Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

whats going on? name is ray ,wanting to learn some new things and help out others if i can

Welcome @rk123 Please tell us a bit more about yourself. This post doesn’t really tell us anything about you and doesn’t meet our rule.

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience in magick?

If you do, what do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

If you don’t, what areas of magick are you interested in learning about?

im from new jersey , yes i do have some experience with practical magick, id like to keep certain areas of my pracice to my self , id like to learn alot more about magick as a whole and help others as well

Part of a proper introduction is giving us an idea of your experience, what you practice, how long you have practiced, etc. You don’t have to tell us every little thing, but letting us know if you practice evocation, candle magick, sigil magick, or Enochian magick, and for how long, helps us to provide proper advice and direction, as well as to evaluate any advice you may choose to give.

1 Like

Yes, you don’t need to give us a fuill biography, just a bit of info like what got you into magick, and some idea how long you’ve been practicing etc. :+1:

1 Like

Overall I’d call myself a neophyte I guess is the right term for where I’m at. I dabbled with some candle spells, basic spell jars when I was a teen but nothing I considered serious stuff- just things for protection or good luck on a test or something dumb like change my eye color and win my crush over, but I’d barely call it dabbling as I wasn’t serious about it or anything and it certainly wasn’t the focus of my life. My family is relatively atheist and I’m a first generation immigrant. My parents immigrated from China in the 80s on scholarship to study for PhD. I don’t know much about my family history beyond my parents’ generation. I found out recently my paternal grandmother had a penchant for “witchy/psychic stuff” but nobody talks about it in any detail beyond that.

I didn’t reconnect with my spirituality or make the dive into ceremonial/ritual magic until around this time last year. Could’ve been that I was living a selfish life of opiate addiction and it took precedence over everything. It only helped me get into a trance but was everything for a while until I got clean on 6/18/2020 (my ‘official clean date’) with a simple multi-day ritual using a voodoo doll I made of myself.
Before that addiction life started, around 2015-17, I was starting to meditate and practice basic energy work, dream/astral travel, bought my first “occult books” that ended up collecting dust for the most part since. They weren’t helpful anyways. I later discovered this forum by accident after reading Evoking Eternity and the Azazel grimoire by E.A. Koetting books and googling something from the book.
The haze of addiction life ended last year with some workings I did to end that cycle and all ties with it, starting with aforementioned voodoo doll ritual which was over a week and had surprisingly less physical withdrawal than I was expecting.
Since then, it’s been a period of intense awakening (though not fully awake yet- rarely do I hear/see/sense clearly, mostly go off “feels”- also been told by a doctor who oversaw my care every time at this psych hospital I went to a few times during my rough patch that I am also an empath, which explains so much in hindsight/present-sight).
For the past year or so of early sobriety, I have been spending time out in the suburbs with my family. The backyard opens into some wilderness which I love and it’s been ideal for this period of intense spiritual/magickal awakening. Over the colder months, I try to care for the wildlife in our backyard (which costs about $200/week just for that) and have a beautiful rescue cat Baby I adopted in 2014 from a small no kill shelter in Philly that specialized in older animals (she was estimated 5 at the time and is now 12. I know I basically signed up for heartbreak)
At first, for months I was committed to daily practice for hours as though I was catching up or just ravenous for learning or crazy, but slowed down as of last couple months - mostly work included invocation/channeling with spirits (some repeating works include with goddess Isis, Enlil/Beelzebub, Arachne, Lilith, Azazel, and recently was told my guardian angel is Samael from a reading I bought from VK jehennum and I later confirmed with pendulum and starting to reach out to him for invo/evo. I always thought how it’s a miracle I went through a decade of addiction and can say I was so lucky to have never overdosed or had to skimp on paying for what I called necessities at any point- my cat’s insurance/healthcare, groceries for me and my partner, cost of hospitalizations, living costs…just weirdly lucky), evocation, energy work (more recently, since early fall last year practicing Kundalini), some baneful magic I’ll admit, and mainly a bunch of rituals targeting self-alchemy and transformation (opening my senses more, targeting awareness of my weaknesses so I can shed or alchemize them into something that strengthens, stuff like thst) or that helps me overall become a better person/more effective witch. During the day, I work/person-suit as a Data analyst (coding databases in SQL mostly) for a large pharma wholesale company (not my dream job).
I’ve astral traveled from waking just a handful of times- a lot of the travels I suspect are assisted somehow by a spirit during my dreaming or intense trance states but those are unpredictable and that’s something I really want to learn to do myself on command. I also have a draw towards necromancy and started practicing some graveyard workings/spontaneous psychopomp-ing sometimes when I invocate Beelzebub there. I would love to learn more about energetic healing as well as work on divination abilities. I’m currently in a 9 week intensive course on goddess Isis and an intro to Egyptian magic (at least that’s what I’m calling it. It’s called goddess Isis high priestess golden activation training something something)
Currently I’m unfortunately on a low dose of Seroquel for sleep, which is being tapered off by my new doctor who said I never should have been prescribed it in the first place, and I hear that one dampens the senses, so hopefully I get off that soon.
Sorry I deleted my earlier intro in hiding from a messy off-site situation that is now safely resolved.
Czar is a pseudonym from another life and LiSh are the first two letters of my last and first name - wasn’t being too creative there. Only learned my “magic name” recently

2 Likes

I don’t remember how to pronounce my magical name other than from the Golden Dawn’s memo that in Latin, “The soul is purified through sufferings.” I like high magic and some low but black and white is fine. I like white more though. Currently doing my best although I hope God leads the way. I use to serve the devil’s but I’m not currently doing anything. I suppose muh ambitions will be relocated to another frame of reference as I wait until I’m a new person in Christ. Otherwise, not too much to say. I was a Marauder for a while. This being a black magic forum they might tell you more. Good works. Have a nice day! Dude Love’s the name, otherwise, it’s kenneth.

