Hinduism & Buddhism... Two Great Systems

It astonishes me how obscure Hinduism is to the masses… It’s one of the world’s most powerful mystical system; a see it a lot more than just a religion. It encourages its adepts to develop their third eye and all their psychic senses. Hindus also make use of yantras, mystical talismans that attract certain types of beneficial energies and influences into one’s life and home.

Sri Krisna Yantra:

Mohini’s HOW TO MANIFEST Seminar: ARA KARA Manifesting Meditation Practice (2nd)
Millionaire Yoga Training Part 1 - Millionaire’s Brain & Third Eye Initiation By Dr. Pillai

Buddhism has tons of very varied and diversified branches. It’s said to be nontheistic but there is such thing as Theistic Buddhism. I’ve been practicing Nichiren Buddhism for 9 years already. I now practice independently and yeah… Keeps me cool and grounded.

[url=http://buddha.monijiao.org/amitabha/do-buddhists-believe-in-god/#more-258]Monijiao Buddhism

Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Oh Buddhism is one of the traditions I hold strong appreciation and respect.

The thing about it is that, it should not be seen as a religion but as a way of waking up. “waking up to what?” To your true self, God (I mean THE ULTIMATE GOD).

Just like in Hinduism it is said “Tat Tvam Asi” … “Tho are That!”

That is … Thatata, the experience that gave the Buddha the tittle of Tathagata, the way Sakyamuni called himself.

Anyway, after many centuries the meaning of buddhism was lost an peopl got into the wrong idea of following precepts, but the lineage of Mahakasyapa, he whom the Buddha Sakyamuni considered an equal in realization after the popular “Flower Sermon”, passed the light directly from master to disciple until it reached one of the most holiest man that had walked the earth: Bodhidharma.

The strong savage fellow who traveled from India to China to get the light of the Dharma, because even tho the tradition was long stablished in the land they did not count with enlightened men so the monks were lost in the rutine of following the precepts without never realizing the truth.

From the teachings of Bodhidharma the strong tradition of Chan was born, which looked directy into Dhyana wich is the sanskrit term from which “Chan” is born wich later became the Japanese Zen (both with strong influence of chinese taoism), a teaching taken from China towards the land of Japan in the body and heart of Dogen Zenji who stablished the Soto school of Zen in a small monastery in the prefecture of Echizen.

Dhyana is also a way to call the experience of samadhi which ultimate form is the Nirvikalpa samadhi, with Nir meaning “No, Whitout” and “vikapla” meaning a contraction of time and space (which also means “Concept, Word”). Literally means a state in which there is not time nor space, and/or state without words. With no words, there is no thoughts, and without it there is no “Ego” which is a constant thought of “I, I, I, I, I, I, I…” with humans identify with and believe they’re the words in their head. That is what Buddhims call the “mental illness” of humanity, and Zen, which is a natural human state without thoughts, is the cure. Not something outside you.

The tradition of Zen, as did Chan, took out all the paraphernalia and left only the esencial, which Dogen himself defined with the words “Zen, is Zazen”, which the later term meaning “To Seat”.

To simply sit, no searching for wisdom or ending of ignorance, nor looking for a future in which you’ll be enlightened, not looking to be anywere more than where you’re “be-ing”.

Zen, is a direct way of waking up outside the scriptures, and its true teaching cannot be found anywhere outside you.

Here I leave a video from a guy whose teachings were and will always be relevant, and not just in buddhism but in almost any study about the eastern spiritual system, the difference with the western religions and of course, the searching for the so called “Truth”.

Alan Watts - Eastern and Western Zen - Zen Tales

here is another one:

Alan Watts - Buddhism, Religion Of No Religion - Buddhism as Dialogue

Finally here is a link to many “koans” in the Gateless gate:

[url=http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/glg/]http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/glg/[/url]

1 Like

Other ways of Buddhism also deal with other stuff.

of those traditions an example is the Tibetan tradition which has a lot of shamanic influence and that deals with what we as westerns can call magick or esoteric practices.

Those practices does not lead towards enlightment of yourself nor of other people, because such state can only be achieve by oneself in self realization. But deals with mundae stuff, to get the buddhis practitioner a joyful body, a life of great haapiness, health, longevity, abundance, work (as a Bodhisattva will search for), happy reincarnation.

Along the entities that are called by practitioners you can find the Bodhisattvas, specially Avalokitesvara who is called Chenrezig in Tibet, Guanyin in China and Kanon in Japan. The Lamas, like the Dalai Lama is said to be an emanation of such entity.

another one which is not very recognized is the Bodhisattva of power, called Vajrapani, who represent the power of all Buddhas just like Avalokitesvara represent the Compassion of all Buddhas.

