How does one deal with inescapable self loathing?

did you forget the advice i gave you some time ago? its still relevant i believe, i like to remain secret but for this purpose im reminding you on your thread

1 Like

I don’t remember. But it was important. Can you remind me?

The self does not exist… Be everything and nothing…be spirit…

1 Like

ill pm you, i sent you the pm some time ago

You don’t know what a PDF is?

And were too lazy to Google it?

Now I remember why I never communicate with you.

It is a book you will find helpful. The Science Of Being Great is the title of the book. PDF is a readable file format, a type of e-book.

3 Likes

I did a dumb. I thought you meant something else and PDF was weird internet language I didn’t yet understand. Can you just ignore those messages, when someone deletes messages it indicated they do not want to convey that message.

No probs, try the book. :+1:

1 Like

What does the author mean by God?

Also, do you stand by this?
“WITHOUT faith it is impossible to please God,” and without faith it is impossible for
you to become great. The distinguishing characteristic of all really great men and
women is an unwavering faith. We see this in Lincoln during the dark days of the war;
we see it in Washington at Valley Forge; we see it in Livingstone, the crippled
missionary, threading the mazes of the dark continent, his soul aflame with the
determination to let in the light upon the accursed slave trade, which his soul
abhorred; we see it in Luther, and in Frances Willard, in every man and woman who
has attained a place on the muster roll of the great ones of the world. Faith-not a faith
in one’s self or in one s own powers but faith in principle; in the Something Great
which upholds right, and which may be relied upon to give us the victory in due time.
Without this faith it is not possible for any one to rise to real greatness. The man who
has no faith in principle will always be a small man. Whether you have this faith or not
depends upon your point of view. You must learn to see the world as being produced
by evolution, as a something that is evolving and becoming, not as a finished work.
Millions of years ago God worked with very low and crude forms of life, low and crude,
yet each perfect after its kind. Higher and more complex organisms, animal and
vegetable, appeared through the successive ages; the earth passed through stage
after stage in its unfolding, each stage perfect in itself, and to be succeeded by a
higher one. What I wish you to note is that the so-called “lower organisms” are as
perfect after their kind as the higher ones; that the world in the Eocene period was
perfect for that period; it was perfect, but God’s work was not finished. This is true of
the world today. Physically, socially, and industrially it is all good, and it is all perfect.
It is not complete anywhere or in any part, but so far as the handiwork of God has
gone it is perfect.”

If you hate yourself for a lot of reasons , you should also love yourself for a lot of reasons , for example you are alive and have breath , some have horrible conditions they cannot escape , you should write down 10 things that are good about your life everyday for the next month and eventually it will be a habit , I’d say two months of practice will lead to great steps towards a life time of inner happiness .

You’re just a teenager. You’ll grow out of giving a shit about all that.

Probably some of it but I feel some of it is a bit more “solid”. You know what I’m saying? I would be foolish to write it off.

brings my sky high amount of self hatred to the thread and looks around in confusion hoping to find a freezer that it could be locked in

Thank Lucifer, I’m not the only one!

I feel that some of mine is more solid and hard to get rid of as well. I blame myself a lot for not trusting my intuition in the past and I cause a lot of issues. And my ADHD feels more like a curse than an advantage. I stopped singing even though everyone around me would always tell me I had a beautiful singing voice because I got told a lot to stop talking because I’m annoying. I hear my voice on recordings and I hate it, especially since it’s what people hear when I talk. I can’t stand hearing recordings of my speaking voice, it’s disgusting and annoying.

It’s really bad sometimes, especially my hate for my voice, I sometimes wish that I could have my vocal cords removed by a professional or solely communicate by electronic means.

And before anyone worries, I am psychologically ncapable of being suicidal, I’m too afraid of physical pain anyway.

1 Like

Maxwell, you must own your power again. Keep climbing mountains. Life wasn’t meant to be easy; it’s harsh, lonely, isolating and cruel… but it’s also blissful, joyful, peaceful and beautiful.

