How to draw blood from your own arm?

It’s all in the wrist.

1 Like

I’m definitely a needle man

Blue lids are 25G
Just experimenting right now, I use 3cc syringes with 25g needles 1 inch long

2 Likes

Insulin needles are definitely the easiest way to go, I took blood today from the back of my hand just up from my ring finger knuckle about 1/3 cc today, I was truly amazed at how simple it was.

2 Likes

It’s been a couple days since my last offering
In the beginning I only used one syringe now I use usually 4 1ml 30g syringes, I draw more blood that way for The Greatest Lord Azazel.

1 Like

Are there any other tools for drawing blood? What about a Lancet Device like people with Diabetes use?

Welcome @Sinjo. Please post an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick. It is a rule of this forum.

How experienced are you with this technique? I’ve heard it’s more dangerous to work with needles since you can fuck up your veins.

I have zero experience when it comes to drawing blood. However, Lancet Devices don’t enter the vein, they just prick your finger. I was wondering if there were any other tools like this that I didn’t know about.

Aw, wanted to skip that. I did it tho.

1 Like

Sorry, but skipping the intro is not an option if you want to stick around. We would find you eventually lol

2 Likes

To draw superficial blood, buy a handheld diabetic lancet and some needle refills at the pharmacy. I use the AccuClix pen and refills, they are fucking great. Since i got mine 7 years ago, i have only bought one box of refills. It’ll put you back around $30 and will let you put spots of blood on sigils or whatever have you.

To draw more blood, get butterfly needles and blood collection tubes. That’ll set you back around $125 but you’ll know you can draw lots of blood safely. To draw, put a rubber band around your bicep, flex your fist around 20 times to get blood going in the vein, and put the butterfly needle in, with the tube attached. With the needle in, you can replace tubes and draw as many tubes of blood as you want (caveat: don’t be fucking stupid. you don’t need more than 5 or 6 tubes of blood for ANY magick you do)

If you want to draw more blood than that, find a phlebotomist and let them do the draw for you.

2 Likes

I like this suggestion, but many members on this forum have in fact scolded me for suggesting they should try something like this. Doesn’t this damage your veins? What kind of expertise does one require to do it safely?

1 Like

Professional nurses and doctors do blood draws the way i suggested. Members of this board pull facts out their ass because they want to seem smart online. Guess who i’m going to pattern my answer after?

If you’re worried about collapsing a vein, find a phlebotomist, temp nurse, or a medical student to do the draw for you.

3 Likes

I thought they might have been talking shit, but since I’m not a professional, I guess I didn’t want to argue against better judgement.

Thanks for the information, it’s been great help. If a ritual doesn’t require pain, this would certainly be the most efficient method of blooding.

1 Like

How about not reusing needles and using sterile equipment?

Because to me that seems like a pretty important detail to take into consideration.

2 Likes

Well obviously if people are not able to identify veins, there are risks like puncturing an artery (massive bleeding) or nerves (potential permanent nerve damage).
If the equipment is not fully sterile, or if the person is not aware of how to do it on an aseptic non touch technique, the result is high risk of cellulitis, necrotising fascitis and other nasty stuff.
Obviously that counting with people having common sense and not reusing/sharing needles.

To me, if you are not a professional, stick to sterile single use lancets and wash your hands prior and after pinching your finger.

2 Likes

This seems pretty obvious to me though.

Duly noted, this is good advice.

I don’t think so. Some rituals and currents require more blood than what a lancet can afford you. So I’ll skip this advice.

1 Like

Several lancets, or hiring a phlebotomist.
You have also the traditional ol’cut in the hand. Oh, legs also bleed like hell!

Oh, you would be surprised by the amount of people who do it.

2 Likes

I fucking concur to that

1 Like

Ya’ll are doing this the hard way. :grin:

Just pick your nose really hard and use that blood. :smile:

:point_up_2: :nose: