How many failed petitions?

Thats actually really interesting. Could you elaborate on what you meant by

As opposed to

?

Certainly. Originally when I turned to a more formal/ritualised petition I used this lovely technique by DarkestKnight:

Tweaked somewhat to personalise it for my own purposes.

Itā€™s probably worth noting as well; after the above petition, another forum member performed a reading for me on its likely outcome, in which I asked if there was anything I could offer the entity as a show of goodwill. The answer was ā€œa simple but heartfelt poemā€, which I wrote, transcribed onto handmade paper, read aloud, signed the entityā€™s seal, then burned along with some of my dried blood. I canā€™t speak as to the ongoing efficacy of writing poems to manifest what I want since I have only done it once, but it was a really powerful experience and I would highly recommend it for anyone whose emotions are really tied up in getting a result. I also refused to read the poem again until the result manifested, which took five days from when I wrote/burned it. But reading it back again after the fact, even though some parts of it are a little sloppy, still felt really powerful; I really poured all my intent into it.

For my more recent petitions I used the petition ritual from Damon Brandā€™s Demons of Magick, which I would recommend (despite my apparent failures so far) because itā€™s written very straightforwardly, and has a lot of useful information about the Goetic demons.

4 Likes

I donā€™t usually like to call anything a failure but the truth is Iā€™ve had 100% failure with love magick so far be it a specific person , someone new, or anything related to love in general!
Itā€™s been a year and half since I started On this path and have had lot of success with other stuff (job, health, money, and less significant day to day stuff) so pretty sure Iā€™m not doing it wrong !

3 Likes

Didnā€™t have too many failures, didnā€™t do many petitions either.

3 petitions failed but it was not because the spirits didnā€™t agree with them or smth, it was my fault.
I tried to change a whole situation and it was basically impossible.

Thatā€™s why itā€™s important to know how to target your magick: donā€™t tell the spirits how to do their job, just tell them the end result that you want.
Also donā€™t try to change a huge situation, go for things that are in the realm of possibility :v:

2 Likes

That makes sense. Would you be willing to share what your petitions were, to give examples of whats impossible?

I stopped doing petitions because I realized I was asking for too many things and only committed to seeing a couple of those things through. Itā€™s not the petition that gives you results but the strength and focus in your intent and you relationship to the spirit. Unless a spirit comes through very strong, I donā€™t feel granting petitions is a priority to them.

Also there is always a cost. Spirits donā€™t need money but they do need an offering of some sort.

1 Like

This is the part I struggle with. Iā€™m in the midst of trying to change a huge situation because I know itā€™s life or death for me. Iā€™m currently trying to destroy someone with black magic as a means to turn a situation around, but I know that as a newbie my chances for success are slim.

Coming to terms with my possible demise has been humbling. I had associated magic with miracles, and that was my mistake.

Although if more experienced people would care to help, I wouldnā€™t turn you away, so PM. :laughing:

Iā€™ve learned that magic can be very humbling, though. We arenā€™t living gods, because gods donā€™t experience limits. Iā€™ve come to see us as mortals who, through magic, have an added tool. However, itā€™s not the most reliable and probably shouldnā€™t be counted on.

Like all tools, the more experienced users will have greater success. Someone who regularly uses a chainsaw will carve a sweet wooden statue, but someone who has never picked one up will wind up with a pile of splintered wood.

3 Likes

Not one failed petition. They are just experiences of your learning. Your just exploring how to do proper magick. Fine tuning your spell casting. THey are just attempts. Just like learning to spin kick. Itā€™s practice. It may not be the perfect spin kick. Itā€™s still a kick. maybe a sloppy 100 tries yet itā€™s still a kick. Same is with magick. It may be sloppy magick yet itā€™s still magick casting.

3 Likes

The first 2 petitions that failed: I wanted a decision to go in my favour. So I asked two spirits to work together and influence a specific person. My mistake was that I did not realise that the decision was going to be made by multiple people, not just one. So even if my target was influenced in my favor, the others did not agree and I lost the chance.
The mistake here was that I told the spirits what to do to fulfill my wish instead of telling the end result.

The 3rd petition: similar to the first 2, I wanted to influence a big decision that would affect way too many people. Some peopleā€™s opinions and wishes went against my own and the magick got weakened. This wish of mine was in the realm of possibility, kinda, but there were way too many people involved.

2 Likes

Oops, wrong author; Gordon Winterfield was the one who wrote Demons of Magick, my mistake.

