Ifa

The highest most accurate form of divination comes from Ifa.

Elaborate? What makes this form more accurate than other forms of African divination such as Dillogun or Hakata? For that matter what makes it more accurate or applicable than something like I Ching or Tarot?

What is IFA

Google my friend, it will take you far.

[quote="-TWF-, post:2, topic:3891"]Elaborate? What makes this form more accurate than other forms of African divination such as Dillogun or Hakata? For that matter what makes it more accurate or applicable than something like I Ching or Tarot?[/quote]Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I just realized what you wrote. Tarot is what the person sees. I like the shells Dilogun because by the way that the shells fall they give you a story that pertains to what your going through. Ifa is the same way but it 100 times more accurate. Ifa is the highest most accurate form of divination on the planet hands down. I know Mambos Saneros and Paleros that go to Ifa for readings and help. They go to Ifa when they cant help them selves. Orula is a powerful Enity.

I wouldnt necessarily say its the highest or most accurate form of divination. Any Babalawo whos not an ego masturbator will tell you that Palo is far more detailed, and aside from that its not so much divination as a method of communication with the Mpungo or Orisha. Youre getting their opinion and insight on the matter and theres even times when your own Ori (higjer/solar self) and the Orisha will disagree. When I asked if I wpuld be successful in pursuing a specific military occupation the Orisha said they would bless me but my Ori said its not my higher will. Plus theres SO MANY fake Babalawos who dont have a vlue what theure doing and base their divination oit of some cheap book so Id definitely test the waters there…

All I can go by is my experience. Yo I’m a Tata I love Palo all day every day. But when you throw Chamolongos you ask the muerto yes and no questions. My padrino in palo has Muertos that just tell him things. But sometimes even he misses the point. It’s like playing Telephone. Ifa gives you a story by the pattern you cast. Ifa told me things that were so on point and accurate that to me it is hands down the best divination on the planet. Then why do I know Santeros Paleros and Mambos that go to a Babbalawo. And I know these people personally that have gone to my Padrino in Ifa. Everything that Orula had told me happened. Maybe it’s because Babbalawos have Ashe. But so do Santeros. I know Babalawos are cocky but Orumila is no joke.

The Only person I know thats as good as a Babalawo is my Grandfather in Palo. But thats cause he has 25 years as a tata

Well mu friend who does Palo said that its not simple ues or no questions. Depending on how the shells fall, which way they point, there are intricacies to be read into. Also Ive done readi.gs with him where the spirits literally flipped the shells after they settled, so theres definitely more to it…

Yeah there is. But if u look at what you said in your previous comments you said that you get the reading from a babalowo or a santero and they read it out of a book. It’s the same with any shell reading. The way that they fall gives a combination that gets equated into an odu. It’s like binary. But Ifa like 16 32 64 all the way to 256 combinations. The Palero you got the reading from knows his Odus. The story you get with the combination going up to 256 Ifa goes to 1million different combinations. Numbers don’t lie. What would you rather have 256 choices or 1 million?

[quote=“jaysalamone, post:10, topic:3891”]Yeah there is. But if u look at what you said in your previous comments you said that you get the reading from a babalowo or a santero and they read it out of a book. It’s the same with any shell reading. The way that they fall gives a combination that gets equated into an odu. It’s like binary. But Ifa like 16 32 64 all the way to 256 combinations. The Palero you got the reading from knows his Odus. The story you get with the combination going up to 256 Ifa goes to 1million different combinations. Numbers don’t lie. What would you rather have 256 choices or 1 million?[/quote]let my clarify. The Palero you saw had the Odus memorized so he knew what was goin on with you. I love palo. Palo is very strong. Ask any Babalawo and they will think twice about going at it with a Palero. They call my grandfather in palo the Babalawo killer. He’s put more then a few in the cemetery. Everything has is time and place. But in my opinion Ifa is the best divination on the planet.

Im sorry, most santeros learn their divination from a book. My babalawo learned directly from a lineage in west africa. Im not knocking Santeria, but it has alot of unnecessary embellishments in ritual.

Personally I think it is the one reading and their connection to the spirits/cosmos/whateveryouwannacallit.

I mean tarot, bones, and runes are more than just what you see…they can tell you a while story as well.

I haven’t really dealt with that many good tarot readers. It seems a lot like bullshit to me. But that’s because I’ve been around this for awhile. Even befor I got scratched I had people in my family that exposed me to this. This is really all I know.

Ok, if I read you right you are saying that Ifa is the best form of divination because you like it the best. Is that correct?

Then can you tell us what Ifa entails? Because right now all I know about it is that you seem to like it a lot. If you are going to say it is better than everything else can you give us a reason why in a bit more detail?

Ifa just like Ocha Has divination Built in to it. For a client that comes to a Babalawo for a problem. You get the reading wich is mostly 100 percent accurate. Then you get an Ebbo to do. that is the remedy to help fix your problem. I’m not claiming Ifa is the best system to get things done. I’m saying in my opinion Ifa has the best Divination system that I’ve dealt with. I thought I’d voice my opinion about this is in the divination section.

Ah, I see, thank you for your answers.

In my experience tarot readings are more personal and in depth then Ifa divination. Again, your getting the Orishas take on the situations, so if you resonate with the dark gods and are successful in that system but the Orishas want you all to themselves of course theyre going to say you shouldnt be ONA.

Ocha is the watered down, distorted product of what Ifa once was. It takes on new names and faces to go into hiding, but make no mistake, without Ifa, there would be no “santeria” or “ocha”

1 Like

Thats an interesting point. But its never come up about me doing evocations in my readings. But I’m not really doing them any more because I’m trying to get closer to my eguns. But I will say this Evocation does work and fast.