Here are some potentially powerful gods/devils you can work with!

I’ve never seen an egregore do the same thing either. My definition of egregore is different, by the way.

Could you please explain? (the one word reply wasn’t meant to be disrespectful. i just wanted to reply quickly)

Mental construct created by a person which can be interacted with by the person, and others if they know how to “tap into it.”

Isn’t that the standard definition?

Not quite. Usually when you say egregore, to many people it implies that it became an independent entity. I don’t believe that.

Interesting. If you haven’t been able to tell I am a strong believer in independent Spirits. Both because I find it hard to explain my experience as being simply my own mental constructs, and also because that seems to be the view that the Spirits I work with espouse themselves if the fact that the book I was working from had a warning stating that approaching them with that attitude (that they are manifestations of your mind) would seriously displease them is any indication.

3 Likes

This is my opinion, but I think many mages have problems with particular entities because they don’t realize that the entity is of mental origin. That’s not to say you shouldn’t treat it respectfully. You should, as it’s, in a way, a part of you. Why wouldn’t you respect something that’s a part of you or connected to you? However, if a person goes around worrying if they’ll anger a particular entity or something of that sort, they’ll just become a prisoner of their own mind. Almost literally.

I don’t view entities as independent. Even Azazel told this to E.A Koetting, albeit indirectly. Basically Azazel said that he comes to exist when called upon, but before that, he didn’t. Each moment you consider Azazel, he is brought to existence. Therefore, his existence is dependent on the person(s) considering him.

Suppose everyone on this planet forgot about Azazel, I very much doubt he would act independently, as in go to some person and say, “I am Azazel.” Or try to get people’s attention. He wouldn’t exist.

1 Like

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree until any of us can come up with further proof. Without further evidence this will just turn into another continuous theoretical argument with no conclusion.

2 Likes

Interesting. Maybe I should try not treating my egregores like slaves/not abuse them, and I might get better results. It’s seriously never occured to me to treat my egregores as anything other than slaves.

3 Likes

Definitely. Respect and the right attitude are crucial, I’d say. I treat even ‘the lowest ranking’ demons, and ‘the lowest ranking’ entities (servitors, thoughtforms, etc) with respect. I may not believe that they’re literal spirits, but when interacting with them, I show appreciation, respect, and gratefulness for their help.

I would always treat even the “lowest ranking” demons and entities with respect, but that’s because I consider them real entities and therefore deserving of respect. It’s just that I’ve always considered egregores nothing more than tools. I’ve cast spells with imagined, definitely not real, beings where I threatened them (essentially “make this happen or else”) not that I actually think that egregores will perform any better under threat, but that kind of shows the attitude I’ve had towards them. I will make sure to keep your advice in mind from now on though.

2 Likes

What amazes me me is how much theoretical physics falls in line with what these spirits have been saying., i.e.
Schrödinger’s cat.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s true.Especially Azazel, he not only goes into detail on the topic, but also shows you mindblowing things.

I would steer clear of these. If your looking for Gods of Sacrifice, I would find a High Priest Psychopath alot more scary and powerful whom does real sacrifice than soon Fictional Toon Character. Even if it was a fictional psychopath, it would be more powerful due to the fact that it is more scary by being realistic. If you are going to Evoke Fictional Beings, you have to take how they connect to Real Physical Reality, otherwise they lose alot of power.