How powerful can a egregore/Tought form can be?

Actually, this topic is just for plain curiosity, tough it can help me in the future.

Well, I know that some people create tought forms just on their emotions, even if they are not aware of it.

And I know that Yaweh, the christian god is one form of a massive egregore.

So, I’m wondering, if one is to create a egregore, what is going to define how much power it will have?

On a side note, since Yaweh is made from the toughs of a bazillion of people, how much power does he have, if any?

1 Like

If you play your cards right, pretty damn powerful

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/chimera-entities-for-sale-%28revised%29]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/chimera-entities-for-sale-(revised)[/url]

Really there isn’t a limit, though the potency kind of depends on what you use to make them/how you do it.

1 Like

For me the state I am in when creation occurs has always been very important (and after that the state in which interaction and “feeding” occurs in).

If I approach such an operation from a mundane human state and do the rest of the interaction in said state the thoughtforms will definitely come into being and have some power but won’t blow my mind or anything. Just like everything in Magick moving into the higher regions of consciousness yields the best results, so that is where I advise you bring yourself when you work or interact with any type of non-human consciousness (or at the very least moving away from the place where your human belief system is most active).

If you are versed in evocation and aren’t opposed to starting a working relationship I’d advise you to evoke a powerful demon that resonates with you and the concept of your thoughtform and ask for aid in the matter. By doing so you automatically bypass part of your blockages in such creation processes and will come away not just with a stronger end-result but also a better grasp of how things work.

It’s power is determined by how much attention it gets. I consider thought forms to be sustained by the attention of the individual, while egregores are sustained by group attention. Any crowdfunded project could be considered an egregore, as the word originally described a group project which took on a life of it’s own.

Santa Clause is an Egregore, and I think he’s at least as powerful as Yaweh. Would be a good fight at least.

It’s power is determined by how much attention it gets. I consider thought forms to be sustained by the attention of the individual, while egregores are sustained by group attention. Any crowdfunded project could be considered an egregore, as the word originally described a group project which took on a life of it’s own.

Santa Clause is an Egregore, and I think he’s at least as powerful as Yaweh. Would be a good fight at least.[/quote]

I would argue that while attention is important it is the quality of said attention that will empower and program your thoughtform, not the amount.

Take Yaweh and Santa for example and look at the respective parties empowering these constructions and how. Yaweh is considered by Christians to be the son of God, having performed many miracles and died for the sins of humanity. Even certain New Age sources channel Yaweh as the Christ consciousness and consider him the spearpoint in the changes the human consciousness will go through (though no longer the literal son of a single God). Santa on the other hand is given attention by families, children and the commerce and is ascociated with the Christmas spirit, family, gifts and sharing and happiness. The problem? For Christians the Yaweh concept is an active one because in their faith he existed on Earth and still does in the Kingdom of God. For those that know Santa he exists as a mascotte, a representation of the festivities of the holiday season and something that allows us to gift our children some magic through. He’s not real in the minds of people, and Yaweh is (at least for Christians).

When you look at the magickal use of these constructions one is fertile and one is useless. The concept Yaweh can be used as a doorway to the kingdom of God. If Yaweh were in an old evocation tome his description would be something like “Call upon Yaweh to attain ascension and enter the kingdom of heaven within thyself. Yaweh can also aid in matters of healing, defense against possession and the relief of disharmony.”.

The average person calling upon the spirit of Santa Claus for any real Magickal working will probably not end up with more than a cozy evening with family and, if one really connects to the mighty Santa, he or she might befall a surprise gift. For real work the thoughtform is powerless not only by design but also by the quality of the “feeding” mankind puts into it.

Some food for thought hopefully :slight_smile:

1 Like