How to Throw Witchy Shit Away (lol)

Simple: I’ve been doing candle magick, as well as created a few hoodoo jars and I need to throw some of this shit away.
I’m a closet witch for now (I currently live with someone who is very Christian and would 100% kick me out if they found out my practice), so I pretty much hide all of my spell work.
Some of the spells I’m no longer interested in or worked pretty well and I no longer have a use for them.
I have two candle remainders, I want to keep the wax for sealing, but don’t know what to do with the glass jars! The person I live with is also a hoarder (complete opposite of me, I get depressed when things aren’t clean) which is why I don’t have ample storage space to keep my belongings.
This is probably a baby witch question/concern even though I consider myself more of a teen witch lol but I need help. If you have advice on places to dispose of spell work, how to bless them when disposing, all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!!

3 Likes

I just put everything in my garbage bag unless for some reason I think I should throw it flowing water, then I walk out to the creek behind my building. Most of the time you don’t need to do anything special with it. It’s done/it’s trash.

As far as candle magic goes, hiding it isn’t too hard if you profess to be a candle addict and love the smells and such. Pretty much anyone will buy into that, unless you give some reason not to. I end up with a lot of free candles and shit cuz everyone knows I just love candles, and while most of them come in jars and don’t suit my practice, I do like candles anyway.

5 Likes

It depends entirely on what i am doing. For example, if I am doing a sour jar, I will throw it and all the contents away with the cat litter as a final “may your life turn to the same condition”. You could just dump the contents into a hole in the ground and bury it if you wish, or just throw it out with a “thank you”. As for the jars, if it was not baneful, i will just wash the jar out with some salt water and call it good

3 Likes

You can use the hand gesture demonstrated in this post to de-link & deactivate things: Tutorial : Tool-Free Magick Using Your Hands then just dispose of the elemtns of the spell (glass, paper, etc) either in the recycling, or if it was baneful magick, take no risks and use the trash.

If you still feel weird, wrap anything special in a sheet of clean white kitchen roll or something first. I’m a bit “belt and braces” with this and always de-link and make sure to dispose of it in the way that feels right, even if it seems a bit of a faff.

6 Likes

Kind of related/unrelated, but does anyone have any recommendations on the cheapest places to purchase witchy supplies online?

2 Likes

We try to kind of avoid reviews, for these reasons:

1. due to our rules on advertising, merchants may not join to reply if they feel they have been unfairly criticised, and due to sometimes unrealistic expectations by buyers, that is a strong likelihood if reviews are invited from all and sundry

2. this is a forum for BALG, a business, and hosting reviews of other businesses in the same area is just a tangle of potential misunderstandings about why they would allow this (especially highly critical reviews), or, conversely, whether they are behind praise given, to the extent of accrediting it (seems unlikely but trust me, people’s comprehension isn’t always where we might hope it would be)

3. there are already established sites that allow reviews of magickal goods and services, and that means people are able to share their opinions on neutral territory

4. it opens a temptation to merchants, especially the less honest, to set up shill accounts and fake satisfaction with their own services, increasing moderation workload and risking throwing the forum into disputes over what is or is not advertising.

Sorry, but we could easily get swamped if we start giving wiggle room on reviewing sellers & marketplaces like that, so… :wink:

3 Likes

Being a candle addict has actually helped mask my true reasoning behind my many candles lol
Thank you so much for your comment!!

1 Like

Perfect… thank you for this input!

1 Like

What sites do reviews of magickal goods and services?

1 Like

Thank you for these resources!!

1 Like

I loveee Etsy… Amazon is a good source for like little jars… I’ve seen people buy smudging kits and crystals off of Amazon, but me personally I feel like Amazon’s energy shouldn’t be mixed with cleansing products lol if that makes any sense? So I
Always turn to Etsy. Plus it’s good to support small business <3

2 Likes

Thanks! I have bought some stuff off Etsy. I feel they are rather safe to mention because they are just a provider of everyone else’s services.

1 Like

do a google search on witch supplies and you will see a lot of options. Some with reviews :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of my stuff gets tossed in the trash. I do a quick pass over to neutralize the item and remove my link to it.

There are some exceptions, but they have to do more with honoring the person the item represents. I’ve been working with bones to call back spirits, part of my Pele work. I typically do this with store bought or neighborhood found bones, shells, etc… To shorten this, if they wish to remain, I create a small container for the bones. If they don’t and with to be set free, I release them and bury their remains.

Another (will be) that there’s a specific candle I’ve been using in the environment during my darker workings as of late (all through the Shadownomicon to present). It’s more for faint illumination, but it’s been in the ritual environment during the workings (and lit), so this one, I won’t risk some poor fool finding. I will burn it as low as I can, set the remains in the sunlight and moonlight, and bury it in contaminated soil that will likely not get disturbed. May be overkill, and seem ironic, but I’m not into hurting innocent people.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this comment. Wonderful insight!

1 Like

Wow complex specially in hoodoo. You have to consider what you want to happen. If you want the spell to stop working all toghether bury it near a crossroad or on it or just throw it in the garbage. If you wan the spell to keep attracting things to you as a money or love spell burry it in your yard if possible or in case of money your financial institution. Curses cementary, yard of target, crossroads (dead in the center in this one), burn it or throw it in running water. It depends what you want to happen.

1 Like

witchy store would be it. lol =o) amazon seems to have better prices due to mass market and higher numbers of sales. they can bring price down due to selling more than regular store. To find the most economical? just do a search for prices for what you want. Most likely you’ll find decent prices. internet is easy to price compare these days if you just google it.

2 Likes

Thank you! I primarily practice hoodoo. Thanks💕

I agree… Metaphysical shops are always my best bet (:sunny:

1 Like