How can you 'safely' read a crystal?

So a long time ago when we were doing renovations on our house, we found what looked like a spell jar in the wall but I didn’t figure this out until later. Now, this could be completely unrelated but one of the contractors working on the house was the one who found and tossed the jar. Sometime after that we wanted to hire the same contractor and found out he either got or had cancer and had passed away. I remember reading that if a jar spell was created under malicious intent that breaking the jar or messing with it could be very bad. I know it’s a bit long but that part may be necessary because it proves the previous people at the very least practiced magick and possibly not the good kind.

My main reason for posting this question is because we also found a huge (nearly the size of a guys head) crystal of what appears to be white/milky quartz burried in the backyard and I also recall reading that quartz can have many many uses in magick including storage of spells, entities, and energy in general. Could it be possible that this crystal is no fluke and had something to do with some kind of ritual? Is there a way to safely try to “read” the crystal without exposing myself to something that may be on it? Or missing out on something useful already in it? I know you usually have to have specifically shaped ones that correspond to different functions. I’ve attached a few pictures of the crystal. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Well, considering you have already touched it, if you do not get a “vibe” that suggests magic you are not comfortable with, you are likely okay. But it may be wise to cleanse it anyways and infuse your own energy into it so you can have a free tool of your own

2 Likes

Thank you for the help, I’ll cleanse it soon.

I was thinking of cleansing it and breaking it into more pieces then infusing them separately for different purposes, is this a smart thing to do or would such a large crystal have a better use? It seems to have areas of orange, pink, and maybe smoky crystal on it if that matters.

It is entirely up to you. A majority of Crystal’s sold in shops were once part of larger chunks of rock/crystal so I wouldn’t see any harm in it, especially if you are using it for multiple purposes. Keeping it whole would may be wiser if you want it for one purpose so it can “hold” more power (or at least help you visualize it holding more if you view it as a container of energy of sorts). I’d let your intuition decide once you cleansed it

1 Like