Help with Soul Travel/Astral Projection

Hi everyone,

I’m coming along well with evocation and divination is following suit since they do overlap quite nicely. So I feel now would be a good time to address my weakest area, soul travel. This is by far the hardest power for me to accomplish and it is the one I’ve had most trouble doing successfully. I’ve come close many times, experiencing typical things that others have experienced on this forum, but I don’t really feel like I’ve had a success out of body experience.
So, would anyone be so kind as to give me some excersizes or tips on good methods for leaving the physical body? Transferring my conciousness to my light body etc. This is the area I’m weakest at, so I want to try and fix that.

1 Like

Try remote viewing. You’re moving consciousness outside of your physical body to gather details, I’d say that counts as astral travel. It’s pretty easy as well.

Go into the experience realizing that you astral project every night when you sleep.

I was told a few years ago that astral projection is ‘sleeping wide awake.’ I stick to that definition. When you practice astral projection, you’re observing your mind and soul separating as you approach a sleep state. That happens to you automatically every time you sleep.

If you’ve ever had a dream, you’ve astral projected. If you’ve ever had a daydream, you’ve remote viewed. They are the same. You’ve been doing that all your life, you’re just doing it while awake now.

Can’t give you Soul Travel examples, i don’t have the course and don’t know what’s in it, but let me simplify the process for you right now.

Lie on your back. Now balance something on either your forehead or over your solar plexus.

With one arm, move that object around on your body a bit.

Now take it off of you and put it somewhere else.

THAT is what you are doing with your thoughts or emotions. Instead of an object, you are moving your mind (thoughts or emotions) from your body’s mental centers to a point outside of you. And instead of something on you and taking it off, you’re moving something in you and taking it out. You’re dissociating.

Dissociation is a hypnotic phenomena. A good hypnotist can induce astral projection in about 15 minutes by inducting your state, then by using hypnotic deepeners to move your thoughts (or emotions) from their location and out of your body for a mental (or emotional) dissociation.

If bad comes to worse, hire a decent hypnotist to do that for you.

Go into the experience realizing that you astral project every night when you sleep.

I was told a few years ago that astral projection is ‘sleeping wide awake.’ I stick to that definition. When you practice astral projection, you’re observing your mind and soul separating as you approach a sleep state. That happens to you automatically every time you sleep.

If you’ve ever had a dream, you’ve astral projected. If you’ve ever had a daydream, you’ve remote viewed. They are the same. You’ve been doing that all your life, you’re just doing it while awake now.

Can’t give you Soul Travel examples, i don’t have the course and don’t know what’s in it, but let me simplify the process for you right now.

Lie on your back. Now balance something on either your forehead or over your solar plexus.

With one arm, move that object around on your body a bit.

Now take it off of you and put it somewhere else.

THAT is what you are doing with your thoughts or emotions. Instead of an object, you are moving your mind (thoughts or emotions) from your body’s mental centers to a point outside of you. And instead of something on you and taking it off, you’re moving something in you and taking it out. You’re dissociating.

Dissociation is a hypnotic phenomena. A good hypnotist can induce astral projection in about 15 minutes by inducting your state, then by using hypnotic deepeners to move your thoughts (or emotions) from their location and out of your body for a mental (or emotional) dissociation.

If bad comes to worse, hire a decent hypnotist to do that for you.[/quote]

I’ve had a fair amount of success with soul travel since I posted this topic, courtesy of Lady Eva and shamanistic journeying :wink: one of the key facts for me is that when I think I’m travelling I am consciously aware of my body (I still feel physically trapped per say) but when I wake up/stop receiving images, I have no memory of what my body was doing for the past half hour or however long I’ve been travelling.
The issue for me now is solidifying the experience, as much as I hate to admit it I still feel a “this is just me visualising images rather than actual soul travel”. For example, I attempted to project to a spirit’s realm I had been working with recently, and saw a old Egyptian-style temple covered in vines and in ruins. However I still felt like I was in my body.

A better example would be the world tree in SJ. I’ve grown accustomed to visualising it now, and can travel to both the upper and lower worlds. However I can’t shake the feeling of “I’m probably just seeing what I WANT to see” as in, I’m not actually soul travelling I’m just visualising something that I’ve seen/heard of before. The upper world for example, after climbing the WT I see myself climbing through an attic-like door and appearing in a mostly blue/indigo colored world. When I met an Ascended master there, it had no form, it was just a mass of light and it’s voice was coming out of the atmosphere. But is this appearance the actual appearance of the AM, or is just my brain putting an image together because my personal way of looking at entities like that is that they have no form comparable to humans, and the classic look/feel of guides or ascended masters is a formless mass of light -I blame the New Age movement for that brainwashing lol

So to answer the OP, It can go two ways. Either I am indeed travelling to these places and the experience just isn’t what I imagined it to be like, or I’m just visualising them and thinking I’m travelling while actually still being in my body…

Plot twist: Does it matter which if you’re getting the job done?

