Hekate

This would require privacy and space, but there is another way. Get some parchment paper and draw out her sigil when you can be alone. Her enn is this: Innana Hekate Ayers, on YouTube you can find the demonic enns and think there’s one for her. If you could at least get a black candle and some Hekate oil, it would help. Also some dragons blood incense is fine. Light incense and candle, get on YouTube and go to demonic enns to Hekates enn and let it play. Close your eyes and repeat the enn while holding her sigil. Meditate and invite her. If and when you sense she is with you, very respectfully ask for her guidance, and wait a few moments. Tell her you have a question, and wait a few more moments. Keep repeating the enn. Then politely ask your question. Ask that you may receive your answer in a dream, or in some obvious way. Continue with the chant, and you will know when it’s time to stop. Then thank her for her guidance and tell her, dark mother you always know best. I await your true answer. Thank-you. *This may very well be all you need to do at this time. Whatever her answer is, it will be correct, sometimes it’s not the answer we want, but it’s always correct. Blessings, and now is an excellent time to do any ritual with her.

7 Likes

Hekate is a 2nd generation Deity, meaning she’s a Titan Goddess of magick, the crossroads, witchcraft, among other things. She is something of an elder to the Olympians Gods, and descendents of the Greek Primordial Gods.

7 Likes

Thank you so much I’ll have to buy this stuff when I’m out this Friday and I drew her Sigil last night but Again thank you

1 Like

Thank you for the information

1 Like

I’ll look at them now thank you

1 Like

You are welcome. Working with her can be a rewarding experience. She is a great teacher. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m reading comments about Hecate and masks. It is my understanding that a single Spirit may choose to wear a variety of masks in different cultures and is not limited to Simply one. I’m of the belief that unless they are an egregore they pre-exist the culture which reveals them as a certain deity.

3 Likes

That’s something I didn’t know thank you for that so a spirit has more the one mask

1 Like

True, but often times you’ll find a lot of false masks given to demons and deities. As not all masks are “well known” masks.

All I am saying is that there are spirits that wear more than one mask as they have introduced themselves to more than one culture (for example). I believe that the spirit that wears the mask of Hecate is one such spirit.

1 Like

Hekate is a goddess of great power, mystery, and a fabulous matron. Ive chosen to worship her, because she chose to come to me when i needed my faith in magic and the divine restored, and she has led me to - and taught me many things. She takes great care of her daughters - she sets the pace you need, but she pushes you beyond your comfort.

In my study and devotion, I do not know her as a mask, and i would never approach her as one. Mind you, she doesnt care what you or i think of her, though. you can think shes a mask or whatever. Hekate doesnt need temples, a mass religion, or even to be acknowledged as her own entity. she is supremely confident in her power and existence beyond what we in our existence say, so approach her as a mask or not, it doesnt matter to her, and while i cant speak from experience (since i do not), i dont think it would impede her from coming to you.

2 Likes

My perspective might be different from many in the forum
but I would recommend you to contact her trough her image
if you really want to understand her energy at a human level (the best way we can as humans) then you need to see her in a human form
that is one of the main things of the hellenic wisdom.

to explain how this work I give you this example: let’s say you want to better understand necessity. this idea “necessity” goes way beyond human nature there might be lots of things dealing with necessity which are not human so the whole of the concepts escape us
so in the hellenic tradition greeks used to put a human shape around the concept so necessity (the goddess Ananke) would have a human description so you can see the idea in a human shape this would make easier to understand the concept in a human manner
as the human figure of Ananke in this case would put her wisdom at a human level (let’s say her word will come up from a human mouth)

From my point of view any spirit or deity, the hellenic tradition has worked with, trough humanized form, is better to work in that specific way, and though that specific image.

Also Hecate might be able to help you with all your questions about your magical work even if is from another tradition, as she represents the idea of magic itself

3 Likes

Hekate was the first entity that ever evoked. While I wasn’t able to, to full manifestation she remains the best evocation I have done. It was simple with candles and dragons blood incense. I repeated her name while repeatedly slowly tracing her wheel. ( Explaining this has given me an idea. When trying to evoke others I should try doing the same with sigils. This might be the trick for me.) When I felt her energy it was like a swirling mass around me. The air was thick and dense at first but evened out.

At the time I wasn’t as dedicated to my spirituality as I am now and she quit showing up. So just make sure you know where you stand is the only warning I would give. This pretty much goes for all entities if I understand correctly.

2 Likes

I would say look up her orphic hymn.

@anon69472442 NO PROBLEM!

1 Like

I’ve been reading this book and it’s been a really great read - super informative. Gives some really great historical connections to her and details how her worship looked across time, definitely worth a look

4 Likes

Thank you I’ll give it a read when I can

3 Likes

@Shauna159 I love your profile pic by the way. She’s my fav character from Kim possible=)

1 Like

Thank you I love your profile pic too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blockquote
From experience? She is Lilith under a different mask. She is primordial, and her energy and power covers many different frequencies.

you kinda killing the person that uses this knowledge, lets hope some understanding. - (ask me about this if you want)

i started throwing scythes to to her, you know, she was on opposite roof, on my apartment block, and we were throwing scythes, later i evoked her in drug ritual, she came with strong visuals and multiple cool forms, including ghost and dinosaur…

i would SEARCH AND PURCHASE black candle, get basic understanding of mechanic beings, understanding mechanics of death, clearn and selfhonest approach to your sexuality, she wont probably come alone