I think karma exists change my mind

By believing in karma, you create it. You essentially curse yourself.
If you’re referring to your belief toward the actions of others, then you’re directing negating energy to those parties. “Karma” has nothing to do with it. It’s all you, son.

3 Likes

Karma was created to control the masses. But if you believe in it, then it will exist for you. Much like the traditional hell- this is why a handful of people die briefly and experience it and come back running to Jesus. Their own guilt created that place. The mind is very powerful.

I’m not saying feel guilty over nothing or have no moral compass. I have no problem saying I won’t do this or that. The why is important though . Not because I’m afraid of repercussions, but rather, it’s not what I believe in. It has nothing to do with backlash or karma or punishment.

People who commit disgusting acts that most of us frown upon, I believe will have to deal with something , but I wouldn’t necessarily call it punishment. They have to grow still, evolve, ascend, come to terms, etc. So how they have to face it? I don’t know. But I do believe it impacts them someway.

2 Likes

I tend to be rather “moral” although not so much with a part of my magical attempts. Especially in case of success; on the other hand, after a few of them I’d stop.
Anyway, yes, I also think one has “only” to remove conceptions of good and evil. There are other solutions, one of them is to struggle against entities that would enforce such punishments by becoming increasingly powerful.

Here’s your karma: The law of cause and effect.

2 Likes

That is a very broad stroke you paint with, lol. By that rational, crossing the road in a crosswalk is evil. And why not? Their will to drive is impeded. Their freedom to drive through the space I occupy is limited, and there are penalties if the driver disregards. By your definition, any act that inconvenienced any other person is evil.

3 Likes

Guys, I have to point out that it seems like you all are not pointing out the difference between traditional karma and Western interpretations of karma. What it seems like you all are talking about is Western concepts of karma, i.e. a penalty/rewards system, which is not what karma is at all.

How’s that working out for you? :wink:

Take a look at this: How has the left hand path changed you? - #3 by Lady_Eva

4 Likes

Not well :joy::joy: I’m realizing that we are the only force that can impact our will on to the world

2 Likes

I think most of us want life to be fair: we want good people to be rewarded and see bad people be punished. But experience shows this isn’t always the case. Perhaps more importantly, there is no objective definition of good and evil that everyone can agree on.

3 Likes

Made a video discussing this earlier:

1 Like

I understand why you feel that way, but I personally have come to the conclusion there is cause and effect. If you fuck enough people over you will eventually run into one that destroys you for it.

4 Likes

This. That’s what I mean

1 Like

@dagar This is my view.

There is no karma at least as defined in the western sense, being there is some “cosmic” and or “otherworldly” force going around punishing people. People punish others and themselves.

In the Indian or Hindu perspective dharma is “following your true way”, some conflate this with order because when you follow your true way you negate chaos in yourself and everything you come into contact with.

To find and follow your “true way” you must do as the oracle at delphi said
“know thyself.”

Karma then, is when you don’t follow your true way, you incur chaos. For instance it is apart of most peoples dharma to eat, drink, sleep, work, and if we do not do these things or worse do the opposite of these, then we get karma.

Another example The Warrior’s/King’s “dharma” is to destroy his enemies absolutely, if he did not do this then his enemies could retreat, gain more support and come back and seek revenge.

This would be bad karma for not fulfilling his duty or “dharma”, it’s quite analogous to what @J.A.Ragnarson said about cause and effect.
You reap what you sow
you get what you put into it etc.

It is my view that the cosmos is given over to order, life, movement balanced with transmutation. It’s inherently good and finds this balance in the continual dissolution and regeneration of matter/energy.

“Energy and matter are never destroyed, they only change form” - Some smart guy

Evil then is literally corruption, to take what is good and twist it for harmful wrong doings, whether it’s the corruption of personal entities such as an individual or a broader more vague entity like that of corporations or an institution.

Thus my logic follows that you must be corrupt in some fashion (mental, physical, spiritual) to do evil in the first place, and this corruption whatever form it takes inevitably leads to the abuse and infringement of someone elses free will.

All humans suffer the good and the bad, but they suffer differently, the evil in today’s world while not suffering from physical scarcity (money, power, fame) at least most the time - suffer spiritual & mental scarcity.

This leaves them with a void that once enthroned a heart, and in this void they sow the rancid seeds of their own destruction whether self created or at the hand of another. For some this leads to their minds becoming fractured and deluded with their own self aggrandizement.

These are Humans that are corrupt and do evil for the sake of evil, and are what I call “broken”, they will inevitably be recycled through the process of dissolution-transmutation-regeneration to start a new.

The only evil that exists is corruption
which leads to abuse, chaos & stagnation (karma) =Bad

Movement, flow, order or harmony (dharma) =Good

Just my few cents,

Myrddin.

4 Likes

They’re all just words, labels we use for quick and easy identification of the concept. There’s no such thing as objective morality. What is “evil” to one, may be “good” to another.

1 Like

If it exists speak for yourself

1 Like

Idk anymore honestly lol. Don’t really care either I was just trying to spark conversation and debate :heart::heart::blush:

1 Like

Wait so you seem experienced. When you do evocations, I know you can do it without tools; how can I be confident in knowing I’m actually contacting the person and not an impersonator or just taking to myself

1 Like

When you ask the demon(or whatever entity) to do something for you and get real, tangible results, that’s when you KNOW your not just daydreaming (or talking to some useless parasite) Before that, no way of really knowing.

1 Like

Spot on!!!

Karma is a misunderstood concept here in the western world because of the influence from Christianity. It has nothing to do with “higher power” who punish or reward you. Karma means that what you seed in this life you harvest into the next life. In the buddhist version it’s the karma itself that causes the rebirth and buddhists do therefore not believe in a soul.