How do I grow more "powerful" with Goetia demons?

So maybe 2 weeks ago I was talking with Bune. I asked him “how come i haven’t received what ive wanted?” Than he told me that I need to improve my magical abilites to get the best out of evocations and invocations,and that the reason why magick doesnt work for most people is because they need to get more power first. He compared it to weightlifting,saying that I wouldnt try to bench press 250 lbs at the gym my very first day unless I wanted to break my arms,saying that strength is slow and a takes time. So that made me ask him “How do I improve my abilities?” Bune told me one way is to keep summoning demons and new demons when i feel more comfortable,but there are other ways too". What are some ways i can do this?

2 Likes

wouldn’t that be meditations? energy work?
invocations with spirits that enhances abilites.

1 Like

So simple meditations help? And have you done invocations before? Would it be the same as possesion which im sketchy about?

1 Like

I’ve just started doing invocations. I don’t feel a thing but the results are extremely fast is what I can tell you.
I’ve done plenty of evocations and don’t feel anything. I don’t have my senses open so that’s pretty much why I don’t feel anything.

Invocations are the same I don’t feel anything.

Power is subjective. But in this case, I’d say repetition until you’re at the stage when you’re hitting an 80/90 percent success rate. Demons are very willing to exact what you ask of them, but give them something to work with.

In the case of Bime, you can ask for money, riches, financial fame, luxury material items. But give the demon something to work with. Don’t just ask for a 1000 dollars without having any way of it getting to you.

At least, that’s my experience.

5 Likes

So i should keep asking for the same thing over and over again or should i ask for different manifestations too?

Did you feel an energy in your brain when you did an invocation?

1 Like

no like I said I don’t feel a thing. could also be that I don’t do it for long or domething. I don’t know. All I know id that things happen quickly.

Think of it like this. Your life is your world and you are at the centre of it like a Pharaoh or King or Emperor.

Every change that you feel you need in order to be happier, you can summon a demon to do.

It’s like the saying ’ get your house in order’. The house in this case being your life. Evoke every day and ask the demons to bring about change that will be in tune with your true will.

That’s how I see it.

2 Likes

An excellent way would be by gathering and storing energy, Qi Gong, Tai chi

3 Likes

If you ask me I’d tell you that building the right relationships with spirits is the key to growing more powerful. With strong working relationships you empower and exalt yourself.
Having relationships with Goetic spirits is a way of expanding your sphere of influence and your ability to will for and manifest change.

I agree with the other poster about being able to achieve fast results even without clairvoyant abilitites.

2 Likes

Simple meditations help.

Don’t let the word ‘simple’ fool you. Just because it is ‘easy’ or can be described in a few words of sentences doesn’t mean that it has no value. You’re building up to something.

One of the best ways to get more out of your summonings is learning how to meditate on emptiness. Clear your mind and enter a state of non-thought. Such a meditation can be as simple as ‘going down a flight of x number of stairs, counting down until you reach the bottom. When you’re at the bottom, you will focus on nothing.’ Or like ‘concentrating on your breath until you reach a state that you have no thought.’ Simple exercises, but the epitome of easier said than done.

Have a timer with you set to go off in say… 5 mins. 10 mins. 15 mins?

Training in simple meditations will help you be able to focus your mind, sharpen your intuition, and allow you to notice the workings of subtle energy. You will spend less time conjuring your demon of choice, and spend more time aware of their presence. Obtaining that awareness and familiary will gradually help build your clairs and ability to send and receive information.

Or like @Rav said. Start learning about some eastern concepts of chi manipulation. Some people just can’t sit with meditation, but need something more active to distract their monkey mind. The flowing movements of Tai Chi or some active ‘imaginings’ of qi gong schools allow the same distraction, to allow the practitioner to enter the same states as the meditations mentioned above. Spoiler: ‘A lot’ of what they teach seems simple at the surface, but there is a lot of depth the more you allow yourself to ponder.

You’ll find a lot of this, a key is breathwork and learning to breathe.

Take your time. Practice. Have patience with yourself.

