If this is real, why is Koettings success so

Hey, can I ask a critical question? I hope not to offend anyone. But Koetting claims to tap into immense powers that promise a lot, success among other things.

If this is real, why is Koettings Youtube success so mediocre then? Take a look at his Youtube channel, it was made 2012. Almost 3-4 years ago soon! Long time for a channel. He has 30k subs, but only little interest and clicks compared to that.

He made a video 2 weeks ago (Open The Gateways To The Spirit World With Fire) and has only 2,8k clicks even though he has OVER 30k subscribers! That is an increeedibly bad ratio. Same with his other videos besides some (mostly older exceptions)… even 5-8k views isn’t great for an almost 4 years old channel with a lot of marketing.

Now, don’t tell me he doesn’t even want clicks. He does! He tries to utilizie clever thumbnails and clickbait pictures and titles, yet doesn’t really succeed with it.

How do you guys explain that to yourself? My little sister who got into streaming and games pretty recently (this spring) already has a bigger Youtube channel and better clicks going on without any kind of rituals. I don’t get how that makes sense? How can a LIVING GOD only stay at mediocre success, for the amount of time, effort and marketing he puts in?

Like I said, hope no offense taking. Just genuinely curious.

not every one’s interested in magic or things related to it. so not every one will subscribe to his channel.

may be some of his subscribers don’t keep up with the videos or stopped watching with out bothering to unsubscribe. may be some people simply lost interest for what ever reason. you would have to ask the people who don’t watch his videos why they don’t watch them.

and success is never guaranteed. after all, people do have free will. may be the spirits are doing all they can to help koetting along, but unless they take to possessing people directly and then make them click on koetting’s videos, people just aren’t going to do it if they don’t want to.

and just because people aren’t watching every one of his videos doesn’t mean they aren’t buying his books and other products. may be they are, I don’t know. well, that’s my answer any how.

All is vanity, especially YouTube “success”.

Let me ask you something? Are you Katy Perry? She has millions of views because the whole world knows about her so for someone like her anything under 500,000 views would be worthless, but for an average person that hasn’t got extensive worldwide recognition because the media would rather not publicize magick and the occult, 8k views is pretty good.

From the way you worded your post you sound like just an average Joe who has their own expectations for what a good amount of views is, but the truth is for most people that are not massively famous celebrities or really big national corporations, it’s completely normal to only get 1 like or 1 comment for every 500-2,000 views, if that. Most people don’t take the time to comment on, rate, or like something because they see it as a waste of time and they’d rather do what they came to the website to do, and then move on to something else.

I’ve seen plenty of people with over 1 million views on their videos and they only have 3,400 likes and 36 comments. It doesn’t mean that no one likes their content, just that most of their viewers decided not to rate them. I sell online, and on one of the sites I sell thru I am lucky to have 1 buyer leave feedback for every 10-12 sales. Most other sellers get 1 feedback for every 35-40 sales. I also have a video on youtube that only has about 108 views, just added it about 2 weeks ago and it has 25 likes and growing which means that about 1/4 of the people that watched it actually took the time to rate it which is rare. Normally a video with only 108 views, would only have 2-5 likes.

So getting a few thousand views in just a few weeks, is really good considering all the competition that’s out there since everyone wants to be famous and anyone can be famous these days if they have a computer so it’s harder to get recognition with all those wannabes crowding up the feeds. I operate online businesses and I have to do my own advertising so one of the things that I learned in college this past summer was average ratios because I needed to know that information to know if my views and likes were in the normal ranges or failing fast and how to improve them to get more views. So likes and comments has nothing to do with popularity, it’s how many people are watching the videos, and are they watching all the way thru or exiting the video after just a few seconds. There is other datae that decides how popular a video or person truly is, but only the publishers of those videos (the channel owners) have access to that info.

[quote=“Kawachan, post:1, topic:6793”]Hey, can I ask a critical question? I hope not to offend anyone. But Koetting claims to tap into immense powers that promise a lot, success among other things.

If this is real, why is Koettings Youtube success so mediocre then? Take a look at his Youtube channel, it was made 2012. Almost 3-4 years ago soon! Long time for a channel. He has 30k subs, but only little interest and clicks compared to that.

He made a video 2 weeks ago (Open The Gateways To The Spirit World With Fire) and has only 2,8k clicks even though he has OVER 30k subscribers! That is an increeedibly bad ratio. Same with his other videos besides some (mostly older exceptions)… even 5-8k views isn’t great for an almost 4 years old channel with a lot of marketing.

Now, don’t tell me he doesn’t even want clicks. He does! He tries to utilizie clever thumbnails and clickbait pictures and titles, yet doesn’t really succeed with it.

How do you guys explain that to yourself? My little sister who got into streaming and games pretty recently (this spring) already has a bigger Youtube channel and better clicks going on without any kind of rituals. I don’t get how that makes sense? How can a LIVING GOD only stay at mediocre success, for the amount of time, effort and marketing he puts in?

