Graveyard Dirt

This will be a bit lengthy, but worth reading.

In 1993 my friend died in a head on collision. Ten years later, in 2003, I began having dreams of him. They were unpleasant, even menacing. Out of the blue I decided that I should contact his parents to let them know that I valued his friendship and thought of him often. A few months later they wrote me separate letter expressing how much my letter meant to them. The dreams stopped.

In 2015 I wrote them a similar letter. I heard nothing back. Yesterday I saw my friend’s dad where I work. He stated that back in 2015 he tried to write me but that the letter got returned. He said that he was so disappointed when that happened. He began to tell me how much it meant to him and his wife that I wrote those two letters over the last 12 years. He said that this was the kindest thing that anybody had ever done for them.

Today I decided to find my friend’s grave. I knew which cemetery he was at but had to have the desk attendant help me find it. When she left I knelt at his grave. I closed my eyes and said hi to my friend. I felt two things: The common emotion of sorrow you would expect, but also a flowing of electricity through me. I told my friend that I apologized for picking on his younger brother to the point that my friend had to defend him. I told my friend that I hoped that me contact his parents would be enough to show him my remorse. Then I saw a vision of him in bright sunlight smiling. He said don’t worry about his coming to me in the dreams 12 years ago. He said he had to do that so that I would contacting his parents. I asked him if he would be willing to help me overcome obstacles in my life and navigate my troubles (he was always protective of his friends and family). He confidently said (in the way he that he did as a teenager when he died), “Heck ya”. I took a hand full of soil from his grave and have saved it in a cup to be used later in a yet to be determined ritual. It just seemed the right thing to do.

Now, this whole thing seems very nutty as I write this. And maybe it is. Maybe all this was just a random pile of coincidences and mind-fuckery. But I thought I’d go with it and see where it takes me.

Any thoughts?

6 Likes

Sounds as though you two had a wonderful relationship! Good Dirt right there you go have fun with that

3 Likes

Damn straight! You guys are still friends even beyond the grave!

3 Likes

Yeah, this sounds real, as in a valid contact… love (and that includes friendship) can live on, long past the grave, you may be very blessed by this, and you earned that by doing the right thing writing those letters as well. Think what a comfort it was to them, and to him, to have you there - you seem like a good friend to have. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s beautiful man. I teared up when I read that. If you want some ways to improve your friend’s spiritual state alá necromancy, PM me. I would love to help you with that.

5 Likes

Definitely valid contact ! Keep the dirt, there are a lot of things you can use it for

4 Likes