Introducing me...a person with some problems!

You are most certainly correct in assuming that I am totally inexperienced in all forms of Magik. So far the Internet has been my only source of wisdom and, as I’m sure you know, that can be dangerous or just wrong altogether.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond to my initial post. It’s good to know that it’s not completely a lost cause just because I can’t set up a physical alter or anything of that sort. It will not be difficult to make sure I devote some time to meditation each day.

As for attempting to reach out to Raphael, I don’t know how to do that part but I can certainly learn. This seems like a safe place to learn new things but I can certainly do some research as best I can. I’d hate to invoke the Ninja Turtle and not the angel by mistake.

I apologize for the humor. I couldn’t help myself.

Thank you very much again for your time.

If I may, is there a particular way that I should be attempting to recite an enn and meditate upon both figures together or should they be acknowledged one at a time?

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your humor is very much welcome here, feel free to be yourself, it’s refreshing.

4 Likes

I would reach out to each being separately for the moment. At least until you get a basic handle on each individual energy.

Enns are specific to demons, coming from the religious practice of demonolatry, so Raphael, being an angel, does not have one. Contact with him can be made by simply chanting/vibrating his name.

My advice, maybe for the first month or so as you are learning, is to bookend your day by calling to Raphael in the morning through vibrating his name and meditating on his seal, and then chanting the enn of Marbas and meditating on his seal in the evenings before bed. As you do these meditations, hold the intention to make contact in your mind.

Here is the technique for gazing at a spirit seal:

3 Likes

That is a quite useful link, thank you.

I will start taking my meditation much more seriously starting today. I have done so off and on in the past but I will confess that I have probably not giving it my all, so to speak.

It’s always comforting to at least have a plan and I will continue with it. Thank you again. I am very pleased with my decision to reach out to the community here.

I don’t think I have any further specific questions at this time. It sounds like it just comes down to putting in the effort and hoping for the best. Please feel free to continue to throw advice at me. I’m a completely open book and will listen.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, glad you’re here. I really like your attitude.

Thank you very much, @EREMITA and also @Raven_6 and @anon48508954 for the every so welcoming welcomes. I am certainly not regretting taking the time to reach out.

I already feel more informed than I did when I started my day.

4 Likes

@ConorM welcome, also I may be biased here but id love to evoke Raphael the ninja turtle, he’s rude but cool so give him a break :wink: :turtle: but you’ll be okay, I was talking to another forum member yesterday and aside from other things we talked about pronunciations and such, but i believe just because so many of us have different accents, speech impediments, or even just ways to pronounciate words its the intent and will behind it that matters more. Spirits are pretty accommodating towards such things in my experience, as i cant in a trance or even speaking pronounce long vowel sounds correctly, so you’ll be fine man! Again welcome and hoping for the best with your endeavors (also Raphael is a great archangel to work with, imo)

1 Like

If you think the angel Rapheal has nothing to do with the turtle Rapheal id suggest you think again.

1 Like

Well it does make sense, i used to sleep with a stuffed ninja turtle one as a child to feel better (not to mention bed covers, pajamas, and action figures) now i call on and channel him to help heal … MY EYES ARE NOW OPEN

Not even joking but try connecting to the angel through the form of a mutant turtle. Look into Chaos Magick.

1 Like

Well, it appears that I have stumbled upon something here but I will endeavor to take this very seriously. I assume that calling upon anything or anyone cannot be considered a joke…although that is a fun notation.

3 Likes

Keep your humour. When things get weird it will save you from madness.

The best magick is serious play.

2 Likes

Quite.

Also I work with the Goddess Eris of Discordia who reigns over chaos and confusion. She shows us how all jokes are serious and all seriousness is a joke. If something interests you because it soubds funny go for it she will be with you

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. You can’t go wrong following the advice Darkestknight gave you.

3 Likes

Try this:

I’ll be sending PMs to most recent new members later on with some useful info in as well, don’t want to send yours on its own because then I get all confused! :crazy_face:

This explains some of the concepts within chaos magick:

This explains why these concepts have sound foundations, dating back to hermeticism and beyond: The Kybalion PDF, archived link (we don’t trade PDFs on here as a general rule but this one is okay, the text is out of copyright and the edition was given for download from the site that created it).

3 Likes

Welcome! I had a spine surgery and could barely walk at all for 3 years. It would take me an hour to get dressed and by the end of it I was so tired and sweating from the struggle that I really couldn’t do much else for the rest of the day. I’m sure it’s not as hard as what you’re going through but I can tell you that following an alternative spiritual path that led me to magick has helped me overcome all of my past traumas and roadblocks. I believe in it because I’ve seen that when I take my power into my own hands to manifest what I want, it has worked every time (even before I knew what I was doing). I still wouldn’t say I always know what I’m doing because this is a lifelong learning process. I just believe in it and know it works. I’ll try to watch for your messages because I totally understand.

2 Likes

Don’t feel overwhelmed brother - we are very supportive here at B.A.L.G forum and community☆☆☆☆

Welcome to the forum Sir. I want to encourage all your trying. And I want to also express all my positive vibe to your will to learn.

I will give myself’s case as an example. I also have never practiced magic or communication with spirits or demons. I do not have the knowledge or the skill, -not even the room- to perform rituals. But I have devotion, will to learn and I have started my own communication through Enn -from youtube- and deep talking which I point as my own way of meditation-.

So go ahead. Have faith and find ways that make you to feel more comfortable on your meditation.

For me -for example- taking a long walk and talking -even through my mind- to the entity I want to reach is a way of meditation. It makes me feel that I am doing my approaching ok. Well I do not know if the most expierenced ones agree with this … But to me it feels ok.

Also wanting to learn more and practicing is also important.

So this is another welcome from a new member -me- of this amazing community.

All the best!

EB

Well sports fans,

I thought that since I have received so many positive replies and sentiments from this lovely community, I should probably give some kind of update. If this is the incorrect way to do so, I apologize.

As directed and prescribed by @DarkestKnight, I have continued to do my best at meditations. I am pretty sure that I am not yet able to induce the Theta waves ( or whichever waves ) that meditation should be providing but I am continuing as best I can. Mostly, meditation just makes me sleepy right now…

I did however have a dream this previous week that made me believe I had made some kind of contact or at least almost made contact. It was a brief dream however. As to the details of this supposed “contact,” I’m not sure if I can share them on this post thread. If I can, somebody please tell me and I will. Maybe y’all will deem it irrelevant and I just imagined it anyways. I don’t really know.

Thank you for taking the time to read this update. I cannot tell you how nice it is to at least know somebody, corporeal or otherwise, bothered to do so.

3 Likes

I heard she was vindictive and malevolent towards humans. What’s the benefit of working with her?