Intro + Was I contacted by a spirit in a dream, and was it Azazel?

I believe a spirit contacted me in a dream last night, but as I am a complete beginner, I would like confirmation if possible. I apologize in advance for the length of this post.

Sadly, I don’t remember as much about the dream as I would like, but I’ll recount what I do to the best of my ability.

The dream started with me in bed and I started to hear what sounded like coins dropping and hitting a hard surface somewhat regularly, and then a sound of rustling and quiet moaning.

My vision then started to morph as I stared at my ceiling, so I thought I was hallucinating. A male spirit then appeared above my bed, but he was very hard to see and hear. I was uneasy at first, but I was not afraid of him.

He told me his name, which had two parts and I don’t remember it, and we spoke for a while before the dream changed locations and the spirit materialized into human form.

He appeared as a handsome, white man in his late 20’s or early 30’s with short brown hair and no facial hair. He was neatly dressed, and had no supernatural features that I was aware of. We spoke for a long time, but I don’t remember much of it. I think I called him Azazel, but I’m not entirely sure.

He was very mild mannered, and seemed to have a good sense of humor, but I could tell he could be severe if pushed.

I asked him why he contacted me, and he told me that he liked people who were open with their beliefs and he liked that I had gone from Judaism to Atheism to whatever I am now (beginner Left hand path member I guess).

He told me he was a god of strength and knowledge, and he put me through a trial which tested both of those attributes. I had to cross a chasm to reach him using a hand crank attached to a wire. I didn’t have the raw strength to move it, so I started thinking of a way to work smarter. I never managed to reach him, or really move forward at all, but my will never broke and I was very determined to do so. There were many others attempting the same task.

At one point in the dream, there were multiple versions of him sitting around a table (maybe 5 or 6 not including his main self). They all had different clothes and different hair, but all looked like him.

At another point, when he was ethereal, he tried to enter my chest, upon which my hands were placed, blocking him. He was insistent but not forceful, yet I did not remove my hands for I was afraid I did not completely understand his nature, and I feel a connection to Lilith, which I did not wish to betray.

I have not contacted or been contacted by Lilith yet, but I felt a very strong pull toward her that made me obsessively read anything I could on her, and I thought about her almost constantly for a while. That pull is what moved me away from atheism towards the Left hand path in the first place.

I asked him about Lilith, but I do not remember his answer. I also asked about working with other spirits, but he gave me a non answer.

He could see past my male body and tell that I was a girl: I’m MtF trans, and he even showed me a vision of what I might look like as a girl through what I think was a mirror. This made me so happy I cried.

He proposed a deal to me, and I remember saying “I agree” after some hesitation, but I can’t recall what I agreed to.

So I guess what I want to know is: was this a spirit contacting me, if so does it sound like azazel, and how do I contact him without offending Lilith?

P.S I’m so new that I can’t really feel energy and don’t feel ready for an invocation.

1 Like

I don’t see why this would offend her.

Welcome @Nem It is a rule of this forum for all newcomers to properly introduce themselves, so please tell us about yourself and your experience in magick.

How old are you?

You say you are "new to magick, " so do you have any practical experience at all? If so, what have you practiced and how long have you practiced?

If you are a complete beginner, is there a specific area within magick you are interested in learning about?

This is important information to include in an introduction, as it helps us to point you in the right direction as well as to evaluate any advice you may give. You can add the additional information in this thread rather than opening another, but a proper introduction is required, and failure to do so may result in your posts being removed until the rule is respected.

I’m 26, and don’t really have any practical experience at all. As I mentioned in the post, I’ve read a little about things pertaining to Lilith, but I’ve also read a bit on the distinction between left hand and right hand magick.

Other than that, I’m pretty much complete beginner with no practical experience. My goal with magick is to learn enough to make a deal with a patron, hopefully Lilith, and gain knowledge and self improvement with them.

I am particularly interested in learning left hand path magick, and I want to learn enough to invoke spirits and then learn from them whatever they think would help me better myself the most. I am also just interested in magick in general, as I was an atheist before feeling a very strong connection to Lilith, something I had not experienced towards any dieties prior to that.

For a while I didn’t believe there was anything but the material world, but now I think there might be more, and I want a patron to guide me through exploring that world and to help me become the person I want to be.

My only two “magickal” experiences are the odd obsession with Lilith and the dream I posted here. I’ve also done a few Tarrot readings with my sister, and they were frighteningly accurate and pretty depressing.

Thank you for letting me know about the introductions. I will make one after this reply. Do I simply reply to the last person in the chain of the introductions thread?

1 Like

This is sufficient, @Nem, thank you. No need to make a separate post. I edited your title and added “Intro” to it so people will know you have followed the rule.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Nem and to the paths less traveled :slight_smile:

It’s a bit tricky to know for sure who or what has contracted you. The best advice I have to offer on that is to trust your intuition, be open and patient about it, and at some point when you feel more confident simply call and ask Azazel if it was indeed him.

Having such a connection will not be betrayed by letting other spirits interact with you as you described, rest assured. As long as you do not go directly against their explicitly expressed wishes (if they have indeed expressed any) then you will be OK. Keep pondering on if that was indeed Azazel, and ask him for an audience again :slight_smile:

This is awesome. Good for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like