I thanked Sekhmet today

A little less than a week ago, I summoned Sekhmet to reduce my pain, as she is the Mistress of Life who can heal. A night later, the spell worked much better than I expected it to. I ordered some red candles and matches soon after that because I was suggested to light a candle in thanks. I liked that idea. So today I did that as quietly as I could and snuffed out the candle after I voiced my thanks because I didn’t want my mom to be suspicious of anything. I know that candles technically shouldn’t be disturbed with spellwork, but snuffing it out is the least disturbing thing you can do to a candle if you really need it out quickly. I also explained to Sekhmet the reason why I had to snuff it. After I put the candle away, I could feel happiness in the air. I knew Sekhmet heard me and she was thankful. She is encouraging me to walk the Egyptian path for some time. I think she sees potential in me. Even though I love many other paths, I may focus on Egyptian gods and magic for some time.

Sekhmet has a powerful but motherly aura. She’s a lot like the mom you don’t wanna piss off because you know she’s going to go all Kung Fu on you. But when you’re in her good side, she’ll help you heal or whip someone’s ass if that’s what you need. This makes me wonder what her other aspects (mainly Bast and Hathor) are like because I haven’t work with them yet.

Anyway, that’s what I wanted to share. Just knowing she’s on my side makes me happy.

10 Likes

Congratulations :slight_smile: just relight it every time you wanna thank her :slight_smile: you don’t have to always do it in one go :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I love Sekhmet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats on finding a being who could help relieve your pain. I know the happiness that comes with it, as not too long ago I asked Marbas for help with a similar problem. It’s great seeing others have the same experience!

2 Likes