How to use your language?

Hello everyone, in the demons of magic, you need to write an encoded phrase of your desired outcome.

But I’m facing an issue, I’m from Germany and my sentence would have characters (ä) and a few others that are ofc not on the encoding list, I’m fluent English or at least enough to have the intention, but I’m unsure whether I should write it in my language and replace characters like ä with the simple a’s sign, or write it in English?

Does anyone have experience in this?

2 Likes

Good question. I’ve been thinking about my approach to “formal” magic a lot lately.

I suggest doing your best to make a connection between yourself and the practitioner who created the system at use. To learn a new way in the process of spell work has always been a boost to my operations. I made a set of Futhark letters to match my own specific way of speaking English, and it propelled me into self initiation into heathenism. I use elder runes to easily connect with other heathen mages, but I think the initial effort to make the runes personal was just the right thing to do.

My contact with BALG has taught me to appreciate some of the more strict and traditional ways of black magic. I’m used to breaking all the rules and have learned some clever tricks that way, but I probably cause myself a lot of unnecessary grief.

Maybe stick to the tutorial for your first time, then see how you can bend it into your personal methods. I should probably start doing things that way. It might make my life a lot less chaotic.

Sadly there is no such thing as “tutorial” regarding my question on that book. Because it’s simply generalized, but I’m kinda unsure how even English sentence for instance “XY is my fiancée” would look like because that had the é but the book doesn’t.

1 Like

In my opinion, you can use your native language, and just make adjustments in regards to the characters not included in the cipher. As long as you know what it says, the demon will too.

1 Like

“Cipher” is a good word.

By “tutorial” I mean doing it by the book. Remember what Juliette said about kissing though.
“Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it’s okay to go ass to mouth.”

That’s from Clerks2, but it’s basically what Shakespeare was talking about. “What’s in a name?”

Omg, I talk really gross lately. I blame Crowley and Tzeench. Those guys are total pervs😅

When it come to language you have to get the message across not literal translation of words. It’s the meaning that matters. This is coming from principle of translation work in professional field. It’s base on communication. Point is to get the message meaning across. words are just ways to represent images. It don’t matter the different letters in language. We will all process images out of it anyways. What ever words you use, make sure the conclusion image is what you want. If the wording convey your image. your good to go.

2 Likes

So like my sentence would be (äää) then decode the aaa characters, but in loud and in every way imagine and state äää?

1 Like

To be honest, quotes from a movie like this would be my last thought to appear on this forum, but I got the idea, but what does the other one mean, I’ve never heard it before, the Shakespeare one.

1 Like

Oh man.
Shakespeare knows a thing or two about witches. Look here

Romeo:
If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.

Juliet:
Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims’ hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers’ kiss.

Romeo:
Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?

Juliet:
Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.

Romeo:
O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do;
They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.

Juliet:
Saints do not move, though grant for prayers’ sake.

Romeo:
Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take.
Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.

Juliet:
Then have my lips the sin that they have took.

Romeo:
Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged!
Give me my sin again.

Juliet:
You kiss by the book.
:kissing_heart:

You gotta know about Queen Mab.

Yes, that’s it.