I am going to stop sucking at meditation I swear

Ya’ll I suck soooo much at meditation. It’s not even a focus or clearing the mind thing. I can do that at any other time with our a problem. When it comes to actually meditating I am like an adhd dog after a squirrel, a bunny and a cat all at ones. Like if you want to punish me tell me to meditate for any give extent of time.

One of my goals for 2020 is to get better at this since it is so important for both you mind, body and soul, but also in Magick.

I have a strong physic sense to make up for my lacking being able to focus.

I decided to keep a journal of my adventures in becoming better at mastering this important skill.

11 Likes

I’ll be following :sunglasses:

I suck at meditation too and I can’t seem to get back to it, always procrastinating like some teenager who just won’t do his math homework :joy:
So I could learn from your experiments, and get inspired as well !

4 Likes

It’s really funny I kinda just start thinking about the meaning of life or what I want for dinner. It’s awful.

2 Likes

:joy: I feel you ! It’s like your mind can shut off when you work or when you take a shower or when you go for a run, anytime. But that one time you try to meditate, it just won’t :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Just going to quote myself:

7 Likes

it sucks. My mind wanders like a lost explorer. “Oh, what’s over here, old childhood memories, oh regret, and things I did wrong 20 years ago”

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!

3 Likes

I feel ya. I typically use a few Black Flame chants or the music I use for ritual. It slows me down enough that I eventually stop hearing it. I’ll PM the link to not clutter up your journal area.

1 Like

Also try a good breathing technique, there’s lots of breathing techniques, so try a few and find one you like to use while meditating.
I breathe in for 6 seconds, hold it for 6 and breathe out for 6 seconds.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

dont overwork yourself but dont slack off either, take 10 minutes, if you cant then minimum 5 and just relax, and focus

3 Likes

try doing this daily, as many times as you feel is right

1 Like

I feel you. Sometimes, it’s like our minds want us to stay bound to the physical realm.
(I think I may have founded my own conspiracy theory rn)

3 Likes

I would love to hear it!

Okay so what if, lets say, some people had traumatic experiences in past lifetimes ,so that the parts of their consciousness that witnessed these events got severed from their collective consciousness and formed as parts of the brain that don’t let people contact with any sort of spiritual entity or ancestor?
That would prevent them from eventually “re-stumbling” upon the traumatic events and further damaging their soul and spiritual self. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Shamanic healing has the concept of “soul retrieval” to heal and reintegrate those instead of leaving them stuck, and without bringing all the trauma to the door at once.

Btw I got back a part of my that was burned as witch and that was a game changer, so this isn’t theoretical to me.

6 Likes

Oh that’s actually pretty helpful , thanks Lady_Eva!
Any interesting threads/reads you’d recommend on Shamanic Healing?

1 Like

Can’t think of any offhand, the Foundation For Shamanic Studies do trainings in the USA, Aust & Europe but soul-retrieval does require some training, and experienced people to show the different angles and answer the many questions people have.

So I don’t know if a book alone could bring you up to speed, but a trusted spirit to work with should be able to help. :+1:

2 Likes

Actually fasting shuts the mind off.Repeating and slowly shutting of a mantra/chanting might work too.

3 Likes

I know exactly what your talking about. But I did try a meditation that worked wonders on me. It’s the blue ray meditation from Ea. My mind calmed the fuck down after this one. I’ll give you a link to check it out.

4 Likes