4 Likes

Practice. How is up to you. The best advice is to do something every day. For example, you could spend a week using some incense and gazing at a sigil. Or you could perform an evocation every day. If you are wise, you can pair a mundane activity with a magical one. For example, you would read a book on wealth management, and evoke a wealth entity and ask it to assist you.

3 Likes

That’s some sage advice.

1 Like

Lots of good advice here. I’ll add a few other things for consideration and some experiences I’ve had.

I go down the “relationship” path with those I work with regularly. I started with Demonolatry, but have gone my own way since that time. Stating this to help frame the context of the rest.

You don’t necessarily have to have a lot of power to do any of this at all. The simple evocation guide still works for people and if power was a requirement, it wouldn’t work for a lot of the newer people that use it. I do totally agree with Bune saying you should increase yours, but this will happen over time through steady, repeated practice and exercises.

Once your relationships develop, you may find that one or more are willing to fill you with energy to help expand your own. This is more of a favor, though. I’ve had it happen several times, with different Deities/Entities (Hecate and Pele, for example). Why? Because entities like to work with magicians with power (guessing). It also meant that I do work for them, when asked.

Invocation and evocation are important, but this is only another way of practicing. Different way than, say, psychic exercises or qigong, but it’s a mechanism to use the power you have (and will gain). I didn’t do evocation or invocation for the first 20 years of my practice. I still gained “power” doing psychic exercises, qigong, and merging with Natural environments. The important part here is that it is used, whether successful or not.

I view magic as a muscle and muscles need worked to be worth anything. Really doesn’t matter how powerful someone is if it isn’t used. Do things for yourself and others. They don’t have to be your problems to be worth solving. I actively help others on here. Some quite a bit. Not only do I get to do my “good deed”, but I get to exercise and test my abilities. I’d rather help someone else with their problems than to have their problems and have to learn it that way. And I get to grow my abilities through active use.

Finally, I do a lot of things in the background. I listen to Behemoth-X’s Black flame meditation, ritual music, and similar while at work or working outside. Not only does it help counter the daily stress, but I spend time partially meditating when I decide to tune things out for a few. It’s not uncommon for me to spend 2-3 hours a day in my commute, so when I get home, I’m close to the mental ritual zone and don’t have to spend as much time in preparation. And I’m in ritual usually every day. Sometimes several times a day. And this also helps strengthen my abilities (worked up to it).

I know this isn’t the nice, neat response, but I think I hit what came to mind.

4 Likes

Bune is right. It takes time and practice to become better at magick. For example, I used to have this unexplainable pain in my shoulder. I had to do a healing spell over and over until it finally worked and the pain went away.

1 Like

Well, another way is you can ask spirits such as Raziel, Hariel, Phul, or the Demon Vine to improve your magickal power.

2 Likes

Power is subjective. I’d say:

• Keep practicing evocation.
  • Work with spirits whose domain it is to help develop magical abilities like intuition, manipulation, dream interpretation, energy.
  • Work on your mindset. Don’t stagnate. “How come I haven’t received what I wanted?” = doubt, a surefire way to kill your workings. Decide that everything you do is successful, and if you haven’t seen results yet, it is only because the magic is still simmering away in the background.
3 Likes

I… want to disagree with the majority of the replies. Building a relationship with entities and evoking more is a good way to develop your senses and have entities on your side, that have your back for tasking and such but… I think you’re missing the boat if you live in this magical shit to evoke and ask for a favor and give a favor or payment always and everytime.

Dude maybe use those relationships to teach you how to use your own energy and power, but the best way imop is to learn how to use the energy you have already got and direct it at target/goal. The more you use YOUR energy and learn how to draw energy into yourself and THEN DIRECT it- the stronger YOU will become.

All this back and forth with entities, helps them grow stronger, and develops your senses, but you’re still relying on entities at the end of the day- for shit you can learn to do for yourself.

5 Likes

Well initiation is a way to gwt tru power, but syill its a will. Energy and the rgt magick. I see many peopls try to curse and nothing. Maybe switch to other demon or sistem. But i gess its thr rgt demon or magick to gain power, energy.