How could I replace sleep with meditation?

How could I replace sleep with meditation?

By practicing several decades. I’ve only heard of senior monks being able to completely replace sleep. Supplementing sleep with meditation is more doable but it doesn’t really require any special technique. I meditate about an 0.5-1 hour a day and it helps me get by with 4-5 hours of sleep a day. Most of the time.

2 Likes

u can’t. Dont sleep, u die. The brain clears out toxins and free radicals when u sleep.

Of course u wanna bypass sleep to meditate, DO DRUGS…Since not sleeping is gonna kill ya, may as well die stoned…and the meditations will…be …well psychedelic. Dont take this part seriously…

Sleep is heaven, if I had a choice between ability to meditate and poor sleep quality due to sleep disorder, or good sleep quality, but no capacity to meditate, I’d choose the later…I can meditate, but some schmuck who cant meditate and gets normal to good sleep quality will still outlive me, by virtue of the necessity of the physical body to sleep…

My point is, ppl think spiritual is pure denial of the physical form…An escapism, and this will have bad results on the long term…A spiritual high can be a drug, and is substitute for substances, but DONT IGNORE YOUR BODY…In most of us , with the capacity of normal function, the physical form is sacred…dont wreck it.

I have met someone whom was very close to achieving this I believe he had cut his sleep down to 15 minutes a day with 3 five minute naps every right hours and 6 hours of meditation a day. Also he was taking a homemade supplement for toxins and free radicals.

He claimed he could communicate and listen to conversations between inanimate objects. The last I heard from him he narrated a conversation he claimed to have overheard between a pipe fixture, a ceiling fan, and a wooden support beam he also stated he was going to attempt to eliminate sleep entirely over the following weekend. I believe he was sent to a mental hospital the following Monday…

Take from that what you will…

1 Like