How Much Collateral Damage Is Okay When Cursing?

What about targeting, when cursing, so you just death curse the enemy, any way when cursing your enemy his or her may have loved ones as well, they be still alive burying your enemy, thats okay with me.

1 Like

I agree. I do not actually go the route of the curse much for this reason. If I am going to follow through in such a fashion I take the W.T. Sherman approach of total warfare. In such a case I would not care less if anyone suffered along with the target because (reasons). Or, as Conan the Cimmerian more eloquently puts it:

7 Likes

I also want to add this. There is no profit in revenge… Usually.
It’s pretty easy to get all pissed off and want to hurt somebody, but is it really going to accomplish anything for you or is it a huge waste of your time? Maybe the satisfaction of seeing an enemy suffer can be beneficial to a person. I’m not really sure.

3 Likes

I suppose if you are a psychic vampire like me and find it hard to find a target that you can morally justify (I mean I am grateful to have people who willingly consent without coercion or obligation to a bit of harmless draining, but not everyone is so fortunate), then revenge is a great excuse for draining someone. It both sates your emotional urges and actually fulfills a purpose.

2 Likes

Agreed!

4 Likes

Collateral damage is just that. Get over it! If I curse someone and they die in an horrific car accident I rate that as success. The fact that some of their innocent family died with them doesn’t concern me, only that my victim died. That’s the morality of rhp nation states, so it’s good enough for me.

Shit happens. Just chill! Homo normalis isn’t an endangered species. There’s a lot of them. And here’s the thing – when they die I never feel any intellectual vacuum. Toughen yourself. Vividly imagine your victim’s suffering. Hear them beg through tears and spit for your forgiveness. Smell their blood. Imagine them talking about their family. Keep this up as an exercise until there’s no connexion between you and your victim. Then just go for it!

That said, I don’t go out of my way looking for trouble. I’ve enough to do as it is. But sometimes trouble finds me.

Al.

7 Likes

Ideally, none; but not all curses can be the surgical sniper strike we want it to be. Really the amount of collateral damage acceptable lies on the ethics of the caster and the nature of the “crime”. If your goal is to kill someone or bring financial ruin on someone who has family or kids, then that family is going to suffer at least in some sense.

When I do use curses i try to make the punishment fit, No reason to pull a gun cause someone cut you off in traffic, A lot of things can be let go at the end of the day, Have your momentary burst of anger, yell and be done with it. If a curse needs to be cast, then really you have to see it as taking the nuclear option.

But the nature of magick isn’t always as clean as we would like it to be. While I am lucky that the curses I have done effected only the target, I did have a return to sender spell cause a car accident (a minor one but didn’t expect that), we’re working with subtle energy which is barely understood to begin with, sometimes it takes routes we didn’t think or intent for it to take to effect the target.

2 Likes

Financially, most of them are attached. There’s no avoiding their pain. However, you can minimize what they deal with.[quote=“Verdo, post:9, topic:16083”]
to be fair, those kids are probably going to suffer no matter what laith does. Even if he doesnt directly target his kids, bringing financial ruin to the breadwinner of the house will have a trickle-down effect. So i mean, theres not a whole lot you can do there.
[/quote]

Exactly.[quote=“charles9, post:12, topic:16083, full:true”]
Funny how fast these cursing topics fall into the downward spiral of moral purity. I’m sorry but if you really mean to kill someone with magick then wasting one minute worrying about the victim’s family and friends will all most guarantee it’s going to fail. And if that really bothers some people then don’t do the goddamn curse in the first place
[/quote]

Agreed.

They can’t not be affected. I speak from experience.

So, what will it be? Will you bring the forces of hatred and death to destroy all they hold sacred, along with their children? Or will you spare them and spend your time on another issue?