I remember all the days in my life just spending time recollecting my identity, thoughts and emotions… all I needed was my own attention, so I could tend to my wounds… I never gotten anywhere with this negative kind of attention I seek unless it lands me in a place of transformation.

Pay attention, don’t seek it. It’ll come a long way, by the end — you will not be burdened by the poor thoughts of your mind. You’re just trying to figure out where you stand in life and what place your in. There’s no self blaming. You do what you can dude.

Dude, Im a good person and still suffer with doubt and hate of self…Some of it is how we were raised and what we were exposed to growing up…although not all. A child isn’t blank, but their brains are always learning from their surroundings. Self hate is internalized abuse…Violence, bullying, depression, and having an unconscious that is open as ur growing to adult hood creates patterns.

An adult scolds a child telling him everytime he can do nothing right. He will wind up in jail or dead. The parent explains none of why they feel this way, (or why the fuck one would be an asshole enough to say such) …Child gets hit, child asks why “because i said so”, never attempting to explain WHY the fucking behaviour bothers them. Why is it wrong? Aint no parent got time for that shit…so the child grows through teenage years questioning why he or she is such a failure. Why arent i happy? Why arent i social? Why arent i successful.

Everything that child was conditioned with and how it was done was wrong…Teenager grows up. Adult hits middle age…Not as bad as childhood, but the anger surfaces, the hate from the ACTIONS of their parents, their peers, and every fucking human piece of shit were internalized as the child developed into an adult. Lashing out, is an attempt to externalize the internal pain.

The self hatred is in the subconscious. It can be coaxed out by telling someone who’s adept at healing and listening, be they paid or not (i certainly do not fit the criteria) one’s story. Exposure therapy. Even if the other person be not a human being.

Right now ur internalizing something. I cant say u were abused or mistreated, and maybe u did something u cant forgive urself for…i dunno. I don’t know u personally, but by pointing out to u that the self hatred is internalizing, that reflex of the subconscious is exposed…I hope this may help a little if at all.

1 Like

Yes, because I’m not colossally cowed by cancel culture and the need to rapidly denounce, in show-trial style, anyone whose ideas and worldview may cause the hard of thinking some diffculty. Ffs.

The author Wattles excelled from the clarity of his own vision, not from books and spoonfed doctrines: he, and the other early Science Of Mind authors, passed on the tools for excellence and for human liberation, despite the dogmatic faiths they were raised in.

Every good thing I have originated in the New Thought ideas that Wattles teaches, and many other early authors. His message is sound, and simply needs to be translated to what you believe about the nature of the universe.

I’ll do a translation from the sheer fucking joy of it:

“WITHOUT faith it is impossible to please God,” and without faith it is impossible for
you to become great.

Faith = belief. Belief is an engine of magick, in the sense of changing reality to comply with Will (not sucking demon dicks and imagining that’s magick).

The distinguishing characteristic of all really great men and
women is an unwavering faith.

Determination and willingness to work to the vision in one’s own mind, not the seeming illusion of failure or loss.

… Faith-not a faith
in one’s self or in one s own powers but faith in principle; in the Something Great
which upholds right, and which may be relied upon to give us the victory in due time.

Faith in hidden forces set into motion when the operator’s mind, heart, conscience and desire all unite to one singular purpose.

Without this faith it is not possible for any one to rise to real greatness. The man who
has no faith in principle will always be a small man. Whether you have this faith or not
depends upon your point of view. You must learn to see the world as being produced
by evolution, as a something that is evolving and becoming, not as a finished work.

Meaning, don’t be discouraged by seeming imperfections, it’s on its way to something greater.

Millions of years ago God worked with very low and crude forms of life, low and crude,
yet each perfect after its kind.

