Help with major backfire?

I’ve used a version of the “layered love spell” calling on Sallos, Dantalion, and Belial to help me win the heart of someone that I’m in love with. He is not interested in anything serious with me and my intent was to change his mind and have him commit to me finally.

It had been a few weeks since the spell, and growing impatient with no movement whatsoever, I cried out that I need movement NOW, otherwise I was done with this path for good and was going to accept the we were not meant to be. Interestingly enough, we ran into each other that weekend, and spent two nights together. He told me things that shocked me, such as him starting to have terrible nightmares the last few nights, and him experiencing “paranormal” activity in his house. SURELY the spell has been taking effect.

But last night we got into an argument. He made it clear that he has no intent of being in a relationship with me. I was absolutely devastated and super emotional, and in a haste I changed my number. My intent was to stop worrying about him not responding and to keep myself from blowing his phone up and pushing him further away. He does know where I live, so I assumed that if he really wanted to talk he could come do it in person, but that’s very unlike him.

This seems like a major backfire and I don’t see any way to salvage the situation. I’ve cried out to them to please, just fix this mess, but I’m feeling very in the dumps about everything and I’m not sure if it’s even possible for the spell to work at this point. Does anyone have any advice? Should I try to fix this in some way, or just let go and let things run its course in the chance that everything is going to work out the way that I intend? Has anyone had a major “upset” that made you think all was doomed, just for things to turn back around? I apologize for being so long-winded.

3 Likes

Some things require multiple workings. “There is no rest for The Wicked.”

7 Likes

It could simply be the chaos that precedes success. Sometimes the result we seek requires a shake up before manifestation. For example, when doing prosperity magick, sometimes you might end up losing your job, so that the flow of prosperity can begin with no obstacles, as EA did after his pact with Azazel.

I advise having a divination done by a neutral party so your own emotions don’t cloud the reading.

5 Likes

It sounds like you were on the verge of a breakthrough and in your haste you halted things. Threatening to quit the path is laughable to a spirit- they don’t rely on our allegiance or friendship.

Love work is always problematic to me, and you can take this with a grain of salt but Queen Beleth is one of my mentors and she’s taught me quite a bit about the topic and feelings in general.

Now you say you met and had two days together. I don’t know what transpired those two days but that’s where you needed to put in some extra hustle. Not to mention working at it the entire time on a spiritual level. There are two parts to any work: spirit work and mundane. I don’t care what you see in a movie you don’t just barter a demon to make all your dreams come true for a glass of whiskey and a small child. It doesn’t work like that. Even those that get CLOSE to what they wanted will verify it wasn’t exactly what they hoped for and they paid an awful big price. Some are still in debt.

Queen Beleth knows all about feelings and has shown me how WE create our own demise in love. We don’t say what we feel, we think too much, we operate out of expectation or fear and we sabotage ourselves. I’m not implying YOU did this - I don’t know. But even if you did everything 100% right by this person, HE still is sabotaging his own self. Technically, and I believe this is why love gets so complicated, everyone loses at some point. This is why love work is so tedious and IMO not worth it. By the time you get close to where you want to be your feelings will likely have changed.

To rectify the situation I would let sleeping dogs lie as far as the other party goes. But I would also apologize to spirits for your haste and thank them for their assistance.

-X

8 Likes

I appreciate the tough love. I definitely struggle with the mundane aspect of spellwork. Once I see a little movement I get too excited and forget that there is still work to be done. I think self love and acceptance is what I need the most right now.

1 Like

Do you have any suggestions for online readers?

It’s very important in order to break the cycle. If you don’t love yourself you’re going to project that onto someone else and on and on. Take some time to work on you and be open to what you feel you deserve.

I went through my own thing awhile back and it built up over the course of a few weeks until it peaked. I couldn’t have been slapped in the face any harder than when Lucifer asked me “ Is this what I would want for you?” I couldn’t run from that.

Once you really see how valuable and important you are you won’t be looking to do spellwork on someone. You’ll be open and receptive to receiving the love you desire and deserve.

Now you can choose to do spell work and do what you have to and I can’t blame you for the fact it’s satisfying to see your own Magick work. However you go about it is your decision. But for how you feel right now in this very moment, thoughts racing, can’t sleep, anxiety stricken? Forget the words exchanged and observe only his actions. Digest that. You might discover you feel very different about it.

Good luck :heart:
-X

2 Likes

King of long-winded here. I think the spell you are referring to I did as well. Have been off here for a long time. In the time I have been away from here I found out the person I wanted got married before I started on here, I don’t seem to be able to keep in contact with anyone by their choice (no response, new number etc.) nothing is even starting now with trying to find someone new. Someone else I cared about deeply has now cut off contact (trying again with ex husband). I have come to the conclusion that what I did is working, it’s just stripping everything away first so I see what I truly want and don’t have anything in the way. Because ultimately there’s no point if when it happens for you that you turn around in 6 months and realise it’s not what you truly want.

What I forgot to say was - it helps you work out do you really want THIS person or do you want someone who makes you feel the same way this person does but who wants you?

I’ve always been clingy and the pursuer in these situations. Maybe I’m supposed to grow a backbone and let him or someone else pursue me for once. I wish you nothing but success with your workings, heartache can be so brutal. Wouldn’t wish it on anyone

3 Likes

I know this has been about me getting rid of everything I don’t need in my life. I don’t get any text messages from anyone now, no messages on the single app I have left which I am about to delete. Basically my life has been stripped of everything and everyone I didn’t need and is almost ready to be rebuilt. I know now that what I wanted really wasn’t so much her as someone who made me feel the way she did and I could talk to the way I used to talk to her.

1 Like

Have come to believe that when you truly give up on something is when it finds you. Case in point is almost 7 years ago I had given up on almost everything and was just existing, no dating apps, nothing, and I ended up having the most intense love from someone I have ever felt that year. If you look you can never find but if you concentrate on yourself it will find you.

1 Like

This will be an unpopular answer why try and make someone love you? Even if you’re successful in your spell to make them love you they do not their mind was manipulated. I would be thinking of that, if my wife asked for a divorce which relationships have ups and downs and there was a few point I thought it was over. But it didn’t cross my mind to call upon entities to change her mind. I want her to live her life I love her sure it would suck to lose her but if she is meant to be with someone else I wish the best and take my pain. If you truly love something you will let it go.

2 Likes

I disagree. Why do any magic then? With that same thought you could argue that anything you gain from magic is “fake” and manipulated.

3 Likes

Yeah I can see that, I understand using your power. I am newer so I have not manipulated minds or casted spells to change minds.

But back on topic spells can take time we don’t have mich control hang in there and trust the process.

I appreciate it

1 Like

I feel like for me it may be about putting up barriers so that only the worthy and genuine can get through. I’m far too open and giving at times and I rarely receive the same treatment in return. I need to learn to demand respect from people before I gjve them my all.

If this ain’t the truth. Had I been willing to fight an uphill battle and run myself into the ground a few dozen more times I may have won over my most recent interest but it just wasn’t worth it, all to get with some walking shell of a person with no empathy, and a half wit intelligence.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. This back and forth with him has done nothing but leave me depressed and without any self esteem. A worthy person wouldn’t go out of their way to hurt me in this way, I’m finally seeing. I hope those night terrors treat him well.

2 Likes

It’s true when we’re “in it” and are dedicated it’s easy to extend ourselves and overlook quite a bit. I’m not saying everything should be easy or it would probably lack spark. But if someone doesn’t know without a shadow of a doubt they want you - it’s a no. Period. People know what and who they want.

1 Like