How to defend yourself, If wrong entities come through?

Okay so this time I actually made SURE to use the search bar 1st before I made a thread on this, I have made threads in the past that were easily solved by the search button I honestly just forget sometimes to use it first…but anyways I couldn’t find a thread on this on but

Im new to evocation still. I can’t see or hear spirits so like what should I do if something comes through that’s not what I want to talk to and that is trying to cause harm to me? Like What techniques can I use to better defend yourself and get them out of my house?

2 Likes

When I evoke an entity I have these other 4 entities who tend to be under me create a “4 corners barrier” kind of thing lol that’s basically meant to keep out any unwanted entities. If said entity that isn’t meant to be there enters they will usually become drained, which then funnels that energy into that very barrier until they leave or well die. The barrier uses my own energy as the focal however and they’re channeling it into a barrier. I also incorporate each entity representing swords, wands, pentacles, and cups.

Others can pretty much do the same with construct servitors if they wanted.

5 Likes

I remember getting a ready from this lady on the phone she told me that my spirit guide said to put 4 clear quartz crystals in the corners of my room, does that some what help?

1 Like

It can, quartz crystals however is usually for cleansing of negative energies if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

My room is actually were I do my rituals. So if I’m Evoking a entity that’s not going to contaminate them right?

1 Like

They are good filters, but they can also be grounded if such a time comes.

1 Like

Gotcha!

Hiya OP! As previously mentioned, calling the four corners of the earth to protect you and filter your magic before engaging in ritual is one of the most widely used defensive options. Other roads you can take include:

• Creation of a talisman to monitor the magic space and attack anything you do not specifically call.
  • Create or purchase a guardian servitor to verify that spirits are who they say they are.
  • Write and charge a contract that states only beings you call by name are invited into your space, lying to you within the space is forbidden and that any being who entered your space agrees to these terms by way of entering into your space, under punishment of immediate destruction. You’d have to make this contract a central component of your space and ideally verbally recite it at the opening of each magical space.
  • Get and charge a lantern to be used in your space as a tool to reveal the truth, and when you want to know the truth, stare at the lit lantern while communicating.

The imagination is the limit! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All right, well, I had this question when I first moved into the LHP. I read some stuff, practiced banishing and whatnot after rituals and any time anything unusual happened that seemed “off”.

I received a “gift” from Belial that wasn’t asked for, but paid off. He sent me a sparing partner. One MUCH better than I was (and still is, in a lot of ways). I’d received a few familiars from him and Leviathan in the past. I noticed I wasn’t given a sort of hint.

The spirit came in with a bang and every time I think I get better, he figures out a way to best what I’ve done. This is outstanding for real-time stuff, but doesn’t cover things such as wards or preventative measures. That will be for a different partner, I imagine.

When you find a Deity you’ve developed a relationship with, as for a guide to help you in this area. Even if it’s in one area instead of the whole, they can give you a “safe” area to practice your skills. Pretty invaluable to me, personally.

3 Likes

The Lemegetonic defenses are fairly standard: -circle and triangle -blasting wand -explicit and comprehensive command of the entity (come swiftly and affably and without delay, in guise neither shocking nor horrific etc etc)

1 Like

So n00b question.:thinking: Where would I find this rite? I already searched and nadda on the forum. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

“Lemegetonic” refers to the Solomonic grimoire tradition, as in the Goetia and it’s fellow books. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh that’s what that means. Gotcha :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very muchly @Qayos :blush:

1 Like