I think I'm back (Story Inside)

It’s been a couple months since I’ve been here. But, over all I’ve spent a lot of time learning.

So, what caused me to leave was Christian influence again. I don’t regret it. I was able to grow certain mystical sides within me as a Catholic mystic. I was growing in supernatural experiences such as visions and in self-control (as well as my skill in the theta-gamma sync). In my absence I was confirmed in the Catholic Church, this is when the priest anoints me with oil as a symbol of the Holy Spirit entering me and then he puts his hand on my head and seals me in the Spirit and I gain gifts. This, along with baptism, is believed to create an indelible mark on the soul. This means that I will always be technically a Catholic, even if I fall away.

Recently, in my deep studies, I came across some interesting information that has made me question the validity of the Catholic Church. The Church teaches that she is divinely prevented from teaching error or changing doctrine. But, I have found at least two examples in the History of the Church where they have done exactly that in recent centuries.

It bothered me, and I had a lot of soul searching to do. I sat on this information for about a month before making any kind of decision. I now know what I have to do, and next week I’m meeting with the pastor of my parish, Fr. Remi, who was also my spiritual director, and tell him about my findings. Then, I plan on just not going to church anymore.

I don’t know if I’m ready to dive immediately back into spirituality now. I want to hang around BALG, I like you guys, and I’ll be slowly moving back into my old clothes. You can think of me as Ashton+1, I have many more insights about deities and various concepts.

Currently, I’m just working on my divination skills. The true prophet should be able to use anything to divine, from the people they pass on their way home to the trajectory and speed of wind. The only requirement is a magical mind that sees connections everywhere, i.e. the theta-gamma sync.

Oh, cool story, so a couple years I decided to use the Law of Attraction to find me the perfect boyfriend. So, I wrote out a list of characteristics and wrote a title on top of the page called, “My Perfect Boyfriend.” Yeah, original, I know.

So, I kept this in a secret compartment in my wallet at all times. So, I totally forget about it, and recently I’ve been looking for a new boyfriend and have found someone who I practically fell in love with at first sight, even though he isn’t really my type. Suddenly, I remembered about the list I made and I pulled it out and read through it and I was like, “Oh my God! It’s him! This describes him!” Needless to say, I’m pretty stoked about the whole thing. However, I did divination about the whole situation, and it said that it would fall apart and I would end up with a broken heart. But it would be for the best, because I would be in a new place that I wouldn’t be able to get without going through him. So, I was like, “Screw fate, I’m going to go for it.”

So, to end this essay, I’m glad to be back. Thank you guys for being an awesome community and I can’t wait to see how things go.

Damn it’s good to see you back hun… missed ya.

Ha ha! the prodigal son returns lol. Welcome home brother. :wink:

Just a valid question my friend how does being a mystic not clash with your belief in your god?

You should look at the rich history of mysticism in the Catholic Church. Mysticism is not to be shied away from in the Church, it’s to be celebrated under certain restrictions. I mentioned in the original post about how Fr. Remi was also my spiritual director. A spiritual director is a necessity for any mystic, I would tell him about all of my experiences and all of my revelations and he would listen and discern what should be done about it. There are a bunch of marks of true mysticism in the Church and obedience to proper authority is one of them. I couldn’t tell anyone else about any vision I had, without first telling it to Fr. Remi and getting his permission.

A quote from the Catholic Encyclopedia: “Mysticism, according to its etymology, implies a relation to mystery. In philosophy, Mysticism is either a religious tendency and desire of the human soul towards an intimate union with the Divinity, or a system growing out of such a tendency and desire. As a philosophical system, Mysticism considers as the end of philosophy the direct union of the human soul with the Divinity through contemplation and love, and attempts to determine the processes and the means of realizing this end. This contemplation, according to Mysticism, is not based on a merely analogical knowledge of the Infinite, but as a direct and immediate intuition of the Infinite. According to its tendency, it may be either speculative or practical, as it limits itself to mere knowledge or traces duties for action and life; contemplative or affective, according as it emphasizes the part of intelligence or the part of the will; orthodox or heterodox, according as it agrees with or opposes the Catholic teaching.”

And so, there are many saints who are mystics such as St. Catherine of Siena, St. Vincent Ferrer, St. John of the Cross, St. Teresa of Avila, and the list goes on. Mysticism is meant to supplement the Church’s teaching, not move against it.

Hmm very interesting and that would make sense I know early saints were stolen from paganism and perverted by the romans when they created Christianity. I guess it would stand to reason then that u are rhp and would not participate in sorcery of any kind. Sorcery with the defined as being selfish and self deifying. As we all walk different paths , the lhp works for me and I have found much that has liberated me from the misconceptions of this world of illusion. I am just surprised that the Church allows even mysticism which is a good thing.

I have no problem working sorcery now. I don’t believe in “white” magic or “black” magic, I believe in magic and use it in accordance with my morals and values. I don’t believe in the “left hand” path or the “right hand” path, I believe in my path and I’m confident about where I’m going.

I am not Catholic anymore remember, that’s what this post is all about. And I can’t speak about early saints being perverted pagan entities, though I highly doubt it. What sources have you read that say such? But the ones I listed above are all in the medieval ages. St Catherine of Siena died in 1380; St. Vincent Ferrer died 1419; St. John of the Cross died 1591, and St. Teresa of Avila died 1582. St. Pio of Pietrelcina, another mystic saint, died in 1968. So these occurences are very alive and well into the modern Church.

^ Wot they sez - good to see you back, sounds like you’re really wrestling with some big questions there instead of just letting one “side” or the other spoonfeed you, I really respect the heck out of that (for whatever it’s worth) because I know it’s not an easy route to take.

And congrats on the new love interest! :slight_smile:

Haha OK that makes sense the way you were talking it sounded like u were still in that belief bahahaha :slight_smile: my bad bro. But yes catholism is interesting I’ll admit. But I think from the books I’ve read Bran the Blessed who is a druidic god got turned into st Germaine I think. And Brigid the fire/forge goddess into st Brigit. And there is another big one but I can’t remember it right now