It sounds to me like you want to project your physical body into astral realms. Is that really going to help you get further? Why not work with what you have now?

What exactly is the difference between visiting something astrally vs. seeing it from within? Soul projection, mental projection, remote viewing, does it matter? As long as you get the job done, does it make a difference?

Maybe you don’t need to make the vision any more solid. Maybe you just need to work with what you have now.

Just a thought

[quote=“the magician, post:5, topic:7943”]Plot twist: Does it matter which if you’re getting the job done?

It sounds to me like you want to project your physical body into astral realms. Is that really going to help you get further? Why not work with what you have now?

What exactly is the difference between visiting something astrally vs. seeing it from within? Soul projection, mental projection, remote viewing, does it matter? As long as you get the job done, does it make a difference?

Maybe you don’t need to make the vision any more solid. Maybe you just need to work with what you have now.

Just a thought[/quote]

That’s a great point, and there’s certainly nothing “wrong” with the way I’m working with it now. As you say, it works and one way or another I’m receiving images. The idea of physical projection is just the next step for me, if I’ve learned anything from spirits and soul travel it’s that I am capable of doing it, it’s just a matter of pushing my limits. For me it’s also a block I want to overcome, so as you say, it’s not an issue, but it’s just something I want to overcome.

When you think back to these things, do they feel like real memories?

If they do, that’s usually the sign that you’re doing this correctly. Like I said in the tut, don’t expect this to be spectacular, it’s not like in the movies when someone enters a dream or holodeck and it’s exactly like ordinary life.

But it IS effective, persist and have faith in yourself, and keep working.

1 Like

Its all actually just Projection. Even when you put magick out there. Im not the biggest fan of projection, because it puts me into a super drowsy state where I literally ZONK out…why? Because most of my energetic Essence leaves my body along with my awareness and is projected out there. I can feel it after coming back. So I occassionaly take time to do everyday Normal Things like take a walk in nature…eat a good heavy meal to ground me…etc.

I did the black sun excersise last night, keeping in mind that EA said it can trigger OBEs. I think it’s pretty safe to say I had a solid experience, mainly, because I felt physical emotions and physically reacted to what I was seeing. For me, the black sun was on the edge of the abyss, and staring into it gave me feelings of despair and fear, both of which I felt physically. This experience deserves a post all of its own, but I came back into contact with Bael, who helped me in this experience. The entities in my travel -the ones I remember playing an important part at least, were: Bael, Belial, Azazel and Paimon.
I may post on this later, but it got very real when I realised I could stop receiving images. Sounds nuts but believe me, when I stared into the abyss and felt terror (note the word terror, “fear” is to kind for what I felt), I wanted to stop travelling and go back to my body, but no matter how hard I visualised or tried I physically couldn’t go back until the experience was over.
I experienced what I think has been dubbed Astral whiplash, when my time inside the abyss/black sun (not clear which one I was in) was done, Bael quite literally pulled me out and landed me back in my room. I woke up with the biggest fucking jolt that I hurt my stomach.
So on one hand, if you want solid experiences do the black sun excersise, but on the other hand, it’s pretty clear you don’t fuck with the black sun, the black sun fucks with you lol

Funny I was awake all night last night thinking about the Black Sun. Well, in my past I was taking a German Class and I was evoking a certain astral force, it being so powerful it caused my german teachers stomach muscles to knot up and she had to go to the hospital for a while. All unintentional or course, but it sought her out for some reason… ane she was a christia so maybe thats why…being a christian she resisted that is and it hurt…I believe it was Belial of the Black sun I had called…that was just one of my weird experiences back then effecting others…

Strangley, Belial wasn’t the most prominent force in my experience, he was just kinda there to make sure everything ran smoothly. Bael did most of the work, including pushing me forward when I wanted to run away lol. I remember Bael saying something interesting just before the process began actually, this whole experience took place in a desert -I believe someone posted about seeing a grey desert here before, it was kinda like that, but my body was lying down (head to the west) and I was looking over it. I asked Bael if we were in his realm (since he was the first one to appear) and he just looked at me with this smug grin on his face and said “no were in yours”.

14/88 Belial, The Dragon King of The Blacksun. Fyi, nothing to do with Nazi’s as is usually associated with those numbers, but rather my own personal signature based off last nights meditations it is more a spiritual thing. But I could see why you’ think it would be frightening.

