Great rituals for Beginners in norse paganism

Does anyone have any advice on Norse pagan Rituals for Beginners, I want to try and build my connection with Odin and Loki as well (Strange choice I Know) so does anyone know of any material such as books or Grimoires in that respect

3 Likes

Start off with Runes and learning runic magick. Runes can be used for a multitude of reasons and then add onto it- theres a grimoire called the galdrabok which is full of runic staves

1 Like

basic meanings, theres loads more of meanings for the runes. You can use them for divination but that’s a recent thing

1 Like

I’m very confident with runic reading, I was from the start but I’m looking for something a bit more advanced

Not weird at all. You can’t have one without the other, in my experience. Freyja Aswynn has some great material. Diana Paxson’s Odin: Ecstasy, Runes, and Norse Magic. Nine Worlds of Seid Magic by Jenny Blain. Myrkþursablót: Nightside of The Old Norse Mythology, (www.fallofmen.eu) and there’s a new book that I have ordered but not received yet and it suppose to be good, Sorcerer’s Screed and Rune. There are many but most books out there just rehash the same basic stuff over and over. You make your own work. I believe EA Koetting has some material out on this subject but I haven’t read it myself.

Freyja Aswynn

1 Like

I forgot one of my favourites. Gundarsson’s Teutonic Magic. There’s a circle rite in it that I use all the time.

1 Like