Help with moving out!

Hi friends! Let me know if this is posted under the wrong discussion or if other people have talked about it before, but my best friend is moving across the water in a few months for university, and i’d love to gift her a few things for protection, happiness, exam success, anxiety relief, etc.

Spell jars, sigils, just anything cute and crafted would be great! Any ideas or advice? Thanks!

If you are going for cute, a herb sachet with calming and protective herbs like chamomile, lavender, and rose could be nice. There is a YouTube channel full of recipes for gifts (salves, bread, candles) like this:

Lipbalm is easy to make, and is travel friendly. You could through in some magical oils- just be safe and smart about it.

Amulets can be made from air clay or carved into slices of wood and enchanted; candles can be spelled; so can small pieces of clothing (a scarf or hat , etc). You can see sigils into clothes, or into small plushies/poppets stuffed with protective and calming herbs. Perhaps in the shape of a protective animal, like a dog or bear. This channel can help too:

You could incorporate images/symbols from protective and travel-focused entities such as Hermes or the planetary intelligence of Jupiter. Maybe a deity on this list will resonate:

https://djaunter.com/travel-gods-deities/

Finally, you can bless any and all items with protection and calming spells.

1 Like

thank you so much! i think some kitchen witchery and some herb bags will definitely come in handy, i assume i can take them on flights? I’m scared of them pulling me over for them and asking what they are Lol.

I have brought graveyard dirt, magical oils, etc. in check in baggage. You would have to check the requirements of the airline to be sure. Bones/remains cannot be casually brought across many country’s borders. Even soil samples or anything that can be considered an agricultural product can be a risk. Be extra careful with carryon items. Check the airline’s policy.

thank you so much!

1 Like