Ha! Total Noob Move

Hey All,

Just did an evocation of Salas’ash and I ended up completely filling my Temple room so full of incense that I had tears running down my face and could not focus on the sigil because my eyes were burning so badly. My throat was so raw that my voice came out as a croak when speaking, in between fits of coughing. There was so much incense in the air that I literally could not see my triangle, nor my censor! And it was only a foot away!

I was trying some BBQ coals and I guess I overestimated the amount of copal tears to use. I thought you all would appreciate a good laugh!

2 Likes

Looooooooooool

You made me smile today and I needed it thanks pal

evocation hot box!

LOL, did the same thing when I first got my censer and resin trying to figure out how much to use.

I did that also a couple years back. It produces quite a bit more smoke than most resins. Maybe that’s what it feels like to conjure an army of spirits in a tight space.
; )

Hahaha! I remember the first time I did something like this. I thought the demon was attacking me.

Also happened with me.

1 Like

Heh, you’re not alone. I was mad as hell when I realized I had to end my first evocation early because I couldn’t breathe anymore. I can’t even imagine how long it took you to get that smell out of the room.

Yup…me too!

The joint I’m in now I have to use the garage…only place that I can call “my own” as far as Sacred Ground. Funny thing - I just got a new censer this weekend and some new copal. the copal I got is Peruvian? Kinda black? anyways I ended up breaking it up and mixing with the killer batch of white copal I got 3 months ago to cut it (YES I swear I’m into into incense with all the cutting and NOT blow…heehee):slight_smile:

I Shoulda bought the white Copal from Mr. Badamba this weekend y’all! Nice Haitian Voudon practitioner that owns a little Botanical downtown.

In terms of the different types of copal, which is the best for evocation? Or is there fuck all difference between the black and the white?

@Mode - I’ve also moved to my garage for privacy and because my wife is convinced I’ve summoned things into the house (which I have) so to ease her mind, I moved to the garage. Not that they will stay in the garage but it makes her feel better. LOL

I have only used white Copal resin. Just bought some black, but haven’t tried t yet. I’m sure it will work fine.

Much too much smoke, hah…very recognisable.
At first I had to be content with the garage as well, but now I have a beautiful cellar with a separate room which I call my Temple now.

The garage did have some funny side effects though. It was the passage to my wife’s business and customers used to stand at the exact spot where I made the circle. Well, so they did before I started to work there.
All of a sudden people didn’t feel at ease anymore there and moved on quickly.

Yes yes…since I don’t have a designated Temple (yet!), one cool thing about the garage is quick evacuation of incense smoke - just press the button, the door goes up, all the smoke goes out.

I’ve only used the white copal so far because EA recommends it (burns the “cleanest” from what he says).

I like it. The black copal from my test-burn this weekend was just a little thicker in smoke.

Between the two - I like the white better. But like I said I mixed the black with the white…we’ll see everyone.

I usually prefer the black copal but that’s merely because of psychological reasons. Black, you know.

Black…wait a minute…what are you sayin? Is this a forum about Black Magick…huh???

I’m going to join a wiccan coven…

Black…wait a minute…what are you sayin? Is this a forum about Black Magick…huh???

I’m going to join a wiccan coven…[/quote]

lol at copal tears

I’m going to join a wiccan coven…[/quote]

lol at copal tears[/quote]

Oh shit,… Did I say too much? Damn, I didn’t wanna blow our cover!