How to visualize psychic senses?

I recently started a work on the development of my psychic senses, which I will dedicate myself to for a period of one year. In addition to daily meditations for this, I intend to use other forms of magic to help.

I’ve experience with some forms of magic, especially those in GoM books. Most of these systems require viewing a mental picture of the desired outcome, but when it comes to psychic senses, I don’t what to imagine.

I’ve already experienced seconds of clairvoyance and clairaudience, but it was too little to understand how it works and idealize a visualization.

Any tips or ideas on this?

1 Like

A basic technique that a lot of people use to start developing clairvoyance is to imagine a light blue ball inside their forehead, right underneath the center of the brow, and then imagine the feeling and form of energy getting pumped into this ball thereby increasing its density and power. You can also do this with your actual eyeballs.

4 Likes

May I advise you work on one or two senses at a time? There are over five senses (I’m counting them combined i.e. seeing and hearing at once can be referred to as an additional sense) just so you don’t confuse or overwhelm yourself, especially if you reach a point where you don’t feel like you’re making progress.

There are many methods you can use for these endeavors. I personally think a hands on approach is optimal; with hands on practice. Using Clairaudience and Clairvoyance as an example still: if you communicate with any entities in a way that’s natural to you, you will begin to hear and see them more.

Don’t be afraid to build upon what you already know. I sense that some (or most of) the teachings from Gallery of Magic is what you needed as a base (and discerning what you’re more inclined or interested in). Maybe you’ve encountered some entities in that current that will gladly assist you in psychic development.

I wish you prosperity in your efforts!

3 Likes

When visualizing that blue ball, should I visualize myself in third-person view or in first person?

Does it even make a difference which of those I do?

Should I just try both for a specific amount of time to see what works best for me?

As a belated answer to the original question (but also in general, whenever it’s not sure how to imagine success with the “clairs”), one would visualize him/herself seeing images in a quartz ball or obsidian mirror, having Spirits forming in the incense smoke or even appearing out of thin air… This specifically for clairvoyance, but ofc possibly also imagination about hearing entities and talking with them, etc.

Don’t visualize yourself, project the image of the thoughtform out into physical reality. The sensation of the ball should be occurring in your physical body. You may have visuals appear on their own as you’re doing this, that’s fine. If you pay attention to these you may notice some connections that will help you interpret the meaning of other visual phenomena you may experience once you move on to scrying.

2 Likes

How do you project the image of the thoughtform out into physical reality?
Also how can I possibly visualize something inside myself without visualizing myself?

Well technically speaking you’re already visualizing yourself simply by being awake. Pay attention to the sensations (tactile first since it’s usually easiest to work with) that are passively arising in your attention from the physical. Zen meditation deals with this sort of meditation I believe. This sphere of sensation is your target for evoking your active visualization (thoughtform) into. The technique is basically the same as lucid dreaming.

1 Like

Oh so non-visual visualization.
Thanks. I will probably be trying that tonight.