3 Likes

I probably AM cursed because of my family’s past… I think most perple are to be honest. Ever heard of generational curses? And no. I do not care. Get knowledge and free yourself of the curse or suffer from it. MY actions are not going to stop anyone from not putting shit on anyone else’s family…meaning if I choose not to curse it is not going to change what someone else does. And if someone has done something bad enough to warrant me cursing them? Like try to hurt or take my child away from me? Then NO. I do not care about their damned kids. And honestly. With doing shit like that to others, do you think I specifically, since that is what you are addressing here, a hypothetical situation with me personally. Do you think if someone did something Bad Enough to me to warrant me cursing them, do you honestly think that I would be the ONLY person they hurt like that? So then why should I not stop them and protect the next person they would injure by their actions? Also who is to say that I am the only one to curse them?? Their own actions curse them as do other people’s intentions and workings. I am very very very understanding and patient and tolerant. I do not just curse people. With great power comes great responsibility. But if and when I do feel I must stop someone by using a curse, no, at that point I have used all resources to resolve the situation in other ways and at that point, I do not care about them or their family. And no. Honestly, I do not care that someone cursed my family and it trickled down to me. I broke that shit when I learned enough to, and I APPLAUD the witch who had enough powers and knowledge to be able to do it. I am not a hypocrite nor am I a crybaby. I am a goddess. You and I may have different views on this and that is absolutely FINE by me. You are entitled to your views, to practice the way that resonates with you and helps you sleep at night. I have no problem with you being you. But please do not come to me because I voice differing oppinions, assume taht I do baneful magicks all the time and curse for little to no reason, and please do not assume that I am a hypocrite. I assure you that I am not perfect by any means but I am not weak nor am I a weak spineless hypocrite. I have cursed a handful of times. This was to people who were ACTIVELY attempting ( i use that word because I stopped them) to cause serious harm to me and my family and all other options had been tried and the people would NOT stop by any other means. With that being said, I respect you and I am sorry if what I said offended you. It was said calmly and with respect. But I can not just be called a hypocrite and not respond. Peace.

6 Likes

That is right. It is not about revenge. It is about defense and righting a wrong. Stopping further harm. Revenge is looking back.We must look forward because that is all we can affect with our actions today. I agree completely with you.

4 Likes

The last big spell i did that I could quantify as a curse was to banish all the toxic influences from my life that were holdin me back a few years ago. Had about 12 people just kind of disappear from my life and field of view within 2 months. Didn’t worry about the how they went away then, not worried with the how now.

With that said, the last time i heard about any of these people some were doin good, others really good, and some who tried to basically root themselves in the same area as me at that time went through harder times.

1 Like

All i did with the spell was set the parameters, after that the resistance of those it effected seemed to have determine how rough or smooth things got.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, you didn’t offend me. However, it seems that I have offended you. Pardon me if I’m wrong. But, that wasn’t my intention. And I never accused you of cursing people 24/7, or that you’re, as you put it, a weak spineless hypocrite. I never used the words “weak” or “spineless.”

You have your own views, and I have mine. Let’s just leave it at that, then.

3 Likes

If someone is concerned with the future generations I believe there are ways to minimize the negative consequences.

4 Likes

BadAsses don’t ask stupid questions like this =)

2 Likes

That sounds like an effective spell with no casualties. Care to share?

In the only situation I have ever considered using a curse, to me it is to punish something I find deserving of death. It is a sense of closure to me. To know they can never repeat the crime, and in doing so, knowing I’ll never cross paths with them again. It will be a weight off me.

I guess I’m a bit simplistic on this sort of stuff. I would either do it for completely practical reasons (get someone out of my hair that continues to cause trouble for me) or out of pure hot blooded hatred and revenge.

There is actually someone in the latter category that will never be off my shit list as far as I can see. He’s the only person I can think of that has tried to hurt me simply for the sake of hurting me. I spent many years reaching out to him and trying to be his friend and help him. I keep telling myself that I should just forget about him but I want to watch him suffer.

2 Likes

Also, i’m four shots into a bottle of vodka. I think that may be having an affect my mood tonight. LOL.

3 Likes

I am like that as well. I am level as can be until I get to a certain point of psychological disgust…then I am a force of nature. Like a light switch you can’t flick “off” until the cause of said angst has been crushed to my satisfaction.

4 Likes