Incense alternatives?

I personally like the smell of most types of incense, but the rest of my family can’t stand it. It doesn’t help that they can smell it from across the house, from my own, relatively ventilated room.

I was wondering if anyone knew either of a kind/brand of incense without such a heavy scent, or perhaps alternatives to use. I was thinking candles as an obvious choice, but any other suggestions would be great.

2 Likes

What about going outside? I can’t burn things in the house and even if I could, my wife doesn’t like the smell of almost all of them. So, I head outside. It’s “mosquito control”.

2 Likes

That isn’t an option for me, unfortunately. Both nosy neighbors and my parents mean I’m limited to the privacy of my own room.

2 Likes

Are you not allowed to go out in nature? If you can try find a magick place for your self in a forest or by the lake until you build your own Empire.

1 Like

I can, at times, but I live in a big city so parks aren’t all that private. To get somewhere quiet it’ll take a long drive, and I’m unable to do that. I doubt I’ll be in this frustratingly restrictive situation for much longer, but for now I’m trying to find ways to work around it.

1 Like

Essential oil and diffuser

1 Like

Buy diffuser

1 Like

Oh that sounds like it could work, thank you!

1 Like

It is what I used when I lived in an apartment and had to limit how much incense I could use, in many ways I prefer it.

2 Likes

You can make sprays with different scents you just need to add an emulsifier like polysorbate 20 if using essential oils because the oils do not bind to the water or you could use denatured alcohol and just add essential oils or fragrances that way.