How To Kill The Ego

[quote=“Gnosis, post:4, topic:6604”]Kill the ego.
It is Death.

Revive the essence of nothingness.
This is Rebirth.

You must die, to live again; The Phoenix rises from the ashes, no?

The essentials of Alchemy are thus: the separation of the Salt/Body from the Sulfur/Soul, to create the essence of Mercury/Spirit; leaving a Pure, essential GodForm.

So, you must kill the old you to become the new you; What are you holding onto?

The Morning Star will never shine on you until you have given way to the night, no?

It could be, simply speculation here… the spirits do not obey because you hold onto the past, a dead thing, and no spirit will help you; because this goes against your Godself/Greater Will to move forward.

Move on, Let it Go, Let the Dawn be born of the Ashes, let the MorningStar shine.[/quote]

How does one manage to kill The Ego? How do you kill your old self? Please elaborate!

I’m splitting this out into its own topic because it’a a big question and might inadvertantly derail M_K’s thread. :slight_smile:

You can read Echart tolle books.Especialy the’’ power of now’’ and ‘‘For a new earth.’’

The second one is dedicated to the ego and it’s functions.These books are pure knowledge and they can help everyone.Here’s one little example about the role of ego in life in general.

INCONTROVERTIBLE PROOF OF IMMORTALITY

Ego comes about through a split in the human psyche in which
identity separates into two parts that we could call “I” and “me” or “me” and
“myself.” Every ego is therefore schizophrenic, to use the world in its
popular meaning of split personality. You live with a mental image of
yourself, a conceptual self that you have a relationship with. Life itself
becomes conceptualized and separated from who you are when you speak of
“my life.” The moment you say or think “my life” and believe in what you
are saying (rather than it just being a linguistic convention), you have entered
the realm of delusion. If there is such a thing as “my life,” it follows that I
and life are two separate things, and so I can also lose my life, my imaginary
treasured possession. Death becomes a seeming reality and a threat. Words
and concepts split life into separate segments that have no reality in
themselves. We could even say that the notion “my life” is the original
delusion of separateness, the source of ego. If I and life are two, if I am
separate from life, then I am separate form all things, all beings, all people.
But how could I be separate from life? What “I” could be there apart from
life, apart from Being? It is utterly impossible. So there is no such thing as
“my life,” and I don’t have a life. I am life. I and life are one. It cannot be
otherwise. So how could I lose my life? How can I lose something that I
don’t have in the first place? How can I lose something that I Am? It is
impossible.

I spent 8 years listening to self hypnosis recordings getting rid of all be rubbish on piece by piece basis (fear of this, fear of that etc).

It hasn’t killed the ego but mine is under control now. Think of your ego as an activated airbag - can you see round it whilst you’re driving or have you partially stuffed it back in the dashboard?

A good inidcation of how healthy you ego is by the amount of times you say me,myself,I on a daily basis. The less you say the more healthy you are.

Personally I need to boost the ego. I’m working on the exact opposite. Expanding my ego to the maximum degree. Why? Because, if you are ego-less too long, you disappear, you are nothing. No one notices you, you are not noticed. You become the wind. Invisible, drifting into nothingness. Only with ego can you establish yourself and build even a measly empire in this cutthroat pirate world. I’m just looking at the wealthy, the rich, few of them are ego-less, in fact I can think of exactly zero. While riches aren’t my main goal w/out such riches my main goal cannot be accomplished. The ego must expand. If you want to kill the ego do the exact opposite and become nothing.

2 Likes

A healthy ego that’s robust enough to handle rejections and setbacks without going to pieces, to retain ambition and self-belief while not over-shadowing everyone else, is surely the aim… initiatory deaths are big in almost all spiritual paths, but they’re always followed by the rebirth into the stronger purified self.

I heard too much about the evil old ego in my white-light days, it didn’t convince me then and won’t now to be honest - funny how people who’d find it obscene to have cosmetic surgery because it’s “messing with nature” were so keen to pare down and strip away a normal healthy part of the self!

the ego really can not be killed. simply because EGO is FUNCTION of experiencing from 1 perspective at the time.

but still, killing ego is a succint way of expressing of what really needs to be done.

