How do you do banish your temple before starting a ritual?

Hi, I’m searching a good ritual for banish before I start my practices in the temple?
How do you do banish? can you share with me? thanks

2 Likes

I have used a variety of techniques depending on what kind of ritual I’m doing, including the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, Jason Miller’s Hecate Banishing Ritual, consecrated salt water, and EA’s banishing incantation from his book Kingdoms of Flame.

These days, however, I mostly banish using my own power and occasionally use @Keteriya’s Lwa banishing.

4 Likes

I usualy just spend some time physically and mindfully cleaning my temple space. Trying to be aware of any energy that doesn’t feel like it belongs and gently, or if stubborn, more forcefully guide it away from my space. I usualy include a purification concoction in the cleaning process. Most of the time I smudge the space for good measure afterwards. Most of the time that is enough. Sometimes I find it necesary to build up a huge amount of energy using a black flame excersise or absorbing the sun or even using a meditation technique with the flower of life and agressively release that energy with the intent to burn away anything I do not want in my space until I am empty.

2 Likes

A self created sigil, a witches bowl, a Power mantra.

BANISH?!

:wink:

In all seriousness I was doing the LBRP for awhile.

But then I realized-

“For MINE is the kingdom the power and the glory.”

Then all the pentagrams flipped.

They all became black and smoldering.

The only divine names were the infernal aspects of the good, the true the beautiful and the one (transcendentals don’t vanish in the LHP, they are simply approached from a different aspect), and the demons who approached were before me Lucifer, behind me Lucifuge, at my right hand Flereus and at my left hand Belial. About me flame the pentagrams and within me shines the blackened sun.

So, tip-

Do not approach this as a banishing. This is an invocation. But the idea is that it is an invocation of transmutation. Call on the demonic powers to be present in thy own name as the microcosmic emanation of the macrocosm, as members of thy own body.

They do not “banish” other energies. They transmute all present energies into energy that already matches your vibration so it can be added to the black sun burning in the heart chakra.

Thy heart is an abyss. And into that abyss are cast all the energies that do not align, and in that abyss, they are disintegrated and transformed.

Similarly I was taught by Lucifer (It came to me in meditation while under his inspiration), that in terms of “shielding” imagine that from the heart chakra emanates a black dark light that encompasses the body. When foreign energy meets it, it is violently absorbed and added to it and that filters back to you through the blackness. It can also have the aspect of hiddenness.

We need not banish what we can burn. And we need not hide from what can be evaded. Smoke and flame, invoke to absorb and dominate and reclaim. Recycle the weak energies and add them to the greatness of thy self-

For MINE is the kingdom and the glory and the power. Now and forever, Truly.

2 Likes

So let it be. This is great. Thank you.

I actually just cleanse the whole room, usually using smudging, as and when it needs it, and I have wards set up for the whole house, property and “craft room”, as I call it (see what I did there? :joy: ), that are meant to permanently keep out uninvited energy.

The intention is, that while it’s not 100 percent fix and forget, I want to be specific and notice unwanted presences and deal with them specifically, not generally. I have not had issues with “randoms” since I got my warding techniques sorted a few years ago.

I posted how I smudge here:

More about wards:

My craft room is a dedicated space through, that is only used for magick, and has ongoing projects and open sigils and whatnot that I don’t necessarily want cleared out willy nilly. If this isn’t an issue, or you’re using a living space, then banishing the whole space is what I would do. My circle is an enchanted circle I painted on a bedsheet with acrylics that is a personalized fusion of a few ideas: it draws attention to me, enhances my evocations, and holds elemental balance.

For using the room for a new ritual in circle, while there’s all that energetic activity still happening on the altar and in various places around the room then, what I do is open the circle energetically. I do not banish, I rely on the boundary created by my opening of the circle to move me into a liminal space that is separate from the room an regular reality. Nothing can come into this circle that I do not invite because this is my own little world now.

I have two ways to open a circle depending on what I want. I used to go to drumming circles with a Peruvian Shaman, and to this day I use their technique for opening a safe circle, which is to call in the six directions (4 compass points plus Sky and Earth). Or, I stand the circle to open it, visualising the outside line glowing and just declare it open.

1 Like