How To Make Offerings

I already have everything planned to make an goethic evocation, but I am in doubt as to how to offer the drink that I bought. Can I just open it, or should I put it in a bowl? If I have to put it in a bowl, what do I do after the ritual is over? Just thrown away the drink from the bowl and the bottle? Or should I leave for a while? Sorry for the silly questions, but I’m new to evocations.

1 Like

Please avail yourself of the search function in the upper right. There are many threads about the making of offerings.

1 Like

I did it, made me more insecure because I found conflicting information, some say to drink the liquid, others say to wait 24 hours and throw in the trash, others say to draw the sigil on earth and throw the drink in it.I’m very confused.

1 Like

Take away from that should be that there are plenty of valid methods. Unless the entity your giving the offering to says otherwise, choose what seems right to you
Personally I prefer leaving the offering on altar overnight and disposing it in the woods the next day

2 Likes

In case of drinking, before that invoke the entity into yourself; otherwise, yes, leave the offering for a certain period.

1 Like

I usually leave the drink for 24hrs. When I summon Duke Sallos I offer him whiskey and tell him that it’s for him to enjoy. Thereafter I respectfully say to him that when I consume the whiskey he is more than welcome to be one with my body and enjoy the drink with me.
That’s the way I choose to do it anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

Do what feels right to you, or just what the entity says during the ritual.

In México, during “Día de Muertos” (Day of the Dead), the altars are filled with fruits, prepared foods (on dishes) or beverages in bottles and cups. They are left on the altar for a couple of days, and when the celebration is over, they are thrown away in the trash or somewhere else, never to be consumed by any living human, of course.

Just follow your instinct.

1 Like

Only drink the liquid if your offering is the sensual experience ie smelling, tasting and savouring, rather than the liquid itself. If the offering is just of the liquid, it should be left on the altar for the spirit to draw from at its leisure for a minimum of 24 hrs.

In disposal of offerings, it is traditional to give it to the elements. Food is buried in the Earth, libations are poured out upon the Earth, with a short prayer of appreciation to the spirit, works of art can be put to the flame, or droped in a river, etc.

However, there is no reason why you couldn’t just throw it in the trash once it has served its purpose. Personally, I simply don’t feel that way of disposal is very respectful, is all.

4 Likes