Like I said, hope no offense taking. Just genuinely curious.[/quote]

Hey there!

No need to worry about it.The world of the Left Hand Path is full of people who are open about their shortcomings,EA included,as he is a rather humble person once you get past the marketing stuff.

That said,we have a rule here.It’s that every new member has to post an introduction in this thread:

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/introduce-yourself-to-members-of-the-forum/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/introduce-yourself-to-members-of-the-forum/[/url]

Before making any actual posts.

Both of that aside,let’s move on to why EA’s ‘‘glory’’ isn’t nearly as big as we imagine it.

First off,this guy is talking about black magic and becoming a living god.The number of subscribers you see,are only those who are willing to subscribe,willing to share with the world that on the internet,they watch EA’s videos.

It’s coming out of the broom closet,coming out of the dark magic closet,and coming out in general on an internet level.Though few people will actively dig through your youtube channel to see who you subscribe to,many of us are highly uncomfortable subscribing to his videos,or even liking them,because we can’t let the information leak that we like,study,and practice that kind of stuff.

So the number you see,in the case of both subscribers and likes,is not the whole picture.

Secondly,even this slightly broader group of people who like EA’s videos and practice occultism and are open about it,make up a fraction of the occult community,which is,to be honest,very small when compared to the number of gamers that are out there like your sister.

If your sister and EA have the same number of subscribers,then I can probably guarantee that a greater number of occultists are watching EA’s videos than gamers are watching her videos,even though the same number of people are doing it,that number is bigger in terms of one group than the other.

Then there’s those who simply study his work,but prefer to watch his videos and take from it what they can use but also consult a wide variety of other sources.Why should they invest their time and energy into EA Koetting’s work?

And finally,we are looking at this from the perspective of youtube.People who follow him(and S Ben Qayin,and Timothy Donaghue,and any other member of the BALG staff),on other social medias is something to take into account.

Many of the people who ‘‘like’’ EA’s page on facebook also like it on youtube,but there are those who like him on youtube,but not on facebook and vice versa.On top of the silent shy ones on both ends,who can’t,or don’t want to,express such opinions.

And in the end,he’s spreading knowledge about magick,so does it matter to how many people he’s relaying this information to,or what kind of people he’s telling it too?

Woah,wasn’t expecting so many replies before me!

Take a look at how many video there are ABOUT him, and add up all those views. Those count too.

Don’t feed the Trolls.

IF this is real? What do you mean exactly?
You mean if magick is something real? It certainly is and many people on this forum will testify to that.

I know I personally could care less about convincing anyone about the power of magick.

EA Koetting is very successful despite not having that great of a following on YouTube.
The BALG platform is huge and has gained plenty of attention from those within the world of magick.

Black magick isn’t that popular of a subject in western culture, of course most of his videos aren’t going to have hundreds of thousands of views.
His “Secrets of The Demonic Hierarchy” lecture has over 350k views! Not bad at all.

I skip the 2-3 minute videos hes done lately and watch the longer interviews with Nate or the lecture videos.

[quote=“Kawachan, post:1, topic:6793”]Hey, can I ask a critical question? I hope not to offend anyone. But Koetting claims to tap into immense powers that promise a lot, success among other things.

If this is real, why is Koettings Youtube success so mediocre then? Take a look at his Youtube channel, it was made 2012. Almost 3-4 years ago soon! Long time for a channel. He has 30k subs, but only little interest and clicks compared to that.[/quote]

I’m not involved in any way with BALG the business, not on any payrolls (nor aspiring to be) and I’ve never had a conversation with E.A., I only speak to Timothy about forum-related things in general, and then only rarely, so I have no “insider knowledge” or anything like that. That needs saying because some people may misunderstand things said by a forum moderator.

The first thing that comes to mind is that most of the videos BALG release in newsletters and on the Facebook page aren’t even on YouTube, for example, this release of an hour-long ritual on Halloween, which only went on the YT channel a few days later, after thew subscribers and people who’ve signed up for info on the upcoming Black Magick course had already seen it.

Secondly, I could post a video of me eating cinnamon, doing amusing things with my cat, or unpacking my latest shopping “haul” and get thousands of views - these are mass interests, which black magick’s not (obviously). I myself watch far more lightweight, funny or entertaining material on YT than I do black magick, and that’s not a reflection of my lack of seriousness about this part of my life!

But while I can understand you want proof of E.A. being able to manifest changes in his own life with magick, something about this ask seems a little off - you’re asking people who, for the most part, don’t know anything about BALG’s actual marketing, to speculate on why it’s not doing what you think it should, and these questions can ONLY be answered by either Timothy Donaghue or E.A. himself, so I’m going to lock this thread, and after that, the only people who’ll be able to reply will be those two gents who’ll actually KNOW the answers.

As Arcane said, if you’ve come here to talk about your own magick, please go ahead and do an intro ahead of anything else. Thanks.