EGO is lense of singularity. it’s like a ring which is normaly empty, and serves like a main valve of experience

through ego, the Gods flow.

the problem comes when some of the Gods stuck during the Flow, and they stick around.

without Ego, there would be no experiencing passage of time. so, having a singular experience would not be possible.

so, having an ability to experience the whole of reality bit by bit is blessing of having an Ego.

if you want to experience ego-less state, try the following

1. breathe all of the existance in your heart, breathe it out
  2. speak to yourself that you are dead, and you don’t exist
  3. use this mantra - THERE IS NO SPIRIT IN ME - THERE IS NO GOD IN ME

and sway, enjoy the madness of emptiness, the paradox of being able to affirm something that your Ego fights so hard - the Ego is powerless against the One which is All, The One whose form is so great, oh so infinitely big… that it does not exist.

kill that which cannot be killed. bask inside the Great Paradox. Only you know how it feels, just trust your body.

you will always think. that’s not neceserily the ego. the Voice is yours. and in egoless state, you still retain the Inner Voice.

so, you may talk to yourself freely. beause it is not you who is talking. listen to the talk. but don’t let yourself fantasize. that’s ego moving away from the NOW.

if someone asks “who are you?”

you find that you cannot really tell. why is that? because through Ego, perspectives flow, Gods flow.

killing the Ego means ending Time - entering Eternity. take a big dose of magic mushrooms - in ritual setting with the intention of exploring Eternity.
and have that experience.
take notes.
then try to replicate the experience without using anything, only your INTENTION and ungodly amounts of INTENSITY

and the Ego doesn’t just die quietly. there is fight.

now if i would record myself on camera while attempting to GO INSIDE MYSELF FORCEFULLY, and KILLING THE EGO, you would see me making faces, shivering, yelling randomly, doing unconnected things, moving my body without any intention and order, and i would generaly seem that i’m experiencing a LOT OF PAIN

but i do not feel pain in conventional sense. still, it looks like someone goes through a lot of pain. and i would endure this frenzy of killing the ego for 30 minutes (i’m doing 90 minutes of this now simply to explore my own theory, which is redicilously correct, but still i’m using myself as my own experiment)

after let’s say, 30 minutes of this, sometimes after 5 or 10, i loose my voice… and it becomes something else.

if you take it to the extreme, you may experience the Voice of Satan - the mind of Shiva - the Spirit of The Void - Knowing of Nothigness, The Black Dragon - He who Knows That He Does Not Exist - which creates the Paradoxical experience of Being Not-Being Zero - Not Zero Singularity
WHILE STILL SITTING IN YOUR CHAIR AND BEING ABLE TO COGNIZE YOUR OWN SELF.

really, people… it’s not that hard

it is soooooooooooooooooooo hard, that it’s not hard at all.

like Eric said in one video “you just enter the world of black magick. you just enter it”

I think the best way is to recognize that you are not what you think,but the one who thinks.Just think about this one:

Right now i’m typing in front of ‘‘my’’ computer,knowing that is mine because i bought it and i have it everyday.
If i look with non ego,all i see is my self using a computer and nothing more.It’s mine only in my thoughts.I know it sounds weird but for me it’s an ultimate truth.

[quote=“dron, post:9, topic:6612”]I think the best way is to recognize that you are not what you think,but the one who thinks.Just think about this one:

Right now i’m typing in front of ‘‘my’’ computer,knowing that is mine because i bought it and i have it everyday.
If i look with non ego,all i see is my self using a computer and nothing more.It’s mine only in my thoughts.I know it sounds weird but for me it’s an ultimate truth.[/quote]

YES

NOTHING MEANS ANYTHING

You do not kill the ego. You transform Karma into Golden Dharma. Basically its like having unpolished jewels. The process of polishing and cutting diamonds can be a painful processn in relation to change when used as an allegory.

Want to do something like this? Call upon Belial he will surely help with that. This falls in line with him being known as the Demon of Death and Alternative choices. Because that is literally what he does.

You can remove ego by bringing your presence forth.When you’re present in your body here and now, there’s no room for past and future therefore no room for the ego.

! Yoda Breaks It Down

Most all of the late great Christopher Hyatts works are on free pdf. His “How to undo yourself” is pretty down to earth and power packed.

[quote=“mr_Who515, post:1, topic:6612”][quote=“Gnosis, post:4, topic:6604”]Kill the ego.
It is Death.

Revive the essence of nothingness.
This is Rebirth.

You must die, to live again; The Phoenix rises from the ashes, no?

The essentials of Alchemy are thus: the separation of the Salt/Body from the Sulfur/Soul, to create the essence of Mercury/Spirit; leaving a Pure, essential GodForm.

So, you must kill the old you to become the new you; What are you holding onto?

The Morning Star will never shine on you until you have given way to the night, no?

It could be, simply speculation here… the spirits do not obey because you hold onto the past, a dead thing, and no spirit will help you; because this goes against your Godself/Greater Will to move forward.

