Information about the lwa

Hello, I hope you are all fine. So I am looking information about this lwa, his name, his family and his roles.

All Information will be really appreciated.
6e7861bc-797e-49c4-a6a6-d0b0814d5576

Also the white chicken he is holding, what is the symbolic meaning to it.

NB. I have done my research but so far there is no enough information about him.

Thank you in advance
H. A. Adam

3 Likes

Eshu laalu ogiri oko (Divine Messenger)
Onile Orita (He who sits at the crossroads)
Ajo langa langa lalu (He who dances to the rum)
A rin lanja lanja lalu (he who tickles the toe of the drum)
Eshu ma semi ooo Eshu ma semi o Eshu ma semi o (Divine Messenger do not trick me 3x)
Ota mi ni koo se (it’s my enemies you should trick)

In Nigeria Esu, or Eshu, In Cuba Eleggua, Elegbara the Hispanic form of ‘Elewa’ in Nigeria meaning the handsome one.

He is considered the god of fate and well the most important orisha. His ability to facilitate his devotees aspirations, as well as being able to block them makes him indispensable, that being said without Eshu nothing can be accomplished.

He is way beyond good and evil, he is justice in person he could punish or reward humans according to their deeds… I would say the symbol of destiny and perfect balance in nature.

He knows the past, present and future without divination just like orunmila, he is everywhere at every time.

In any ifa, voodoo, or Santeria ceremony or offering Eshu is the first god to be fed before ogun or Shango or Oshun because without his blessing or approval no goodwill can be done.

In this part of the world, we offer him palm oil, palm wine, Local Dry Gin, Eko - corn meal, beans, dark goat, female chicken any feather color will do, but white is :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

1 Like

So with that Information you want to say he is the same as papa legba of Haitian voodoo? @Muggie

Yeah, same same.

If I may, please…. How did you come about that picture you posted? The chicken in his hands? There are hundreds of his pictures but this was too specific… please?

1 Like

There was something I did with papa legba a week later I had vision of this lwa holding the chicken, so I was little bit confused because I knew nothing about him.

A month later I was browsing Pinterest I saw that picture and it was the same with the vision o had that’s why I wanted to connect the dots.

But now at least I have some kind of clarity, thank you :blush:

He wasn’t just holding a chicken in your vision, but whilst I may not know the nature of your work or relationship with him I do know without a doubt he wants a chicken as an offering from you…

1 Like

Not at all, it’s not about sacrifice depending on the nature of work. The chicken to me meant something else.

But I am really grateful for answering my post.

1 Like