Edit to add:

The Blacksun in my meditations my understandings grasped it as a Portal to another world. Belial is a sort of Gate Keeper.

[quote=“Biosynth, post:12, topic:7943”]14/88 Belial, The Dragon King of The Blacksun. Fyi, nothing to do with Nazi’s as is usually associated with those numbers, but rather my own personal signature based off last nights meditations it is more a spiritual thing. But I could see why you’ think it would be frightening.

Edit to add:

The Blacksun in my meditations my understandings grasped it as a Portal to another world. Belial is a sort of Gate Keeper.[/quote]

Yeah I definitely second that, that’s the whole vibe I got from it. For me, it acted sort of as the gateway to the abyss, or at least the edge of it. Perhaps Belial was there to act as the gatekeeper as you said, that’s an interesting thought.

I’ve seen links between Bael and the Black Sun, nothing worthy of a long essay post but the two have often been linked, Belial as well though as mentioned in more of a gatekeeper manner.

All the demons can teach you about the Black Sun. Keep in mind that the agenda or JOB of each demon is different here on earth although they all cross at some point. Meaning that which they teach about the Black Sun may be very different on some points…as with anything else. The reason I talk about Belial alot amongst other things is because I enjoy what he teaches me.

Start off by keeping a dream journal. The more you remember your dreams and can recall them like memories, the easier it will be to become aware in them and leave your body.

For me the sensations of the body get reoriented with my new astral perspective. When the Gama waves kick in is when I receive, see, hear spirit. In between waves I am aware of the physical body from time to time. If you feel you are back in the body, just keep visualising the last thing you were looking at. Your consciousness will shift back there.shifting back and forth is useful in evocation. Remember, your imagination is not just yours. When you use it you are opening up to universal Imagination. Spirit communicates to you through it.your imagination is a very real thing. While you are imagining that you are at the park, for example, if you relax and focus on one object after another there by keeping your mind quite, as you drop into tgs, Gama waves will kick in. You will perceive this as something you didn’t create, something will surprise you. That’s input from spirit. Hope some of this helps.

2 Likes

@Lady_Eva But then if leaving the body is not like entering a dream or Full Dive VR,

if your entire consciousness and awareness does not leave the body going into the other planes,

If it feels like just something you are actively visualizing/imagining,…
Then how can anyone know when or if it’s real?

How can anyone know when they really are Soul Traveling and when they are just doing normal not so supernatural visualization?

I know this is an old post and I’m bringing it back from the online grave… but I really want to successfully travel outside my body even though I barely ever did any meditation and only casted a few petition spells at best.

I don’t even know where or how to begin.
I’m hoping I don’t need to meditate or anything similar because I can’t seem to even begin doing that for half a nanosecond and that’s not even much of an exaggeration.

Lady Eva left the forum but I can suggest an idea of mine, such as beginning with remote viewing then move towards astral projection and/or Soul Travel. To prove yourself the reality of the experience, check a room first astrally and then physically: probably there is some area which you don’t remember exactly and that’s ideal for an experiment.
If you have trouble with meditation, try a few solutions… One may be japa: try to countinously repeat (with your mind and/or voice) a mantra, for example “Om namah Shivaya” or “Om mani padme hum”.

2 Likes

It can do, this is the beginner level… but as you get more practicesd at it you do start to get full “bilocation”. It can be so real that if you get injured, when you come back to your body you find your body is also injured even though it wasn’t apported there at the time: your mind makes it real. This has happened to remove viewers who visit historical battles, they come back with injuries and approorted blood that isn’t their own on their clothes and such.

CRV practioners try NOT To do this, as part of the point of thier work is to report back, and when you’re doing this you lose awareness of your body and stop talking or writing.

You have to start being very careful what you look at at this level of skill, and what methods like Controlled Remote Viewing (CRV) do to mitigate this, is not go to the actual eveny but go to a copy of the event in the astral. Takes some of the teeth out of it and also make it less likely you will be seen/senses by the people there. Because if you’re really there they will see you.

Also at this level it can be very emotionally traumatising depending on what you’re doing, so be careful what you wish for.

Look up “Michael Raduga seminar” on youtube. He’s talking about lucid dreaming, but it’s the same thing and his techniques are very effective. You do this right before or after sleep so you don’t have to deliberately induce brainwave states, you’re already there when you start.

Otherwise as @fapa79 said, learn remote viewing as which doesn’t need trance and approaches it from a place of training the subconscious to talk to you a different way. There are multiple kinds of remote viewing, I prefer CRV myself, which has a clear structure that appeals to my analytical mind.

3 Likes