Hypnosis 3: Body Training (Tutorial)

So now that I have gone through some of the theoretical aspects of hypnosis, I am now going to start talking about practice aspects of utilizing hypnosis in order to start facilitating magical changes for the practitioner. Now, if you have been interested in what I have been talking about so far, you might be anxious to get yourself knee-deep in some scripts and getting inductions together. While you could do that, and probably reach great success doing so, I am not going to start diving directly into self-induced hypnosis. Rather, I am going to focus on a topic that is rarely married to self-hypnosis: body training and preparation.

Self-hypnosis training, like any other form of spiritual training, works best under a set of certain circumstances. Now, self-hypnosis may have a lot more normative flexibility than traditional methods of personal-state mastery, but at the end of the day the goal of hypnosis and traditional methods is the same: mastery over personal states of being. As such, if certain properties of the practitioner are not conducive to creating the proper state changes, then attaining state mastery may be reasonably difficult regardless of the method. One of, if not the biggest agreed upon obstacle to state mastery is busted-functioning body.

Notice, I am saying that state mastery MAY be reasonably difficult with a busted body; it is not written in stone. Many people self-hypnotize for the expressed purpose of renewing their body, so what I am going to talk about here is not something that could be labelled and absolute necessity. Moreover, I want to state that “busted” here is not exclusive to relativism; I’m not exclusively talking about the relatively sickly, disabled, or infirmed. When I refer to busted, I am talking about bodies that are generally out-of-sync with the practitioner’s conscious awareness, not under the control of the practitioner, and bodies that have to struggle to harness, sense, and amass primordial force. Overall, this would probably account for the majority of the general populace. But it’s not an absolute necessity to train the body, and in fact I personally advocate the magical use of hypnosis on creating prime physical function over ANY OTHER GOAL!! Yet, doing body preparation and training comes with several advantages to self-hypnosis that kind of make it foolish to disregard.

So given the nature of this topic, this thread, all by itself, will be both part of the hypnosis tutorials as well as a Tutorial that could stand alone all by itself. I want to start by saying that what I will be posting is based 100% of self-experimentation; I’m not going to bring up a single thing that I have not put my hands on myself. Moreover, this segment of body training will discuss not only body movement, but breathing, diet and other processes revolving around body cleansing. As such, the structure of posts that I will post will look roughly like this:

Why Body Training Is Useful for Self-Hypnosis
The Qualities & Types of Body Training Conducive To Spiritual Success
Body Training Modality 1: Breathing
Body Training Modality 2: Body Movement
Body Training Modality 3: What To Do About Diet???
Body Training Modality 4: Fasting And Other “Advanced” Practices

To end this post, I will point out that very few techniques will be outlined here. The reason being is that, even without the techniques, this is going to be a big thread just with me posting alone. I will provide a reading list of recommended books and authors.

So that’s it for this post, and I will probably get the next two posts done before the day is through.

Edit: So it has come to my attention that I cannot post links to download these books for free unless I somehow manage to verify they are public domain. Since I never did that to begin with… I ain’t really gonna bother now. If these books were really difficult to find, then I might actually do that, but honestly there won’t be too many books in the first place and most all of them are as easy to find as a Google Search. So to edit, I will NOT be posting links of these books on this thread unless they are verified to be within the public domain.

2 Likes

Why Body Training Is Useful for Self-Hypnosis

So, now that we got everything squared up, I will start with why body training is useful to self-hypnosis. As I have stated repeatedly, the immediate goal of someone who is self-hypnotizing is to induce deep, altered states of consciousness. The reason for this is simple: In altered states of consciousness, the filters of the conscious mind are more readily bypassed. Moreover, the deeper the state change is, the easier it is for the subconscious to access and utilize the suggestions the practitioner uses on themselves. Now, in certain cases, a practitioner does not want to go as deep as possible; sometimes the delta state is not as useful for an activity as the theta state. However, the ability to at least reach theta should be the goal of the self-hypnotizing magician, just as the theta state is the optimum state for the performance of more traditional methods of practice.

In order to facilitate this theta, the process of hypnosis utilizes induction that primarily focuses on the relaxation of the body and mind. Again, this is just like meditation, as in meditation relaxation of the body and mind is also necessary to induce altered states. The difference, of course, is that hypnosis allows for this process to be passive for the person wishing to enter altered states, whereas meditation is instigated by the efforts of the person seeking altered states. As such, the conscious mind of the hypnosis user is more readily able to let the conscious mind go, whereas a meditator has to deal with their conscious mind directly and if they want to try and command themselves into change, they have to actually use their conscious mind.

However, in either situation, there is a common issue: the state of the body of the practitioner. For the average individual, it may sound ridiculous to think of relaxation as a “skill” that requires any sort of special bodily condition. However, for the sake of keeping things simple (this is a subject that can really, REALLY fill up a lot of text), most human beings amass far more tension than they can dispel through normal means. As a result, the ability for people to relax, even in sleep, is rarely sufficient to for entering deep, altered states.