Thank you for doing an introduction as requested @dudelove. However, you haven’t really told us anything about your magical experience beyond your liking of high magick.

What, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions? You did mention the Golden Dawn, but only for your name, not your practice.

1 Like

Hello guys my name is Damian I am from Canada and here’s a little about me. I grew up with the Catholic beliefs so I actually thought magic was evil and to never do it but I was always so fascinated in the true history of the world, a world that wasn’t explained enough in the bible or history book’s. Now I am open towards this path but personally I never have done any magick so I am a beginner and I am looking forward to this new change in my life and this new journey.

1 Like

Oh my apologies. Well I started with WItchcraft, I do believe it was Gardenarian rather than Bucklandish. Mostly the covens I worked with communed with the spirits visually and performed some sacrifices like chickens, small eggs and the suchlike. Later on there were cows and mooses but those turned to be something different. Golden Dawn magic was essentially Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig. I did “some” evocations, Enochian you would call it but the language is different. I’m not sure what they meant.

Nowadays God does spiritual purification through sufferings in the night. I do pray, mostly Roman Catholic/Orthodox traditions but there’s some Protestant. Most of the High Magic was Jewish, Kabbalistic in nature, so that’s what I did. Again it’s mostly asceticism where I go through the motions and am given Christ’s light. Those are the main bodies. It’s usually not much in the way of words, actions or thought but generally waiting for perturbations to occur, suffering, and moving on to the next. It’s really waiting for the next one to attack you. It’s awful.

I have been doing this for roughly since birth since I was a priest/priestess (yes, that’s right) so that’s about 30 some years. Currently single, likes long walks on the beaches, painting, and sacrificing goats. Anything else.

Hello. I have interest in many areas of occultism and esoterics, such as buddhism and necromancy, but I mostly do tarot divination and meditations, got several years of experience.

Hi,

what got you into magick? :smiley:

And have you initiated in any currents, like vodou or anything?

My name is chaos, I’m an aspiring mage who likes to mess around with shamanism and all things natural but I also have a desire to work with the fire element and beings of the fire element. I’ve mainly worked with angels on my paths but in the near future I wouldn’t mind working with demons, I aspire to uplift people and lead people to find the magick of this world. Life without magick and knowing the realities of the world just seems boring and mundane but I always knew magick was real and it kept me going. I’ve always loved the natural world as well, my spirit animal has been an ally that led me to an awakening of the truth.

1 Like

Thank you for doing an introduction as requested @ChaosFlame72.

So what, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you been practicing?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions outside of shamanism?

You’re welcome and I haven’t really got to delve into much paths yet but my goals have mainly been sorcery/shamanic/hoodoo/Solomonic things/maybe goetia stuff and such things they all interest me. I really have a thirst for a lot of stuff like that. But I have a specific problem blocking me from progressing currently. I haven’t been an actual practitioners long maybe a year but I’ve been researching a long time.

2 Likes

My name is Jask, I am 51 years old and I have no experience with magic. As a young man I was practicing meditation and astral projection (with some success), but a personal event took me off this path. For the last 2 years I have been investigating again, as I think I have pending things to do. My research led me to this blog. My current ambition is to learn more about magic and demonology. Trying to evoke Sargatanas with his enn and his sigil.

2 Likes

Hello!

To my fellow brothers and sisters in the path of the sweet and enlightened night.

I hope you all are well.

My name is Joseph. I am 22 and from central florida and I actually used to be a youth leader at my church for quite a while and was even studying to be a pastor. However I was always attracted to the dark side I supposed. Even though I was one that was meant to fight it. Needless to say I was caught in that paradigm but I am glad I followed that dark voice within me and left. Now I have my own meta-physical private practice and im thriving.

My favorite type of magick would have to be evocation and overall energy work.

My current ambitions is to eventually get my work published in become a living god. I write a lot and have come up with some revolutionary things that I would like to share on this platform someday. The only thing that I would say that I struggle with would have to be procrastination. But I am working on it.

Hope to talk to you all!

1 Like

Thank you for doing an introduction as requestied @Joepr1985

How long have you practiced?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions?

PS: Please delete your Twitter. It is against the rules of this forum to link to any outside groups or platforms. You can put it in your profile, but not on the public forum.

3 Likes

I have practiced commercially for a little over a year. I have experience in a lot of systems. Hoodoo, chaos magick and evocation being my forte. I dont mention divination or anything like that because I believe every serious practitioner should know those things. Since its a must. I also give classes on magick and im a sort of spiritual counselor.

1 Like

You have only practiced a year, but you give classes? That doesn’t sound right… :thinking:

1 Like