Move on, Let it Go, Let the Dawn be born of the Ashes, let the MorningStar shine.[/quote]

How does one manage to kill The Ego? How do you kill your old self? Please elaborate![/quote]

i love Christopher Hyatt so much!!

i did his exercises for a while… and then i connected the dots and started doing all his exercises as a single exercise! i do it all at the same time.

you don’t have to lie on your back (you have to when you’re learning)
and do step1, step2 step3, but you can do

?=!#)?PFOF=FOIDFOHE(F(=U=F#Q=)FU#==FH=#HF
/()&#()/#/#?%?=#)($#=#)=#%(?#/HIUGO#Z)#
)(/#)(/?#OIHOIFO#IJ#=?F)#F=(#=F)(F(#)=?F(#=()F

end when you get to the

ERROR

part, you made it!!

does anybody understand what i said?

Hmm, I feel like ‘ego’ stands for a lot of different things. Ego can also be the primal defense against physical and psychological warfare. Ego is what protects one from being hurt, trampled. If you live among wolves, howl like one correct? Not entirely :slight_smile:

This is THE journey to NOT being helpless. One evolves beyond having to rely only on Ego to protect oneself, beyond just being human. You are taking control of the world around you and events that go on in your life.
You can’t really ‘kill’ ego, I don’t think.

Now what follows is my own subjective opinion and in no way am I projecting it onto others, but - before you try and ‘kill’ it, why not ‘reprogram’ it to fit your needs and desires at the time?

Most of us (and by ‘us’ I mean living creatures on this universe) live their lives seeing a picture from the goggles of our ego. Some move beyond it to realise that we are all looking at the same picture from different vantage points. The fact that I see a play from 4 row, 7th seat from the left and another from second balcony on the right, doesn’t necessarily mean we’re watching completely different plays. It usually means that we see it from exactly that - different vantage points. Therefore - if we put our pictures together, we will eventually for a fuller picture until we develop a complete one. Aaaaaaand then some some of us feel the calling of the path of magick and realise - there is no spoon. :slight_smile:

Someone I’ve met only recently, but managed to come to trust has always told me that ‘soul’ (which I associate with ‘ego’) is simply clever programming. I’ve recently written a letter to the entity I feel most connected with and asked her to scramble the code, to teach me how to read it and write it. We are what we choose to be, and when we choose. We can always mould and shape the ‘code’ to suit our needs, but that means letting go or the ‘Developer software’. Know what you want and trust to be guided to snippets of what you need to put together in order to ascend. To be beyond hacking, beyond viruses, uncontained and unrestricted.
Anyway, not to prattle on - I would suggest you try doing the same, if it feels beneficial to you. Sit down, gather your thoughts and decide what it is you want, then write a letter to an entity you feel you connect with and ask them to erase all of preconceptions, all of the things imprinted into your subconcious mind that prevent you from achieving your God form, seal the letter in blood or whatever other offering you feel is sufficient and burn it.

Everything requires your attention to exist, so you starve the ego of attention. Stop yourself from dwelling on egotistical concerns.

It never really dies though, you’re locked in an eternal struggle with it. You’re always trying to take attention away from the ego, and the ego is always trying to steal it back when you let your guard down.

Progress with the ego is a lot like the game of Snakes and Ladders, and it’s quite easy to find yourself back at the start. After awhile, you just don’t spend so much time wallowing at the bottom before picking up the dice again.

We’re born with a limited amount of attention, the power source for your magical work. The ego is like malware, using up your system’s resources.

I reckon it’s more like your firewall/anti-virus - keeps the ravening egos of every other person from over-writing your own thought processes.

Animals have them (article) and I’m damned sure gods, demons and other spirits do as well.

I honestly don’t get this tendency towards seeing them as problematic, something to “kill” - reminds me of the fashion for ripping out tonsils and is actually pathological in itself IMO…

and it’s not a matter of killing the ego

but

how many times can you kill it.

once? once a day? once every time you remember?

can you sit down and kill it ten times in a row? not allow it to project?

can you do it 50 times? can you do it for an hour? just sitting there… murdering ego. over and over again…

can you?

or you’re just a god damn pussy

at this time i firmly believe that this practice of killing your ego with force and repetition for an extended period of time is more fundamental than meditation

the exerciee more important then meditation!!!

can it be true?

why who can be so bold and arrogant to exclaim such a nonsense!!
nothing is more important then meditation, oh thy deadlift of bodybuilding!!

this killing of the ego is like EXTREME MEDITATION!!

hahahaha

do it