Horse Head : Improvised Oracle/Tarot Spread (Achievement)

Unable to sleep at 4 am, I got the urge to work with my Wildwood Deck and this spread came to me. The Uffington Horse is a prevalent figure in the Wildwood deck, and has come to represent, for me, focus and achievement. I used the shape of its head (which has become a talisman of sorts for me) to structure the layout:

I asked the cards to dictate what each card should represent, and this is what I got:

This is how I’m interpreting it:

• Green Man: The Project/Goal
  • Two of Stones: The Challenge
  • Six of Bows: What to let go/make peace with
  • Green Woman: What nurtures the project/goal
  • Three of Stones: How to approach the project/goal
  • Ten of Arrows: How to communicate about the project/goal
  • The Ancestor: Where to draw strength/resources for the goal/project
  • Four of Arrows: What to avoid

I applied this layout to how succeed in my PhD, and got the following:

• The Project/Goal: King of Bows → an educational matter
  • The Challenge: Eight of Arrows (Struggle) → speaks for itself and, oh, how true it speaks
  • What to let go/make peace with: The Blasted Oak → the shock of the horrors of academia
  • What nurtures the project/goal: Ten of Bows (Responsibility → sigh yes, I get it, thank you
  • How to approach the project/goal: Knight of Stones (Horse) → perseverance, pride, self-sufficiency
  • How to communicate about the project/goal : Nine of Vessels (Generosity) → talk less negatively to myself and others
  • Where to draw strength/resources for the goal/project : Ace of Stones → its up to me to manifest success
  • What to avoid: Two of Vessels (Attraction): avoid romance rn, and I couldn’t agree more

Overall, this turned out to be both on the mark and insightful for me. Some things I knew; others, like how I am setting my self up for failure by talking too negatively about my phd, were revelations. Hopefully some of you can make use of this spread as well.

4 Likes

It looks great
the deck and the spread

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

This looks really good! Might try this one out tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! I hope it works well for you :slight_smile: