How to speak to a potentially dangerous human spirit

Hi, all. Long time no see. I’m going to try to word this as vaguely as possible so it won’t get flagged and provide more details in DM.

I want to contact a recently deceased human being, who died in the midst of recent events. I need to do this to try to understand why it happened.

The thing is, this person might react to me in a really hostile way. I tried reaching out with the help of Bifrons and got no response, when he usually works. Should I use Murmur? Or another spirit?

This might sound foolhardy, but I need someone who was there, someone who was in on it, so I can try to use magic to stop something like that from happening in the near future.

Please get back to me before January 17th. Thanks.

2 Likes

Try a psychopomp Deity, often they hold more weight over things regarding death/the deceased as guides of the dead if a demon or angel, or even a reaper (who often times works for a God of death) doesn’t pull through and may need to be kept in check.

2 Likes

If recently dead then it is possible that it will be harder to get in touch with him/her. Especially if he/she had some serious illness cause this must be cured first. If they don’t know they are dead then it’s even harder cause if they have a strong character then will still be living in his/her house and won’t come to the summoning except if it is in that residence. If he or she didn’t like you before probably won’t be interested in a meeting except if it’s for the good of the beloved persons. Sometimes the dead accept to be guardian spirits of the living.
Another thing is the bloodline in that case you can summon him/her always across all planes of existence. Bifrons, Bune, Hecate, Kerberos can help with that.

1 Like

If this has to do with politics on a national or world level, tread very lightly. I recently took Jason Miller’s advanced St. Cyprian course and he cautions against magic on that level. He gave some examples of covens who really fucked themselves up with a backlash trying to effect world politics.

1 Like

Bime/Bune can help.

2 Likes

yep, well, that’s exactly what happened… I made contact with the ghost through automatic writing, and it was just a lot of swearing at me.
Then one day, my family asked me if I had been dreaming early in the morning. They said I was crying out in fear and yelled “fuck you” at one point. I definitely think that that ghost came back with reinforcements and came at me while unguarded.
Not doing that again anytime soon.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Thankfully it wasn’t worse. One of Jason’s stories mentioned permanent health problems.

I had a similar situation, waking myself and husband scream “fuck you” at something at the end of the bed one night. When I opened my eyes instead of instantly disappearing, it faded away. After that, I got in the habit of wards and calling on guards when doing darker work. A few weeks ago, I woke to an annoyingly bright light to my upper right. When I tried to close my eyes, I realized they were shut. So I said, “Hello!” and it went out. I opened my eyes assuming I’d see a silhouette of my husband coming out of the bathroom but he was asleep in bed. I guess it was a guardian.