Hello BALG FOLK

Hello BALG folk – I made this intro in the long Introduce Yourself thread, but then just looked at the rule again about posting a new post so here it is! I’m from Boston. I’m in my mid 50s. I’ve been lurking here for quite awhile. I found BALG while looking for a more newbie friendly magick forum as the first forum I found was Studio Arcanis after I discovered The Miracle of New Avatar Power. That’s a great forum, but not as active as this one and this one covers a lot more ground, I think.

I’ve always been interested in the occult and the nuns had to have a conference with my parents about my “unhealthy interest in witches” :rofl I practiced Wicca many (many, many) years ago, but it never really felt like a great fit so I stopped. I’m pretty well versed in various New Thought authors such as Ernest Holmes, Neville Goddard, Florence Scovel Shinn and Catherine Ponder and NAP’s testimonials reminded me a lot of that style of writing. I bought the new reprint, but I tracked down the original hardcover for a good price too so I’m glad to have that! I’ve been using NAP for about a year or so and have had really excellent success with it. I’m interested in other forms of magical practice as well. Right now I have some of the pathworking books such as LHD. I’m interested in the Angels of Omnipotence book, but haven’t practiced with it yet. I keep seeing references to a book club for that book, but have not seen a link to it when searching so if anyone wants to hook me up that would be great.

My main three goals at the moment – developing a daily practice, reading Books I - IV of Agrippa (have the new Black Letter Press translations which are so much easier to read!), trying to figure out if this pathworking style in LHD and Tempest books will work for me. I have not had much success with LHD, but I feel like I need to dig into my desired results a bit more. I find I am less successful when I have mixed feelings about what I want my results to be. I am mostly performing work aimed at workplace goals, i.e. getting rid of assholes, etc. :slight_smile:

Also, I should mention – I have not read any of EA KOETTING’s books yet, but I have watched several of his youtube videos. If you have a preferred book of his to start with, let me know!

Anywhere, here’s my cats :slight_smile: :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Welcome @Embitca

2 Likes

Such cute kitties!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you, DarkestKnight! While in lurk mode I have been using your angelic mantras. They are wonderful. Thanks for them! :slight_smile: :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you! The grey one is Hugo and the black one is Salem. They are brothers!

1 Like

Hello there @Embitca, welcome to the forum :wave:t5:. I love the kitties, I’m this close to getting one again. I had a few in the past and miss having one.

1 Like

Nice intro. Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Hi, love your cats! Welcome to the forum. I’m new here myself, joined a couple days ago. This BALG forum is amazing and full of helpful people unlike a lot of other forums I stumbled across. Love your intro, looking forward to hopefully talking with you more on posts!

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome everyone! @QueenMustang you should definitely get another kitty or two :slight_smile:

Welcome! 51/M MI here. GD style ceremonial magic is my thing. Cute kitties!!

2 Likes

Welcome @Embitca :wave:

1 Like