I also had an update today on one of the ā€œfailedā€ petitions; I didnā€™t get the immediate (three day) turnaround I originally asked for, but something relatively unexpected happened today that was a pretty clear sign that my petition was heard and is likely still in motion in that same sphere of influence, so I am curious to see where that ends up.

I am very interested to see if there is a difference between my freestyle approach to petitions vs. the Demons-of-Magick, Shem-angel-facilitated ritual petition; I have asked for a mix of quantifiable and non-quantifiable outcomes so it may be hard to measure, unless I can learn telepathy (lol) or get information directly from the horseā€™s mouth, so to speak. In general though I am just absolutely in awe of Belial, who keeps surpassing my expectations.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the book I used for my first petition. Unfortunately, I will have no way of knowing whether or not it made it through unless it works, but this update does make me a little more confident. Funnily enough, yesterday, I was thinking of attempting my first invocation, with Belial, and issue a petition to him using the ā€œfreestyleā€ method.
Many thanks for your update.

1 Like

I highly recommend King Belial, I really vibe with his energy and canā€™t stop smiling in his presence. I am not sure if my success with him is because Iā€™ve had something of a link to him for years, or because I offered blood to him straight away (I was squeamish about drawing blood deliberately so I offered the blood from my next random nosebleed, which might occur naturally once a year or lessā€¦ I had a ā€œrandomā€ nosebleed the very next day, about 12 hours after Iā€™d offered it, and dutifully anointed his sigil with it, as promised).

So maybe consider this a sign to go ahead! Good luck with your petition and working with him :blush:

1 Like

In magick as in life you will have failure and successā€¦Thats normal. Just keep learning

1 Like

And sometimes what your petition may manifest after yearsā€¦2014 I did an evocation of Bethor and bune asking them to help me have 2 millions in the next 3 months. They told me that they will grant me that request. For me i assumed that they will be granting it in the next 3 months. I did praise them etcā€¦after 3 months nothing happened and i was so furious. 2018-2019 i made lots of money. So i decided to look into my magical journal which spirits helped me,Then i realised during those 2 years I had a deal to gave me exactly 2 millions and i knew it was from them. It took the time it took but at the end i got it and i was not expecting it. So since then I dont write anything off yet.

Another one, I wanted to date a french model in 2016 and i did all the rituals and apparently it failed. 2018 november,She wrote to me from nowhere and we started to date, Last year she gave birth to our sonThen this year february shit happenedā€¦and we broke up. I come to realise that the notion of time is a bit different from their view. I have many things that happened after a long time.so dont write anything off yet

3 Likes

Youre not wrong honestly. Problem is, time is of the essence for mine, which is why i chose something ā€œeasyā€. Either way though, im keeping faith.
All this does bring up the question though, that if a petition fails, why did it fail? This is probably a massive newbie misconception, but i dont think a spirits efficacy and power is dependant on the petitioner, which makes me wonder whether or not i did everything right.
Time will tell, as always. Your stories do give me hope though, thank you.

1 Like

Contrary to the religious among us, spirits are neither omnipotent nor infallible. Sometimes, they just canā€™t do it.

2 Likes

I suppose that thatā€™s where the practitioner and his ā€œirl skillsā€ would come into play, right?

1 Like

From my own side and view, I always check what i did wrong,my thoughts,my emotions, my psychic self, the timing,the level of my energy,did i really attune with the spirit correctly or it was just my mind playing tricks on me. The Law says Ask and You shall receive, All is mental,everything vibratesā€¦so I examine myself and trust me you will find something ,Once you do you do the ritual again correcting past mistakes.

2 Likes

@moshehmemra i donā€™t think the spirits /demons/ angel universe bother with the concept of time or know of it. THey just put things in place for your request to happen. Depending on current situation, it can be fast. it can be slow. Time is not relevant to them. Thats probably why you got your results later.

Itā€™s like money concept, for some of them they donā€™t understand. They understand emotions and results. Thatā€™s why most magick emphasize emotions and results or the process rather than money amount. Most spells ask what money give you or how you would feel to have such amount. Itā€™s not just requesting the money amount but intention behind that. There has to be motivated purpose or energy behind the money.

2 Likes

yes you are right. So i just do my ritual and use strong emotions to let them know that what i want and i leave it to them. In the rosicrucian order i belong They tell us,you just visualize it perfectly and forget about the time it will come up. So you are right

2 Likes