Help ya dorky girl try to reconnect with her dorky romantic interest (include embarrassing texts!)

I’ve got my heart set on this guy. We had a few dates back in the fall, but then covid ramped up and he kinda retreated because our current location is completely out of control with cases. I don’t get these feelings often, it’s hard for me to really like someone, so the fact that I connected with him makes me really think there’s something there. I know I’m not entitled to him, but because of how our last significant text exchange went (transcribed below), I feel like there’s a possibility that something could really be there.

I need to know 1. If this is the type of situation that I can swing using magic? Is there enough to work with here? And 2. What would be the most effective recommended approach if I can somehow encourage him to reach out to me or pursue a relationship with me?

here’s where we left things in Oct (I’ll just type out our text convo, feel weird posting pics):

Me: Hey, I’m a straight shootin’ typa gal. I enjoyed spending time with you, I’d be way down to do it again. Let me know if you feel otherwise.
Me: Wow, not sure why I went full Jessie from Toy Story there.

Him: Howdy (eh? EH?) I enjoyed spending time with you too, and I find myself very frustratingly of two minds. On the one hand, I’d for sure like to spend more time together and on the other, between a few recent covid scares happening to people in my orbit and the ever present stressful feeling of weirdly having everything up in the air at a constant low summer, I’m somewhat feeling like I might not be in as much of a good head space to date as I initially thought.

Me: Okay, that’s a bummer. Thanks for letting me know.
Me: If at some other point in time the world stops ending and you’re feeling it - let me know.

Him: Definitely.

Me: Or like if that’s just not your jam, you can be straightforward. I appreciate that in people.
Me: Sorry, I didn’t mean to put you in a weird situation by being too direct.

Him: No, you’re advocating for yourself, which I appreciate in people too. I meant what I said, I don’t want to bring a version of myself that’s less than great to the party, nor do I want to make you wait for me to figure my stuff out. I think I’ve already done that a bit, which is shitty of me so I apologize. But if I get to a place where I feel like I’m more confidently grounded and not wigged out to see even people I know are being serious about the virus, I’d certainly like to hang out again. You’re fuckin cool, and I want to feel worth your time before taking it up.

Me: Well, I also find you cool and have for a minute. I hope I hear from you.

And that’s it. That’s about the extent of most of our contact, outside of some social media stuff, since Oct. I would love to hear thoughts and recommendations. Or if you think this is hopeless, please tell me that, too. I’m just a nervous dork trying to manifest her ideal dorky counterpart.

Hey, I think any situation can be changed with magick, the degree of difficulty can make the results manifest in ways we don’t expect sometimes. Here I think you have a great chance at working on this with magick. He seems receptive to you.

2 Likes

Okay, cool. I’ve tried some simple workings here but I am not sure if they’ve been effective. I recently did a ritual to Sallos, but I’m still waiting on results.

I’ve attempted a few other approaches that will require repeat attempts.

Do you have any other recommendations for spells or demons? Considering Dantalion next.

He’s a great option for changing minds. There’s a plethora of rituals you could do. Just figure out the best one for your situation.

1 Like

Your story here made me giggle because I could really feel the hesitance and giddiness coming through. I honestly felt quite a strong case of “the nerves” even before reading that you actually did feel nervous lol, so I’d like to give you a kudos first for being able to keep a calm and direct conversation with him so far. Now on to your questions:

Yes. Though honestly, I think you could reconnect with your romantic interest in an entirely mundane manner if you play your cards right. As the previous comment has said, he does seem quite receptive to you, even wanting to be in a place wherein he doesn’t “want to bring a version of himself that’s less than great to the party” + apology afterwards. That, to me anyway, speaks not only of self-awareness on his part, but also a form of respect towards you.

There are plenty of spirits you could search about in the forum for this one. Sallos immediately came to mind upon seeing your question at first, but reading further about how you are already working with him, I’d suggest to patiently wait on that. But since it’s your working, and only you can tell if you’ve waited too long but still zero results, do go ahead and try Dantalion. Though I’ve never worked with him, I did read lots of success stories both here and in other forums regarding mental/emotional influence/manipulation.

