Inflicting physical pain within dreams

So I been wondering for the longest while. After experimenting with dream walking for a while I started to think of things I can do with dream walking. The possibilities are endless.

But what about causing actual pain. Ever have a dream where you actually feel the pain. Of course I wouldn’t expect it to be 100% accurate (example someone being burned alive in a dream would probably feel slightly painful heat vs actual screaming blood gurgling pain as morbid as that sounds. But I’m speaking baneful here of course lol)

Would this just require a shit ton of energy. Basically adding the sensations on top of the visuals in the dream. Sounds like a lot of concentration and meditation. Thanks!

1 Like

Dreamwalking gives you the ability to influence someone’s dream but they will always retain total control over it and can, in fact, kick you out. If you were to cause any sort of real discomfort, their mind would likely react and immediately expel you as a threat.

Now, the human mind is an extremely powerful mechanism and is very capable of causing pain and injury to the physical body through nothing but sheer belief. The research on the sleep phenomenon known as night t(e)rrors have shown this. A night t(e)rror is basically a lucid nightmare where the body reacts as if the events occurring in the dream are really happening to it. People who experience them have been known to exhibit true fear responses, with their brain secreting all the chemicals and hormones it naturally would were they really in a life or death situation and sufferers have even been known to wake up with bruises and scratches corresponding to the very areas they were hurt within the dream.

Whether you could externally induce something like that in a target via dreamwalking, though, is questionable as there are certain safeguards inherent within the sleeping mind that protects it and as stated above, you, as an intruder, do not have total control over their dream so they could overcome whatever you do should they become conscious of your presence.

3 Likes

I’ve had a recent success in dream walking with baneful magick not by visiting their dreams, but drawing them into mine.

To be upfront though, only once have a tried this. This is not quite the same scenario as what you’re talking about either. My goal hadn’t been to inflict pain, but shows how something similar can be accomplished. It was able to be sustained with less energy and for longer too.

This happened when I got sick not too long ago, with covid. I am not adept with healing magick at all either. When I was sick I felt so beat I could barely do much more than loosely communicate with some spirits nevermind attempt to dreamwalk to someone else.

So I tried something different. Instead I opened a connection to someone I know who is adept with healing, pulled them into my dream to more or less vampirize their abilities.

With a trusted spirit, I’d asked them to appear as frightening as possible to that person, and also to give the illusion that I was in danger, hurt, something to compel them to heal with a sense of urgency. Then repeat the cycle (as dreams often do) to lock them in longer.

I’d also had to mask my identity, seeing as I am not on good terms with this individual lol. That too seemed to be an important component to the success — if someone doesn’t like you, you might have to modify how you do the dream walking.

The fever broke the next morning. I only had the fever for one day — huge for me because once I get sick like that, recovery usually takes a very long time! It still took additional time to recover of course, but it was nowhere near as bad as many other colds/flus I’ve had in the past.

As for drawing someone else into your dream, that gets more complicated and can take a lot more preliminary work. I do not think I would have had as much success as I had without a lot of other prior endeavors into that person’s dreams. It also wasn’t the first time I have managed to pull that person into mine (sans any baneful magick).

I wish I had more instances of success to be more confident in my success with this strategy. I also prefer to have some replication attempts before even sharing anything like this, but there’s so little out there on dream walking. If you (or anyone really) tries this or similar and has success, I’d love to know.