How to properly give an offering to a deity?

Hello. My apologies for duplicating the question. But the sort of question pertains to how should it be performed, not necessarily about what should be sacrificed. If I were to provide my deity with fruits and chocolate, or red wine, must I always stain this on the sigil? How do I know when the spirit I called has received this offering and recharged its energy from it? I cannot hear my spirit, but I feel Him. So I am unable to ask whether He has or not. Does it depend on the kind of offering that requires a magician to stain on the sigil?

Again, I’m sorry for duplicating this question. It is hard to sum up all of the questions I have here in one question, hence I ask this question even though I see it already exists in the forum.

1 Like

Making an offering is fairly simple. You just declare it as such.

If you have an altar dedicated to the entity in question, then placing the item there and stating, “I give this cheese in the name of mighty Zeus, in respect and appreciation for all he has done for me,” is generally enough.

If you don’t have a dedicated altar, you can simply make a statement declaring, "I give this freshly made apple crumble to Azazel, in respect and appreciation, " and placing the item on a table away from everything else, and leaving it there for approximately 24 hours so the entity make take energy from it at their leisure, before removing and disposing of it.

It is never required to “stain” a seal with offerings. I generally don’t make offerings in my practice, but when I have, I simply declared the item as belonging to the entity in question, and left it out on a small table that I sometimes use for ritual.

For example, when Belial asked for some of the cider I was drinking, I simply poured him a glass and said, “Here you go.”. When Lilith asked for some wine, I poured it into my chalice, held it up and declared “This wine is offered to beautiful Lilith, in respect and love,” and placed it on my table. When I evoked King Paimon for the first time, I gave him an offering of milk chocolate which I left on my altar after the evocation for him to enjoy.

The only time an offering is usually placed directly on a seal is if it is an offering of blood or semen.

5 Likes

What if you don’t have a sigil or the name of the entity?

2 Likes

Then simply say something like, "I give this offering to the spirit I feel around me. May we get to know each other in respect.’

2 Likes

Thanks, I hope she didn’t wander to far, or if she went home?

You can make the offering and ask for a sign of her presence.

2 Likes

Thank you, I hope she’ll accept my apology

1 Like

If it is sincere and from the heart, I’m sure she will.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Book marked

1 Like