There are also plenty of mental/emotional manipulations tips, techniques and spells posted in the forum which you can do by yourself, one example being this recent topic:

I tried typing the word “emotions” on the Search function just now and so many other threads popped up as results about influencing someone emotionally. You could also try doing divination and ask what approach would best fit this situation, or maybe even ask about his thoughts and feelings towards you to further help in choosing which approach you’d use.

As for mundane things, have you tried perhaps “upping” your opportunities to communicate with him? I understand that you are nervous (my palms are still sweaty as I type this lol), but why not try simple but thoughtful forms of communicating, such as liking + commenting on his post (especially the ones which seem meaningful/important to him), messaging him about either how the holidays have been for him or polite greetings/convo starters (all that cliché but effective stuff) and even just sharing funny memes which you know he could relate to or you could both laugh together at? I’m not a fan of little talks myself, but honestly, it IS useful when done right (you know, make that segue into a deeper convo). Not to mention you seem to have a good headstart to this already based on the interaction you shared.

You could also try sending “de-stressing” stuff to him, whether it be words of encouragement or inspiring/chill posts, videos, etc. as he seems to have also mentioned not feeling that good lately. Providing a bit of help here and there for him when he’s down in the dumps could be another way to connect with him further, but of course, don’t forget to set proper boundaries while doing so. Magick could be used here as well: you could manipulate and influence his thoughts/emotions in order to gradually relieve the stress and ungrounded-ness he may be experiencing, therefore allowing him to be more open and receptive to your romantic advances.

Best of luck, OP! Do feel free to update us about this. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Haniel.

In the words of @Norski:

Full post here

While I’m at it, check out this other write-up he did:

There’s a ritual for Haniel in Magickal Seduction (?) by the Gallery of Magick, and there may also be one in Archangels of Magick.

1 Like

Hagith, the Olympic Spirit of Venus, can also change a person’s mind. And he’s related to Venus, so there’s that energy. So he can also attract and increase love in others.

2 Likes

Haniel increases passion in love according to Archangels of Magick, so if love is there then you could call on him. Otherwise, if you’re going to work with Archangels of Magick, perhaps Uriel may be more appropriate in this case. Of course, that’s up to you to decide, you will know what is best. But does seem like he has feelings already. Just note that this kind of magick tends to enhance the emotions you put in, so you may find yourself becoming quite obsessed as well.

1 Like

i’m juust gonna drop in to say fuck yeah jessie from toy story, rock on partner. loved that set of movies when i was a wee lad.

also you’re on the right track. Good for you! Just keep at it (magick)!

1 Like

Magickal seduction Damon Brand works very quick even when you don’t want it to.Happy Magick

1 Like

I downloaded Magickal Seduction which has rituals that include Haniel.

My concern is that as his main reason for backing off is the virus and as the virus is very, very out of control in my area still, I am concerned that what made him intially back off still isn’t resolved. Would Haniel at least make him open to talking to me/reach out to me to keep something going?

I want to respect his wishes to not expose himself to any danger, but I’d also like to see him open up to possibility of us going forward when things are more resolved.

Ritual two in Magickal Seduction calls on Haniel and the genius spirits Sisera and Jazar to turn attraction into deep love.

There’s a similar ritual in New Avatar Power using Haniel, under the alias Anael.

In that case I would recommend Dantalion, or perhaps Orias, to influence him to make a decision in favour of moving forward with you.

2 Likes

By “download” I meant “bought a digital copy off Amazon”. I wouldn’t pirate a gallery of magick book! Just to clear up any confusion.

If I were you i would do the suitable ritual from the book forget covid it is surplus to the magical plot let the magic decide in the uk apparently 400 people have died of covid between the age of 18 and 60 and that even includes all the ones they lied about in the beginning to make it sound worse than it was
so a very small risk
If you are meant to be with this person the magick will find a way to loosen him up and more importantly make it happen but they will be able to do that without you mentally scuppering it before you start with thoughts of covid do the rituals as per the book Forget doing the rituals afterwards and wait They are a lot better than us at organising these things.and sometimes the results are astonishing Happy magick

he’s hinting that he’s going through a bunch of BS situations with covid and don’t want to drag you into it which is compassion on his part. There’s not much to do if covid is stressing him out and putting him in bad situation. he have to deal with all that before even thinking of relationships. Survival first.

offering my support, if one direction doesn’t work, you must take another. IT wont always be obvious

1 Like