Get triggered by “God” by all means, but some spiritual force existed behind or emanating from early life forms, trilobites, amoeba, the early forms of life before sentience evolved (and we:’re almost certainly not the first sentient race to exist on earth, nor the most evolved, or most complex).

Higher and more complex organisms, animal and
vegetable, appeared through the successive ages; the earth passed through stage
after stage in its unfolding, each stage perfect in itself, and to be succeeded by a
higher one.

Let’s hope we attain heights unsurpassed as a human species, in future. And I sincerely pray in the name of sentience and love that we manage not to fuck it all up.

What I wish you to note is that the so-called “lower organisms” are as
perfect after their kind as the higher ones; that the world in the Eocene period was
perfect for that period; it was perfect, but God’s work was not finished.

All things are coming into being in better ways, but are also perfect in their moment, this links somewhat to the practice of mindfulness even in stressful or difficult moments.

This is true of
the world today. Physically, socially, and industrially it is all good, and it is all perfect.

Everything is being all that it can be, and many tjhings weill improve with time, just like early computers that were the size of a house and needed special environments, and yet your phone probably has more computing power, in it and available to it.

It is not complete anywhere or in any part, but so far as the handiwork of God has
gone it is perfect.”

For “God” the triggered may use any term that describes the underlying cause of reality, life, consciousness, and time’s arrow.

Do I stand by this guy?

Yes – he’s handed his wisdom down through time, earned a place as a mentor, a spiritual ancestror whose deeds I can only strive to reach one small part of.

3 Likes

Easier said than done, but here is what freed me: learning to accept that I am not perfect. I am just another human being, trying to live life. I have my faults, and have made bad calls. Some of those have lead to other people getting hurt, and I have to own that. It is what you do with that awareness the next day that really counts, and it is very difficult to grow if you spend your time hating yourself.

A little shame can be healthy in a honor system, as it shows accountability. But there is always a path to restore what was lost in those systems. Today’s society has lost that and we see the growth of the more vile version of shame, which leads to self loathing. Hell, we dont5even have the honor groups anymore. While we cannot erase the mistakes of the past, we can learn from them to guide us into the future. But you have to let that unhealthy form of shame go.

As for a more magical solution, my Death and Rebirth ritual may be helpful.

3 Likes

Back in march when we communicated via PM, I channeled a message for you, which included healing your wounds and focus on your own path, find yourself again.
Less than one day later you posted in your journal that you’ve got “some important healing done” and the spirit you were working with is satisfied with it.
And now this, I am not surprised.

I’m not gonna write a text about how you’re too hard on yourself and you need to forgive yourself and all that, and you know why.

You’ve got a lot of work to do. Your healing can’t happen in a day.
It’s a process that requires all your attention, not just occasionally when you have nothing else to do.

However, you CAN do it, or even, you have to. Nobody can do it for you.

You don’t need to chase a perfect image of yourself, one you can never reach. Or a perfect image of life, one that will never occur.
Because this:

Is absolutely true.

Also, think about what @Lady_Eva said. Don’t just read it and go like “Yeah probably true.”
Think about it.

Great people are not perfect, nor do they lead a perfect life. Life will always give you hard times.
But great people have a meaningful life. And that’s what makes the difference.

2 Likes

I wasn’t exactly triggered, Eva, I was just at an impasse of belief I didn’t quite get. Self determinism and many many years of me being disgusted at the christian faith is hard to work with when someone says “give your life over to God”. I read further into the book and I agree with him, if there’s a God in that sense he’s most certainly one with everything (but lets be honest they’re probably not a he, more like a they).

You are very wise, Eva, but just because I don’t immediately jive with something and I ask questions doesn’t mean I am suddenly calling people fools, especially not the author.

That’s why I tried to reflect it to you, to see what you thought of it and maybe get some context.

I felt okay at the time, but to be honest, I didn’t hate myself at the time. I suppose right then I didn’t see anything as hard as I looked. I don’t know, is healing a process that ever ends? Thank you, Helena.