I am Truly Stunned

…this shit just got real for me!

I opened the Abremelin Square to bring some much needed money my way. Now, I’ve tried this square many times before and had no success, but this time I approached the ritual differently. Instead of being focused on the money I needed, I instead looked at the goal of the ritual as being my Ascent. I decided the success or failure of the operation didn’t matter, only whether it would aid in my progression. I found this approach worked wonders for my obsessive attachment to the outcome.

Boom! Within 72 hours I received money from a very unexpected source I could not have predicted. Though it was not the full amount I asked for (it was slightly more than half) I count it as a great success.

I want to thank Claidheam, whose very insightful Tarot reading in regards to my Ascent changed my way of looking at ritual.

18 Likes

Hell yeah, this is awesome!

This is very insightful. I myself have always struggled with obsessive attachment to the outcome. I am definitely going to attempt ritual with this mindset.

1 Like

It may not have been exactly what you asked for, but by any chance was it exactly what you needed? Like not a penny over or under what you needed?

1 Like

Nice job
I’ve a question: did you use the the original ones or the leitch’s completed squares?

I realise that this is a bump from nearly ten years ago, but I’m wondering if there is a particular book on Abramelin squares that you would recommend? I’ve never used one before buts its been on my list of things I would like to experiment with

1 Like

The primary text is the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage. As far as I am aware, there is no book that focuses solely on the squares as the they are said to be less effectual without completing the Abramelin Operation, aka the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel. You can still get a result from them without completing the operation, of course, but the result is generally considered less than what you could potentially get with the blessing of the HGA.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I’m not sure the whole operation would be feasible for me

2 Likes

It’s an 18 month operation, but relatively simple. It mainly consists of purification and prayer three times a day. However, there are modern adaptations that utilize the Bornless Rite and cut that time down to around six months.

EA Koetting was able to complete the original operation, even finding time to perform his purification and prayer while in the midst of the Burning Man festival so it just takes a bit of discipline and creativity to adapt a schedule that fits your life. I’ve kind of just been avoiding doing the operation, though, to be honest, Not sure why.

1 Like

What does it promise, from what book is it?

Interesting, I had thought it involved spending the whole time in the wilderness with no human contact.

I should look into it further

No, it’s only at the final month where it is recommended to withdraw from all mundane activity. The book itself recommends that one have their life responsibilities in order ie that you possess enough wealth that you can set aside the time necessary, but it also says that even servants can do it if they can commit.

The modern adaptations are far less restrictive than the original text though. I recommend checking out 21st Century Mage by Jason Newcomb for some methods that might suit you better. Damon Brand also has a book, Magical Destiny, for making contact with the HGA, though I don’t know how effective it is or how its simplicity stacks up against the more rigorous operations. I got the impression reading it that the method doesn’t really do justice to the full HGA experience. It seems to want to take the discipline and dedication out of the whole concept. In my opinion, it was written, I think, mainly for those who don’t want to have to struggle for power, and who think everything should be handed to them without a lot of effort.

1 Like

I will definitely check this out.

I have brands book. I did the first protocol for a month or so. The approach just didn’t gel with me. It didn’t feel like I was actually doing anything with substance.

1 Like

That’s how it felt to me as well. I guess I just feel that to experience something so profound as the HGA requires something…more.

1 Like

You need to raise your fortitude for more stun resistance =)

LOL this post was so long ago. I don’t know how people keep finding it :joy:

I’m a completely different person now and my stun resistance is considerably higher 'cause I’ve seen some shit :joy: