Harry Potter

Well, cant say I liked it. Neither did i hate it. It was just… kinda boring. I didn’t even finish it, both the books and movies. But LOTR, that I finished. It was my childhood favorite and still is now. But HP lacked something, just don’t know what it is.

Well it was an important part of my childhood and I love till today. It’s my favorite fantasy series, (even though today I know is far from perfection)and because of what meant to me as a child I even got a tattoo of the deadly hollows, I also like the meaning of it (master of death) so… to me HP is for life, is “the place” I run to when I’m down, I guess exactly because of my childhood, give me the “safety innocent childhood feeling”. I consider myself a “geek” in those matters, I love HP, LOTR, SW, MCU, all that stuff :laughing:
Now if I had to choose a fiction story to compare with real life, magically speaking, I think Supernatural is the one that get “closer”.

1 Like

Fun yet it feels like she scavenged the series to make the last two work and make it look intentional.

I find it funny 90% of what we do involves the imperius curse via influence. They don’t get money spells and everyone waits until marraige… I like ours more. Quidditch would be cool if the other positions mattered

The Deathly Hallow are cool and we get 2 out of 3. Get on good terms with Bael and you’ll be unnoticed, Necromantic Evocation is the stone, and if you’re really determined you’ve got the wand thing you don’t actually need when it comes to death cursing a bitch.

Our magick is cooler

3 Likes

Harry Potter was generation defining for me. First book came out when I started school, final book during university. It unified my generation - it didn’t matter if you were a nerd, sporty, cool, a muso, everyone went silent and read the week a new Harry came out.

I love how Harry Potter brought the joy of reading to my generation.

2 Likes

Didn’t see this thread before but I definitely loved HP, still love it today.
Books way more than the movies. I make it my point to have a marathon at least once a year where I read all the books or watch all the movies again with friends. Always nice.

And I have a tattoo…:roll_eyes: :rofl:

I just started reading the series over recently. It’s funny though, I never noticed that for all the magickal creatures she incorporates into its universe, there is zero mention of any type of angel, demon, or spirit besides human ghosts. I wonder if that’s because she wanted to avoid bringing in real spiritual pantheons, or if she just didn’t want to get accused of promoting witchcraft any more than she already was.

I think it’s the latter

The books were a fun read. The movies were pretty bad and I could barely sit through most of them.

I loved the movies, but the books were too boring for me lol.

I can say the same thing only on the contrary, I liked the books more than the movies.

But you know, when I reread Harry Potter, I imagine all the characters as in a movie. Actually, I love to read fantasy, because when you get into this fascinating world, make your way with the heroes through mountains and deserts, destroy cities and build towers, save dragons, you get the feeling that you own magic. When you read fantasy, wings grow behind your back and you soar after the heroes, along with them, but you feel the trace and whiff of these wings even when you return to reality and this supports you. So, when I read Harry Potter, I experienced something similar.

I personally love HP. I think it’s a great way to help young people open up their imaginations and explore the possibilities of magick.
Most of us read some sort of fiction /fantasy.

If you believe you can do magick then you can. If you doubt then you can’t.

The world of magick is just starting to open up again. Who knows what our next few generations of magicians will be able to acheive.

Please go do a proper introduction. Its a requirement of this forum.

intro1

I liked it growing up and still do. I do prefer LOTR a bit more now that i am older, but I do enjoy rereading Harry Potter every now and then. Helps me to get all my studies out of my mind for a bit.

4 Likes

I heard some of the series is banned in school libraries as it had real spells to summon evil spirits.

My opinion is that it is a work of Catholic church.

1 Like

Well unfortunately my sister has always been obsessed with Harry Potter, so I’ve watched, and then rewatched it more times then I ever wanted to. It’s good the first or second time you watch the series, after that…eh. Wasn’t my favorite show either.

LOTR :metal:

2 Likes

I recently have watched all the movies. I never watched the Fantastic beasts series which was a spin off if I’m not mistaken I can’t remember if it was named that though but I heard thats when they actually got bad but thats just from what I heard about the last 2 I think the fantastic best movies was a 2 parter.

But honestly in my opinion the series was just okay, i mean I wouldn’t mind re watching all of them if i had some friends over but not my favorite film series though. When they got dark is when the series got good for me. I have posted my thoughts in the Amazing movie thread made by Timothy which I also put a lot of other random movies i enjoyed which it’s pretty long but if want to read my full thoughts ill link it here:

But in short:

‘Harry Potter Order Of The Phoenix’ (part 5) for me was a 8/10

'Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince’ (part 6) was a 9/10 (easly my favorite out-of all of them)

‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part I’ (7th movie) 7/10 really its just a build-up to part 2 So not much really happens but still enjoyable.

‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2’ (8th film)
8/10 (which Really i felt they should have stopped the series there really there was no need to make another 1) and by the trailers I’ve seen they don’t look very exiting but as for the older Harry Potter movies they where pretty okay also I found out recently that John Williams did the music for the older films which I felt he did a pretty great job and I forgot the other guy who took over for the other films when he didn’t go on to do the other movies but the other guy did a great job with the music too

So definitely the last 4 are the best ones in my opinion not counting the Fantastic Beasts movies which I heard they were pretty “Meh…”

My parents didn’t want me reading them because it was bad evil witchcraft, and I didn’t feel like reading because I was too tired cause of fighting the backwards American education system. I am thinking about reading the books now though. It has got way past the point were bad evil witchcraft makes more sense then the dominate societal narrative.

1 Like

I prefer Narnia, Alice in wonderland, Mary Poppins and the wizard of Oz to any of them but I’m missing the point here

I wasn’t allowed to read HP, but somehow LOTR was fine

I quite enjoyed the little I have read/seen