Interesting article regarding the "science of magick"

Hi all,

I’m not terribly active on the forums, but stumbled across this article which I found interesting… I don’t expect it’s telling any of us anything we don’t already know, and I have not vetted the source… however, I do find it interesting that it essentially rephrases what E.A. has been telling us for years.

Here’s an excerpt:

"Dean Radin, PhD, is “Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Science (IONS) and Associated Distinguished Professor of Integral and Transpersonal Psychology at theCalifornia Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS).” Having explored the frontiers of human consciousness for decades, he is one of the world’s leading parapsychologists.

Among the many thousands of scientific papers, journals, articles and books he has written, his forthcoming work, Real Magic: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Science, and a Guide to the Secret Power of the Universe, will explore the links between magic and science.

Real magic, he notes, consists of three categories: Divination (think Tarot reading, The I Ching), force of will (The Secret, Power of Intention), and theurgy (shamanism, channeling), and magical thinking is everywhere today, seen as superstitions and prayer."

Divination

“Force of will” - (Sounds pretty similar to evocation in my opinion)

Theurgy (Shamanism, channeling) - As we all know, a large part of shamanistic practices involves vision quests, astral travel, etc… Soul Travel, anyone?

Wanted to share, as I found it an amusing read. I may even pick up the gentleman’s new book when it comes out. Here’s a link to the article, should anyone want to read it;

Integration of Science & Magick

3 Likes

Wanna sum it up for me :slight_smile:?

It’s a pretty short article, mainly focuses on quantum sciences, proof of focused intention changing the behaviour of photons, it skims over things like herbology being the beginning of pharmacology, science having it’s origin in magick, while the influence of the mind itself was left behind during this “evolution”… the mind determines our experience of reality… that sort of thing. As I said, it’s a quick read.

Cheers =)

3 Likes

Very good read. At least our scientists are searching for answers