Immense Difficulty Visualizing

[quote=“The Eye”]Visualisation is made eyes open or closed. According people one will be tougher than the other. I think easier to visualise eyes open.

Visualising unknown things is far more difficult. A very good exercise from Bardon is to visualise unknown faces. That’s is far from easy.

A good way to improve at visualisation is to use the mix geometrical shapes/colours.[/quote]

I think its like, its easier to visualize into the room/reality something with eyes open, but if you want to visualize something that doesn’t exist - like make your own fantasy land and “move there in your mind” creating your own blend of creatures in your mind ;D then its easier done eyes closed.

I am progressing slowly but surely guys, I have read every single post and have combined it into a working regimen. Just today I have remembered 3 dreams as opposed to randomly remembering a single dream every few days. It is more of a mental shift to think visually.

As for the discussion about pursuing a different sense or modality, I believe audio is my strong point as I am a aspiring musician and I will pursue that as soon as I am satisfied with my visualisation.

The exercise phorba suggested seems to be the most potent as he said it trains all five senses. Thank you very much to everyone who contributed this is a fantastic community!

here’s another visualization exercise you can do, and it’s pretty simple.

you set an object in front of you and you blink as fast as you can for a few seconds. then you slow the speed of your blinking down gradually, and you try to see the object with your eyes closed. keep your eyes closed until the object begins to fade from view. eventually you’ll get to where you are holding it in view for a minute or more but it’ll take a while so work at it