How do I rap and sing like my favorite Rapper

OP, protect your dreams from people like this at all cost.
You are the bi product of the 5 ppl you hang around. That includes social media

Talent you have naturally, skill is only developed from HOURS AND HOURS OF WORKING ON YOUR CRAFT. - WISE BLACK MAN

To become good at rap takes dedication. To be great it takes commitment and courage.

1 Like

Thatā€™s called biting bro, itā€™d be like if a world renounced painter traced an entire painting or drawing and then change what it looked like and claimed it to be his.

Since youā€™re underground if it doesnā€™t really matter but It wouldā€™ve been better to create your own flow out of the ones you already had.

The only time biting works is if Youā€™re superior to the flow in which case you improve it.

Like Eminem on Ringer, he uses the triplet Migos flow. And the choppy trap flow.
Eminem and Royce can flow without a beat tho which is why they can shadow box beats and go off beat without sounding horrid.

I agree with this

1 Like

Oh no, Iā€™m the big bad boogyman! Sent from the infernal to destroy thou dreams!

Nah. It was merely some adviceā€¦ the OP admitted to all that he ā€œsuckedā€. I was merely pointing him in a different direction that he may garner some more success that way. He can take it or leave it, at the end of the day, I donā€™t care.

That last statement was interesting. I wonder what Iā€™m the by-product of. I donā€™t even hang out with 5 people lmao, and rarely on social media. :rofl:

No, itā€™s not ā€œbroā€.

It is literally how EVERY musician learns to make music. NOTHING you do creatively is 100% original. It ALL has influences, whether you are consciously aware or not. As youcontinue rapping along, you pick up what you like about all the different deliveries, play arpund with it all and begin to form your own style.

I am NOT encouraging that he straight up copy paste the flows of others to make his own. I am saying that he rap along to learn the general flow of their songs, which differ in flow, so as to get used to flow itself and what feels best to them. At some point they start to get a better feel for what appeals to them and start to form something new based off of their influences. Literally every creator in the history of humanity has done something akin to this. You misunderstand what I was getting at.

If you think anything you ha e ever witnessed creatively in the course of your life is 100% original, you are full of shit. Just because you cannot recognize the influences behind the creation of others does not mean it is not there.

Edit: I was going to make a rebuttal to your bullshit analogies and assertions but why bother? The very premise they are based on is bullshit.

Guitarists learn to play songs by their favourite artists when they start playing guitar. Then they get used to making riffs based off of that. Then they mix the difderenr styles and add new ahit they learn and over time create a unique playstyle as they get used to playing. This is a more appropriate analogy then the retarded one you used. As Phil Anselmo said: If you eant to start an original band, ā€œstealā€ from as many bands as possibke at first and get used to playing like that. Over time you will develop your own style. When a beginner guitarist learns Enter Sandman, Smoke on the Water or amything by Black Sabbath, it is not ā€œbitingā€ it is called ā€œpracticingā€ and when they get the song down, it is called ā€œplayingā€ or ā€œcoveringā€. Your painting analogy does not fit what I was talking about nor does it work in this case. And I do not ā€œbiteā€ styles. I merely take inflyence from them. I only do that by being aquinted with them. You know hiw I got so aquainted with them? By rapping along to them so often because they were stuck in my head. Nobody ever tols me my flow sounded like ANYBODY elseā€™s. When I first started off, my speed was compared to the lujea of Twista (I have aince sloqed down) but my flow was never compared to anybody else. That is because once I started rapping, I was already used to so many different rap songs with so many different flows Iā€™d rapped alog to that I had gotten a taste for what I liked about ALL of them and created a personal flow that incorporated thise elements.

Rapping along with the songs of others to get used to their delivery is no different from learning to play songs of other guitarists/bands on guitar. Are you stealing? No. Youā€™re playing and youā€™re learning. Rapping along to your favorite artists is no different. This does not mean to straight up steal theur style. It means to learn it so you can uae what ypu like about it as influence.

This also works with vocalists. For example: Rob Zombie. CLEAR Alice Cooper influences in his delivery yet he has his own vocal style that is NOT confused with Cooperā€™s. How did he develop that style? In part, by singing along to the stuff he was influenced by, including the likes of Alice Cooper.

Begone boogyman return to that which you came!

Michael Jordan couldnā€™t make his HS JV team!

Oh fs. I thought you were saying copy and paste haha.
Yeah j.cole sounds like Kendrick and em in his first songs!

1 Like

Right. And Em sounds like Nas on his first album. Everyone has influences.

1 Like

NaS isnā€™t my cup o tea.

Whoā€™s on your top 10?

Hereā€™s mine:

1. Eminem ( I Stan)
  2. Andre 3000
  3. Royce Da 5ā€™9
  4. Black Thought
  5. Rakim (your fav MCs fav MC lol)
  6. MF Doom
  7. Murs
  8. Tech N9ne
  9. Kendrick
  10. PAC & Biggieā€™s

Write about what you care about.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a tough one. Lemme thinkā€¦

In no particular order:

Eminem
Kendrick Lamar
Lupe Fiasco (mad underrated. Fuck his old label for burying him)
Method Man
Redman
Busta Rhymes
Pusha T
Inspectah Deck (such an underrated rapper despite being Wu. His verses are pure hip hop straight to the main vain)
Ice Cube (I mean, in NWA alone, he changed the rap game like crazy)
Rakim (since he killed that boring simple 80ā€™s flow and his lyrics are dope af)

But there are SO MANY amazing rappers amd itā€™s tough to decide.

Your list kicks ass btw \m/

Edit: I chose not to include Pac and Biggie btw because then Iā€™d lose 2 spots for some other cool artists to mention. But yeah, Pac, Biggie, Em and Kendrick are like the 4 biggest GOATs in hip hop IMO.

2 Likes

I gotta listen to more Lupe, brotha pops off :joy:

Pusha T goes hard too, ā€œI got the devil flow nigga 666ā€ :joy::100::100:

I donā€™t be trapping so I canā€™t fully appreciate all the jargon and word play they be using.

Em Stan both em I gotta listen to more PM me some tracks you recommend!

Hella he was the first lyricist IMO.

N yeah PAC and Biggieā€™s were so influential I think theyā€™re on everyones list.

2 PAC and Biggie died so we donā€™t have to.

I highly recommend you checkout Royec Da 5ā€™9 The Allegory and the bar exam 4.

Those albums are ridiculous :100:

Since you fw Kendrick and Pusha T you can appreciate Royce.

1 Like

I do apprexiate Royce! I been a fan since GTA3 as a kid LOL

And Iā€™ll get back to you on the Meth and Red shit.

Yeah I donā€™t trap neither, but I can still recognize Push kicks ass!

Thanks for the Royce recommendations man. Iā€™ll totally check em out!

Big Lupe fan, his punk albums are good too (Japanese cartoon is the band) also Atmosphere, thatā€™s some solid fucking jams about life.

1 Like