Now, I could go into why relaxation is healthy, and then highlight all the different ways that this relates to why things like yoga, chi kung, and other bodily processes aid in creating optimal body states. I actually could do this, but then you all would be reading a thread that, just in that context alone, would measure out to being well over 200 pages worth of text. I do not have time for that, and you guys probably don’t either hahaha.

Instead, let it suffice to say that the reason why these exercises help the body be prepared for spiritual work is the same reason they can be considered curing for the body itself. They remove tension and toxic matter that normally blocks the flow of information from the brain to the rest of the body organs. In addition, they help to remove these same limiting factors in not only the muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones, but also tension stored in organs and the endocrine system. As such, the body becomes energized from not only being able to assimilate things like food, oxygen, and nutrients better, but from the inherent internal energy having a greater flow capacity.

The above is really just an extremely brief overview of why exercise is important on a physiological level, and trust me when I say I could get WAY more detailed. However, for practical reasons, I had to stop myself for several reasons. One, this thread is already going to be big enough. Secondly, I could describe all sorts of shit, and you reading this for hours could not give you an iota of the knowledge that practical experience could. Lastly, there are some things to highlight besides the direct physiological aspects that make body training and preparation important.

For most people, their consciousness identifies the “I” of themselves as synonymous with the physical self. Even though we may read a lot that relates to an “I” beyond the physical self, even most of us practicing magicians considered the primary “I” as being heavily tied to the physical body. If you are shot, it’s not likely that you will say, “My bodily shell has suffered a gun wound,” you would more than likely say, “I got shot dammit!!!” As such, what happens to our bodies can greatly affect how we view ourselves and our ability to be successful. The body and mind are intrinsically tied; if you are super-stressed in life, you are far more likely to suffer any number of maladies that have been verified to be tied to emotional and mental unrest by even modern medical science.

Given this inherent tie of the self-identification with the body, a lot of spiritualists have problems rectifying this relationship because the body seems heavily geared at impeding the process of primordial evolution. However, these is a flipside: if you can work on the body in a way that causes dynamic benefits in bodily awareness, bodily control, bodily function and even bodily appearance, that success can drive a momentum that readily bleeds over into success with primordial fulfillment and goals. I can attest through my own direct experiments that hypnosis success benefits greatly from this relationship when it comes to bodily care.

So as we can see, there are physiological and psychological advantages to be gained from bodily training and preparation that aid in the success of spiritual work, specifically hypnosis as discussed here. The next post in this thread will highlight qualities of preparation and training that I have experienced as being conducive specifically to hypnosis success, both in myself and others. Thanks, and tomorrow I should be able to at least get out one post that will finally highlight specific practices and ways to approach them.

1 Like

The Qualities & Types of Body Training Conducive To Spiritual Success

We are getting pretty close to addressing actual body practices that I have experienced as helpful. In order to help you navigate why I choose these practices over others I will highlight the qualities of exercise that appeal specifically to hypnosis. These qualities are as follows:

Density & Efficiency:

When I talk of density, I talk about the ratio of benefits gained by a practice over time and effort spent on working with that particular practice. So a highly dense practice is one that has a high degree of benefits without the need for spending long amounts of time on it or feeling like you are a regular at Torture Rack City. As such, highly dense exercises are highly efficient, so in the matter of hypnosis, body practices should be highly dense and highly efficient.

Energizing:

In most exercise regimes, there is usually a constant that remains a hallmark of a “good” system: physical fatigue and exhaustion. If you are sore and exhausted by the end of a workout, then you have done “well” and should continue pushing like that in your fitness efforts. Well, that’s not the case here, physical exhaustion and physical fatigue is the absolute POLAR OPPOSITE set of qualities that we want to engender in perhaps any spiritual exercise. However, this is especially the case with hypnosis; engendering practices that feel like punishment couldn’t be further from the goals that a self-hypnotist tries to work for.

No, the quality of exercise sought after here is one that improves all bodily functions while leaving the practitioner feeling BETTER AND MORE INVIGORATED when the exercise is done. Being “hardcore” is completely unnecessary here, and actually reinforces ideals of struggle, “sacrifice”, pain, and toil to get good things out of life. This may be a perfect set of ideals for other forms of spiritual practice, but not hypnosis. Wanting a high-functioning body? Want a great-looking body? All of that sounds good and is perfect in terms of bodily goals, but here we take a route that is enjoyable and facilitates simplicity, ease, peacefulness, and happiness while remaining exciting, thrilling, and new.

Simple, Yet Challenging:

While I have been mentioning that the procedures of body practice should be seemingly easy, by no means do I feel they should not be challenging. When you are learning to do something new, the process of it being new itself presents what can be considered challenge. That’s what challenge really is; the process of getting in-tune with the various facets of something you are involved in. But this does not mean that it has to be hard, in fact many things that are hard present no challenge to people whatsoever because people are used to things being hard. So while body practice should be simple, it should present a great deal of room for mastery and investment, where the practitioner has various experiences to explore and learn from.

Flexibility:

Perhaps an overlooked, but extremely important aspect is the flexibility of the body practice you work with. Is the body practice adaptable to schedule, location, and space changes? This can be very important, because flexibility goes hand-in-hand with motivation: the more flexible a practice is, the more motivation remains intact. The less flexible it is, the lower the motivation. Now, in terms of practices like fasting, sometimes there is a basal rate of inflexibility. However, even fasting can be adapted to intermittent cycles, which almost anyone can do while maintaining a day-job.

Transformation Initiation:

The last of these qualities perhaps is the one true quality you look for: transformation ability. In terms of transformation, I am not simply talking about outside appearance of muscles, hair, or skin, but more so in terms of the practice’s ability to beneficially transform how your body operates as whole. How well a practice does this is based on it’s ability to induce the following:

Detoxification
Strengthening
Fluidity

These qualities are hand-in-hand; body practices that facilitate good detoxification also creating strengthening conditions in the body and promote fluidity throughout the body, both in movement of the gross bodily elements as well as the subtle bodily elements.

While the quality of challenge in body practice can be said to exist in any body practice, the other four qualities rule out a lot of stuff. Obviously, gym-routine types of exercise would be eliminated: Weightlifting, modern calisthenics, long-distance running and things of that nature are eliminated. The ability to perform any of these activities with skill, ease and power is a desired quality. But the practices themselves as methods of training are counterproductive to the qualities posted here: they are exhaustive, painful, time-consuming and, at least in many cases, are inflexible. Many people will injure themselves at least once in such training, and are often focused on muscular development with no awareness of trying to strengthen organs such as the liver, kidneys, intestines, spleen… at best the heart and lungs appear to strengthen because they are stressed.

What many people will choose to do in terms of alternative practice will be to go to one or several different Eastern practices for their body care. In fact, I will highlight a set of 3 exercises that are prevalent in that region, showing up as important in both Indian and Chinese-originated work. However, when it comes to things like Hatha Yoga and Qigong, I will not be highlighting these works as being the alternative source of body practice for hypnosis.

The reason for this is quite simple: they don’t satisfying most of the criteria I just laid out here. In terms of exposure to authentic and deep practice of these streams of work, the extreme majority of it is still hidden from the public. However, this really is of null consequence to the reason for exclusion. Rather, the reason for exclusion is that, even with the stuff that is normally available to the public, to practice the stuff at even 50% capacity of what is demanded is gonna take a lot of time, a lot of effort, a lot of struggle, and a pretty thin margin of flexibility. Moreover, the practices were designed with the goals that were set forth in those paradigms; they were complete systems of work all by themselves.

So trying to marry a body practice such as Hatha Yoga or Qigong with hypnosis is going to require a great retardation of the original outlined practices. As such, a person is not going to be practicing the work to it’s full potential, or at least they are working with an approach that goes against that. It would be a lot smarter to work with something that is performed to it’s best ability while still fitting into the criteria I wrote out above.

Thankfully, I have found sets of practices that do favor all the above criteria. So my next post in this thread is going to finally get into practice, first highlighting breath. I am starting here because the method I am using comes from William Walker Atkinson’s “Science of Breath”. Most everything in terms of breathing that I did and still do came from that book and my adaptations of the work there. Moreover, if you practiced only the exercises in that book, you would be set with a full-body maintenance system.

Each one of the books I am going to mention here could be stand-alone approaches to body maintenance. I will talk more about how I used them all, but remember that at the end of the day, you should be the one choosing your way of working. Many of these books are good enough that you could functionally turn the exercises in them into magic systems all of their own. So I am going post the titles and authors of the books here, and you will be left to acquire them how you need:

William Walker Atkinson/Yogi Ramacharaka:

Hindu Science of Breath
Hatha Yoga/The Yogi Philosophy of Well-Being

Frank Rudolph Young:

*Yoga For Men Only (Don’t worry, women can do these exercises, too)
Somo-Psychic Power
*Yoga Secrets for Extraordinary Health and Long Life

Dr. Stephen T. Chang:

The Complete System of Self-Healing: Internal Exercises

*I mentioned that I won’t be talking about Yoga, and despite those titles, I will certainly be holding true to that statement. Those books have rarely anything in them that resemble Hindu Yoga as we know it, although the exercises are true to the integrity of fulfilling the principles of Yogic exercise. They just ain’t nothing like Yoga, so I could never really put them in the same category as Surya Namaskar.

Breath:

I decided to go with trying audio here, although I don’t know how to embed on this forum so that people can listen here. If folks know of a place that is compatible with this site, then that would be cool. Otherwise, this link will take you to the recording I made. Here it is:

https://archive.org/details/Breath_201603

I’m not aware of a way to embed audio files, although YouTube is embeddable on here - there should be free software to add an image if you don’t want to appear on it as a video, or point your camera at something suitable/easy-on-the-eye. :slight_smile:

Body Movement:

https://archive.org/details/BodyMovement

The Big 3:

https://archive.org/details/TheBig3

This is the last of the posts talking about body practices that involve using the body itself to engender bodily status conducive to hypnosis. Next will be about diet and practices that are focused on detoxification.

I’m gonna switch back to text, because I feel it is probably more accessible to people in a broad sense. So I will probably redo the sections here that I did in audio, albeit that it will be focused on being a lot more concise.