Hebrew Question

I’ve got a question that someone who went to Hebrew school or knows Hebrew might be able to answer. I was reading that the name for God YHWH came from the Hebrew root HWH meaning life and woman and that the translation of HWH into Latin letters is E-V-E. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

2 Likes

I have bookmarked this and will ask the professor at my University who teaches the Judaism courses in the Religion Department and knows how to read and write in Biblical Hebrew.

1 Like

Thing about writing Hebrew if I remember correctly is that the vowels are left out. So I doubt it’s accurate as far as YHWH translating to the name EVE in our alphabet but I will ask him since it is his specialty.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Very welcome.

In the old hebrew bible she was named Chava, חַוָּה. Interestingly the hebrew word for snake is chiva. Where as Adam in hebrew literally means man, the root of Chava is in Chai which mean life, symbolizing her with a nurturing motherly spirit.
Yhwh is a spiritual concept that was hijacked and was intended to revere a unfathomable great creator who had no form, a different concept than El. Yhwh was eventually perveted and corrupted into Iohvah an oppressive step father like figure who stands over the slave gods of the new world for example like Mercury honored on Wednesday also called in spanish Mericoles, and the oppressed god Woden who the very magicians of this construct named Wednesday after.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like