Vajrapani is the patron of Shaolin monks, and is the Demon like guy you find at the doors of many Buddhist temples. in Japan they’re called “Kongorikishi”.

Other entities such as the four Taras, the celestial Buddhas or deities that protects the dharma such as Fudo-Myo are called by practitioners but no entity can grant enlightment, they can only help in mundane affairs or present help in meditation, just like in “western” magick entities cannot give you the state of godhood but to do your will in this world (and other subtle worlds).

Tibetan Buddhism has also a very interesting form of Yoga, is very strict and even painful but those who practice such discipline can learn interesting stuff like Tummo which is the ability to increase the body teperature from the inside. Anyone can learn that technique, I even read about a monastery of franciscan monks that offered refugie to tibetan monks in Argentina and as a way of giving thanks the tibetan monks teached the christian monks the ways of Tummo, which they adapted to their own religious system.

Tummo is the ability which in the past gave you the title of “Repa” which represent both a white cotton tunic and the ability of tummo which was essential in Tibet to practice yoga alone in the caves and not die frozen.

The famous Milarepa was one of those who learned the technique and was able to go and study on his own far from his master Marpa.

Here is a short video about the practice of Tummo.

Tibetan Buddhist Monks Meditation and Science. Tummo meditation.

edit: I have practiced Tibetan Yoga under lamas of the Drikung Kagyu lineage but I stopped the practice when I moved to the north and I never took refugie with the lamas… and I never got into something so advance as tummo, I didn’t practice too much with them anyway and is 33 celcius here (night) so I don’t repent lol.

perhaps if I travel towards the far and snowy north I’ll feel the need of it, but hopefully will learn it before I get stuck in the snow.

Dr Pillai ??? Seriously ?

Greetings,
I wanted to post a little note and say that I read and appreciate your contributions. I have been experiencing an enormous surge of energy lately, at about 03:30 a.m. my time, and at 3:00 p.m. as well. As a consequence, I have been getting a lot done, visiting with other groups that I have been curious about such as the OTO. They’re having a “making ritual weapons” class on Wednesday and I’m looking forward to it.
In the meantime I got to thinking about Vedic and Tantric texts. I found a very long and sometimes cheesy video about it. The “bollywood” like parts are actually traditional hindu dances representing the elements. The information is basically sound, although his pronunciation is sometimes off.
It got me to thinking about Karma Chakme’s Mountain dharma, in which the character elaborates upon his life as a meditator, and later expounds a little about Tibetan mystical sciences like geomancy, divination, and curse breaking. It is difficult to get the lamas to expound upon these with laypeople, and often treat the subjects as if they were just amusing anecdotes. And then, incidentally, a practicing priestess contacted me. I thought that she had forgotten about me, but she had just been busy. It was some sort of synchronicity that she happened to mention how powerful Tibetan magick is and that it not something in her general area of practice. She deals mostly with western magick because that’s what most people call her about for help. She mentioned that it seems to have powers just as strong as genuine Jewish magick, or ancient Egyptian systems; and in some cases more so. She didn’t know what I had been thinking about lately, and I didn’t bother her with it.
So, tomorrow, I am to meet with some Cambodians. My nail tech of all people started to suss me out about plants and such, and I told him that I would help if he would educate me about Cambodian spirituality and magick. Maybe I’ll get to find out what all these strange little charms and texts are about. I did notice that while translating a letter to his grandfather on google that Khmer writing looks very much like some angelic script. Curious, I am anxious to know more…
Good luck and keep up the good work!
[url=http://erikwdavis.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/cambodian-curses-black-magic-and-protest/]Private Site

[url=http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/408902.Karma_Chakme_s_Mountain_Dharma]http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/408902.Karma_Chakme_s_Mountain_Dharma[/url]
Documentary on ancient Vedic systems
[url=http://youtu.be/AUav8ZETiFQ]- YouTube

Musings on the Gnostic Mass:
[url=http://youtu.be/Uvgmh9QNRrU]http://youtu.be/Uvgmh9QNRrU[/url]

thats a cool ass oportunity there KK, hope you post some results when you can.

Yes, seriously! He’s just as knowledgeable as EA Koetting, only he specializes in Hinduism and Vedic Mysticism:

Hreem: High Self Esteem: Hreem Sound Mantra Part 2 - Meditate on Hreem Mantra For High Self-Esteem

Hreem ( ह्रीॅं ) as sole Mantra is the most powerful to reach state of absolute. It can be considered on par with Aum ( ॐ ). In equivalent terms, Hreem is accepted as the Tantric Pranava or the Tantric Aum. In its sole form, the syllable Hreem itself represents Shuddha Sakti.
http://www.hreem.in/powermantra/powermantra.html