Herbal Lore

Ahh cool, that is an ambitious project but hey, good luck!

1 Like

THIS LOOKS AMAZEBALLS

Sorry for the capslock, that herb garden is too cool.

2 Likes

https://draxe.com/hyssop/

Good ward for evil eye and protect the spirit of the dead when planted on the grave.

2 Likes

Hyssop is great. You raise an extremely good point, too. If you see plants in a graveyard while wildcrafting, I always suggested leaving certain ones alone. They are there for a reason. Hyssop is one of them,unless you have permission.

Hyssop can also be used as a water smudge, bundled with rosemary and lavender. Dip the bundle in some blessed water and use the wet plant wand to spread the water all around using a similar projective technique as a smudge clearing. There is a Christian sect that uses this technique regularly, but I can’t remember which, specifically. Greek Orthodox, maybe? Either way, it works well, especially on the outside of a home.

3 Likes

Thanks, I have it growing in my yard but haven’t used it for magick purposes as of yet. Maybe I will. Tastes great in tea, out-flavors the mint hands down, much stronger! I love it. :joy: :yum:
Oh I wonder is the Quakers do stuff like this for smudge clearing?

1 Like

This is a follow up on the skullcap from earlier in this season. See what I mean when I say the plant is virulent? This bush started with 2 small mother plants last year. Now I have more skullcap than I could use in a whole year, and it is going to double in area next spring, lol.

Look at those nice, pretty bell shaped flowers. This is how they look at full bloom, so if growing for medicinal purposes, you are going to want them to look like this at the time of harvest for optimal strength.

1 Like

Wow. Nice! :star_struck::herb:

Skullcap is great as a tea for sleeping. Harvest and store it.

Al.

2 Likes

Don’t have it growing in my yard, but I do have hyssop, apple mint, lavender, thyme, and broad leaf sage! It’s near as good as white sage for any purpose, not as sagey as white sage but pretty good. Having trouble growing white sage dunno maybe due to the drought we are having in our area. Bummer man. I’ll have to get some skullcap seeds or is it better if I buy a whole plant…?

Coltsfoot. Clears chest congestion like nothing else. I smoke it but can be used as a tea. Available as dry herb.

Al.

2 Likes

Vervain works well.

1 Like

If you still struggle with anxiety I would definitely advice to check your magnesium levels…I find this list of herbs which contain it the most: Foods highest in Magnesium in Spices and Herbs I’ve seen you like weed…using it regularly can cause anxiety…traditional chinese medicine said that it lower the energy of kidney meridian which can lead to this feeling…but if you do not care…maybe instead of smoking use it trough digestive system

1 Like