How to increase the potency of your spell work without waiting for the "proper times"

This is something I think I’m getting way too hung up on. I know there is or at least I hope there is a way around it. What happens when you need help now and can’t wait to next new moon, alignment, or astrological whatnot? I know this probably ties into lust for results but still.

What do you guys do?

1 Like

Simply do it. It’s all well and good to want to wait until the perfect conditions, but life doesn’t always work that way.

Do the magick when the need arises. It’s better to act in emergencies than wait until the stars are right.

7 Likes

Sometimes it is good to give it a whole month before doing the spell, but I would recommend no more than that.

Ideally that’s what I would prefer but DK is right I think. Sometimes you just can’t afford to wait. I still worry though about the current moon cycle or planets in the signs when I do it though. Some people claim that it works just fine while others say they notice a difference in there spells. I tend to fall more towards the latter.

That is a very interesting strategy. I didn’t know it was possible to banish planetary energies on the days of there exaltation. Might have to try that at some point in the future.

1 Like

When I first started performing magical rituals many years ago, I wanted everything to be perfect and I was so scared that if I didn’t do everything absolutely flawless then the ritual wouldn’t work. Part of this paranoia was the timing, it just had to accurate or my actions would be in vain. As experience took over and I started to experiment more with the entire routine, I realised that this so called timing was mainly due to tradition and bringing all into alignment so that everything was calibrated to the intention.

However, I have performed successful rituals on a waning moon to gain money and Cursed at times when it was waxing so where does this leave us. You see my friend, we are the source of our magic, and the power is within us, not some spirit, not some routine, and certainly not some special time. We use the just mentioned to connect with our intentions and manipulate events to our liking. Witches honour the lord and lady so they will respect the Sabbats and Moon tides, which is where these ideas originated but we don’t need to as we recognise our true selves more and how the universe works.

The spirit is a mass of energy we control with respect and honour, the rites also bring everything under our control as to act in ritual controls the inner world (our minds), but I have found that the right time to act is now. The day, planetary hour and moon positions don’t seem to be that important when you start to take over your magical space and know that you have control over the proceedings. I do wait until night time as there’s a better atmosphere in darkness but apart from this, I am in control, I am the magician and I use black magic as I see fit and I don’t care where the fucking moon is.

3 Likes